Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell vs Pikeville 2013
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Russell replaces Raceland on the schedule with Pikeville. It's a good quality opponent for both teams. Shame the Russell/Raceland series had to end though.
Have been excited about this match up since I learned about its possibility. I love games against storied programs such as Russell's. The Pikeville schedule is essentially finalized. Just working out the location of this game still, I believe. (Edit: Will be at Russell in 2013, Pikeville in 2014)

Non-district for Pikeville 2013:

Week 0-Prestonsburg A
Week 1-Somerset PCB
Week 2-Paintsville A
Week 3-Sheldon Clark H
Week 4-Belfry A
Week 5-Middlesboro H
Week 6-Open
Week 10-Russell A
Like this game. :Thumbs:
Glad to here this. Should be good for both teams, and a good looking non district shedule as well.
Is this gonna be in the PCB or just apart of the regular season?
Part of the regular season.
It would be a hell of a game for the PCB.
The Somerset matchup for the PCB is pretty daggone good to me!
That's a pretty stout non district schedule for Pikeville.
has anyone heard if russell will continue to play ironton.
Glad to see this game along with the Prestonsburg game on Pikevilles slate. These should be very competetive games in the future for the teams involved.
You're Tiger Bait Wrote:has anyone heard if russell will continue to play ironton.

Yes.
Live Maroon Wrote:The Somerset matchup for the PCB is pretty daggone good to me!

Speaking of the PCB, does anyone have the complete list for it or they still working on it?
You're Tiger Bait Wrote:has anyone heard if russell will continue to play ironton.

At least for a few more beatdowns! Then they will drop them.
64cat Wrote:At least for a few more beatdowns! Then they will drop them.

Nope.
Pikeville 2013 will still have work to do, although they will be improved.

Pikeville 2014 should be right in the thick of things competing for a 1A Title.
So let me get this straight. Russell will drive about two hours one-way to play 1A Pikeville. Who we here in Raceland respect greatly.
But can't drive ten minutes to play 1A Raceland.
Please someone tell me the logic of this.
Payday will be $$$$$ less.
Four hour bus ride round trip.
But you can play on turf every other year.
Someone please explain.
They aren't playing Paintsville.

Yes you need to get things straight.
The series with Raceland is ending because of the unusually high number if transfers that Raceland has from Russell in the junior and sophomore classes and Coach McGlone believes, right or wrong, there has been tampering and recruiting.

I don't think it should have ended but its done.
FBALL Wrote:The series with Raceland is ending because of the unusually high number if transfers that Raceland has from Russell in the junior and sophomore classes and Coach McGlone believes, right or wrong, there has been tampering and recruiting.

I don't think it should have ended but its done.

This a joke right?.
I don't think anyone on the Ram staff has gone out and recruited anyone from Russell. A few have transfered. But recruited!!
LAme excuse imo.
football 105 Wrote:This a joke right?.
I don't think anyone on the Ram staff has gone out and recruited anyone from Russell. A few have transfered. But recruited!!
LAme excuse imo.

It's not my excuse. I'm just telling you what the person who made this decision believes. That's why I said right or wrong.

Raceland has 4 kids in there starting line up that went to Russell from Kindergarden through middle school and a few others in those two classes. It looks odd to say the least.

They all had different reasons. Two them were a no Brainer. Their dad is an administrator at Raceland and when their mom left Russell for a job at Racelad it was a given they would go too. Others transferred for reasons ranging from what positions they wanted to play to failing a grade and not wanting to be held back so they transferred and were promoted.

I don't agree with not playing but I lay all of this out to show its not as cut and dried as some may think. There is a lot of bad blood from that two year stretch and that is a true shame.
Are you straight yet?
This will be a good hardnose matchup
What about Shelby Valley game?
Pikeville has a chance to win one of those games and that is against Paintsville. Actually maybe Middlesboro too they have been down lately. But don't worry when you play in the weakest district in the state year in and year out you got 3 wins guaranteed.
Russell 28

Pikeville 14
sportsguru4u Wrote:Pikeville has a chance to win one of those games and that is against Paintsville. Actually maybe Middlesboro too they have been down lately. But don't worry when you play in the weakest district in the state year in and year out you got 3 wins guaranteed.

Actually, could end up with a winning record out of these games. As for District, Pikeville plays who they're told to play. We don't pick our district opponents. It is what it is. That's why you see this kind of non-district schedule and I applaud Coach McNamee for scheduling tough teams. Could easily schedule 9 wins if he wanted, but that does nothing to get a team prepared for playoffs.
People can say what they want but I believe Pikeville will seriously be battle tested when the playoffs come and because of the tough teams they have played they will be a tough out in the playoffs. There's a lot to be said for manning up against a schedule like they have had to play in the midst's of a rebuilding year. It will pay off big in the future for them.
FBALL Wrote:Are you straight yet?

Just when you start to think differently about something or someone you get something like this to try and agitate or keep the pot stirred. WhY??
Excuses
With those excuses. Maybe Boyd Co should stop playing Ashland. Or maybe Boyd Co should stop playing Russell!!
Not a bad looking group that left the county to play at these schools.
Wow, Prestonsburg, Somerset, Belfry, Sheldon Clark, and Russell. Thats one hell of a non district schedule for a 1A team. Kudos to the coach for having the balls to put this schedule together.

They will take there licks, but will be battle tested come playoff time.
Pages: 1 2