Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Allen Central @ Williamsburg 9/22
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Williamsburg has lost 4 players due to injury but I still think they win big
Williamsburg 60
Allen central 6
I think Sizemore will set the record this week with 10 TD Passes..:1:
65 to 6 Burg
Williamsburg will win the game, and go into their off week. This gives them the chance to heal up and hopefully find a kicking game.
Williamsburg with a running clock in the 1st half.

Williamsburg - a whole lot
Allen Central - 0
Williamsburg by a bunch. Allen Central appears to be down this year. Williamsburg has a lot of weapons and will overwhelm Allen Central.
Williamsburg by 24
Williamsburg by 50+ in the first half. Allen Central is very down this year.
Yellow Jackets by 40+
The jackets have a few kids out right now but this game shouldnt be much contest.
wburg by atleast 5 td's...
Jackets win this one big... I see coach Herron pulling his starters as soon as he can.. With so many injuries, he is going to try and keep everyone healthy.

Jackets 48
Allen Central 7
I agree 100% with Mr. November... Coach Herron is a very smart coach and will manage this game very well...
Allen Central will score 0 to 14 points in this game... due to subs. I believe Williamsburg can put up as much as they want to in this one.
Coach Herron will not his starters till the 4th quarter. He kept them in at jellico with a 50 point lead.
colonelking69 Wrote:Coach Herron will not his starters till the 4th quarter. He kept them in at jellico with a 50 point lead.

That is not true, but ok whatever.
He did no such thing at the Jellico game. If you were there you would know that!
colonelking69, Herron may have kept his starters in at Jellico until the 3rd quarter or so but I don't think he'll do so against Allen Central. When W'burg played Jellico, they didn't have a bunch of starters out with injuries like they have this week.

The Jellico game was the first of the season (not including the panorama game against Knox Central) and the Jackets had a bunch of younger players and first time players on the sidelines. Some of them just weren't ready to play at the high school level during that first game. I think it was wise of Herron to let them watch that first game from the sidelines instead of throwing them to lions right away.

Some of Herron's decisions may not make sense to the average fan like me, but I think everything he does is part of some "master plan" that he has for the team. He doesn't explain every action and decision in detail because most of us woudn't understand it anyway. Truth be told, Jerry Herron is probably some kind of maniacal genius. I'm just glad he's OUR maniacal genius!
He kept throwing the ball .So they could run up the score. And look what happened the first time they played a team that didnt suck .
colonelking69 Wrote:He kept throwing the ball .So they could run up the score. And look what happened the first time they played a team that didnt suck .

Look I am a Whitley Fan...but I also give Williamsburg credit, they did beat a good team 36-0, in the Harlan win. I would consider them much like our win against Clay Co.

You should know we have our own issues at hand. We got beat by Russel and I never get used to be beaten by Bell Co, but it happens. We play down while Williamsburg plays up. ( I am talking about enrollment numbers). Lets wish them the best and gear up for Lynn Camp this week and get everyone healed!
tvtimeout Wrote:Look I am a Whitley Fan...but I also give Williamsburg credit, they did beat a good team 36-0, in the Harlan win. I would consider them much like our win against Clay Co.

You should know we have our own issues at hand. We got beat by Russel and I never get used to be beaten by Bell Co, but it happens. We play down while Williamsburg plays up. ( I am talking about enrollment numbers). Lets wish them the best and gear up for Lynn Camp this week and get everyone healed!

Williamsburg is one of the top teams in Class A but can easily compete and win against larger schools. Williamsburg by a ton. No disrepect to Allen Central, the kids play as hard they can but like us they are outmatched on Fridays.
Williamsburg 70
Allen Central 12
I don't know why you think the ball was thrown on every play to run the score up because I'm sure it wasn't. If you have ever watched us play ball then you would know that is how we play ball. We played a very good team last Friday and we did lose by 3 points but we also played them close except for the second quarter and proved that our boys CAN play ball. We played that well with several starters out and had some young players step up and play on the line. So colonelking69 what is your problem with the Jackets?
colonelking69, seriously, you should learn a little about a topic before you post comments on a blog. You're embarrasing yourself.

First off, the Jackets didn't keep throwing the ball at Jellico. They kept it on the ground when the game was in hand and the continuous clock had kicked in. Just for your edification (look that word up), the continuous clock keeps players safe by shortening the game. "Running up the score" on an opponent is actually good for both teams by making each team run fewer plays and exposing their kids to injury.

Second, at Oneida, the pass served Williamsburg well. It kept the Jackets in the game and Sizemore only gave up one pick. W'burg will throw against anybody in the state. They don't call it "Jacket Air" for nothing!

To add to what Jacket4Life said, we DID get outplayed in the second quarter but the Jackets jumped out to a 14-0 lead in the first period.

To answer Jacket4Life's question to colonelking69, his problem is most likely that he wishes his name were jacketking69 instead.
Sizemore only threw the ball 29 times in the Jellico game. In a spread offense that is not very many. Two other kids played quarterback that night. 8 kids caught a ball and 5 ran it. The offense was spread out and a lot of kids got a touch. There was no effort to pad his stats. Williamsburg scored with three different quarterbacks including a freshman. When you sub down those kids want to play. This is a long traditional rivalry for Williamsburg which has got lopsided the last couple of years. Much like Whitley and Lynn Camp it has probably run its course. Whitley plays smash mouth and eats the clock but will have a hard time not scoring 50 on Friday. When they hand the ball off to their 5th and 6th backs those kids will run hard and try to score.
I have no problem with williamsburg football . I myself coached some of those kids playing there . My only gripe is the coach getting on the radio saying nobody wont play him. And how big the Lesley Co school was . I hope williamsburg wins a state title just so you know.But you got to schedule some of the better 1a schools not just the ones you know are weaker than you are .
colonelking69... when teams don't want to play you, there is little you can do besides beg! This is why Hazard only has 9 games this year, and one of those is a Virginia team. The only 1A teams they play this year are their district opponents. This is NOT because Hazard's coach won't schedule harder 1A teams. He has scheduled a bunch of 2A and 3A schools, so he must not be scared of losses.

Why pick on Herron and the Jackets? The same is happening to them. They could only get 7 in-state opponents this year. Why would Herron schedule two good Tennessee teams, Oneida and Oliver Springs, this year if he was afraid to lose?

Also, think about it... why would Williamsburg want to schedule another top-notch 1A school like Eminence, Mayfield, or Beechwood during the regular season when there is a very good chance that they'll meet one or more of these teams if they go deep in the playoffs? Why show your hand too early?
W-Burg
I'd say this one will be a running clock by halftime.

Allen Central has one of the worst teams in the state this season.
colonelking69 Wrote:I have no problem with williamsburg football . I myself coached some of those kids playing there . My only gripe is the coach getting on the radio saying nobody wont play him. And how big the Lesley Co school was . I hope williamsburg wins a state title just so you know.But you got to schedule some of the better 1a schools not just the ones you know are weaker than you are .

who will fill those voids. GET OVER IT
I know Somerset is trying to schedule Williamsburg for next year. But I don't know if it will happen.
Pages: 1 2