Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Central @ St. Xavier 9/21
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Any thoughts or predictions?
Central will put up a hell of a fight, but I think St. X wins by a couple score, one of them being late. Central just doesn't have the depth St. X does.
Looking forward to seeing how this one plays out. As stated, don't know if Central has the depth across the board.

Central 17
Doesn't Central two-platoon almost predominantly? If so, depth shouldn't be a huge factor. If X is their usual self, it will just depend on if they have enough strength/size up front to consistently move the ball against that crazy good Central D.

This game goes to whoever can control the LOS. Turnovers of course will be a major factor too.

One question for Central fans. Last December, Derus Cox was largely ineffective in relief of Wales. I see he has put up big numbers this year. I take it the young man really put in the work over the offseason?
PaytoPlay Wrote:Doesn't Central two-platoon almost predominantly? If so, depth shouldn't be a huge factor. If X is their usual self, it will just depend on if they have enough strength/size up front to consistently move the ball against that crazy good Central D.

they usually do, but X does the same thing and they've got quality depth behind their starters. Central does not, especially on offense and that's where I think Central gets hurt in this one.
ST. X 14-Central 7
No one picking central? From what I've read this Isnt you typical x team. I know they lost to bowling green and I think central is on par with the purples. So I'm gonna say

Central 22

St X 20
X has to many kids for Central. They will wear Central down and win by a score late.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:No one picking central? From what I've read this Isnt you typical x team. I know they lost to bowling green and I think central is on par with the purples. So I'm gonna say

Central 22

St X 20
X lost by a TD to both Moeller and BG. Central isn't on 'par' with either of those teams.

St X 40
Central 14
E's Army Wrote:X has to many kids for Central. They will wear Central down and win by a score late.
Central dresses over 100.
Coachdad Wrote:Central dresses over 100.

Your KHSAA roster says they have about 60 kids?

From the years they have played Belfry Central always seems to be in the 60-70 range?
I counted against manual, 97 in uniform , about 6 in jerseys . Kids come after rosters are posted & also get moved up. I'll look for the team pick, they clearly dress about 100.
Thunder Lips Wrote:X lost by a TD to both Moeller and BG. Central isn't on 'par' with either of those teams.

St X 40
Central 14

Moeller probably not. But I'm still not sure about BG. I. Think central is that good from what I've heard and the little I've read. This is one of the best games of the week. Besides highlands and cov cath.
X by 10
Saint Xavier 28
Central 14

This will be a very good game, I agree with most on here with Saint Xavier pulling away for the win late in the game.
one point last year that is why they play the game but central has never beaten St. X
St. X by 3 scores. Like everyone else has said, St. X just too much solid depth across the board for Central. I would love to see Central pull out the W though. Also, Central is not up to par with Bowling Green lol.
Yellowjackets stings the tigers 34-26
St X losing close games to Moeller & BG more impressive than their wins against Fern Creek & Doss. Moeller is legit national team & BG may be 2nd best team in KY.

X wins this one, but it may be close. 7-10 point spread.
Central has not played doss of fern creek in years. Sorry my friend but manual was #4 in 6A when central beat them ( actually blasted them) & Ballard was #9 in 6A. You can slight those victories if you want , but then you'll be exposed .
Central-14/ St.X-10. I see a low scoring defensive game.
PaytoPlay Wrote:Doesn't Central two-platoon almost predominantly? If so, depth shouldn't be a huge factor. If X is their usual self, it will just depend on if they have enough strength/size up front to consistently move the ball against that crazy good Central D.

This game goes to whoever can control the LOS. Turnovers of course will be a major factor too.

One question for Central fans. Last December, Derus Cox was largely ineffective in relief of Wales. I see he has put up big numbers this year. I take it the young man really put in the work over the offseason?
Nope , just talented.He'd really be a beast if he had.
I dont know a lot about x, but i do know a little about central, i believe their d can match up with anyone, i say central 7-0
Coachdad Wrote:Central has not played doss of fern creek in years. Sorry my friend but manual was #4 in 6A when central beat them ( actually blasted them) & Ballard was #9 in 6A. You can slight those victories if you want , but then you'll be exposed .

Manual is 1-3 and just not very good. We will see how good Ballard is when they play Warren Central in two weeks.
My point is these are extraordinary feats by a 3A team.Most likely central is a top 10 in the state all classes.
Yes Manual is 1-3, however you forgot to mention that their 3 losses are to
1) 5-0 #1 3A Central
2) 5-0 #5 6A PRP
3) 3-2 #9 6A Ballard who's only in state loss was to Central.
So you can call Manual bad if you want but they can beat 90% of all teams in the state of Kentucky .
Coachdad Wrote:Yes Manual is 1-3, however you forgot to mention that their 3 losses are to
1) 5-0 #1 3A Central
2) 5-0 #5 6A PRP
3) 3-2 #9 6A Ballard who's only in state loss was to Central.
So you can call Manual bad if you want but they can beat 90% of all teams in the state of Kentucky .

Sorry. Louisville 6A public school football is the most overrated of any football out there.

Central is a VERY good 3A program. Central has benefitted more than any school in the state from 6 Classes.

Central beat a 0-4 Western team 28-6 in which they led just 14-6 at the half. I have a feeling St X will be a little better than Western.
Central/western is an "inner-city" rivalry records don't matter in this one. Plus this is HIGH SCHOOL football , your logic seems like the logic I would use when evaluating division 1 College football .
Good point about western being 0-4 ,I see their opponents are
1) 5-0 #1 3A central
2) 5-0. #1.4A. Highlands
3) 3-2. #9 6A. Ballard (who's only in state loss was to central)
4) 4-1. #5 6A Male
Yep I see your logic :HitWall:
Little ole Western in Shively kept it respectable against 2 6A Louisville public schools and the best Louisville public school in 3A and the state. Of course Highlands came in and dropped the hammer on them. Another example that Louisville public school football is not real good.

Your 'logic' is that Louisville public school football is good. My logic is that it is not.

Goodluck to Central against St X. I hope the Jackets beat X.

But i'm being "logical" and predicting a 3-4 TD victory for X.
Pages: 1 2