Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prestonsburg QB Jarrell sets new state record
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Prestonsburg Quarterback Jarred Jarrell set a new state record tonight for passing yards in one game. The sophomore finished with 676 passing yards breaking the previous record of 652. He also tied the record for td passes in a game with 9. The Blackcats defeated Pike Central. Congrats to a fine young man on a great accomplishment.. Hats off to the entire Blackcat offense tonight. :Thumbs:
Other quarterbacks that also threw for 9 touchdowns in a game include: Alex Matthews of Shelby County 2007, J.J. Hesch of Newport 2005, Andy Greer of Williamsburg 2003, Gerry Ahrens of Male 1997.
Unofficially I had Bryson Williams with at least 345 yards receiving. That would also be a state record. Previous record-holder was Patrick West of Franklin-Simpson vs. Allen-Co Scottsville at 325 yards in 2002.
Congrats!
Did not realize Bryson was also a state record ... Congrats ... 5 touchdowns for Williams ...
Congrats sounds like it was special nite!!
Good job Jarrod!
Congrats and once again, kudos to the coached for letting him get it!

Screw this whining about scoring.

Records are meant to be broken.
Boom!

Congrats
At first, I had thought just pull these kids you've got the W well in hand ... then I thought about it ... would Chapman pull his punches? Probably not. Let's let these kids get something for themselves, they HAD to be in there for a while with close scoring so why not let them get those last few for the records?
Nice job jarred and Bryson with 1:41 left I would have let jarred throw one more to see if he could break the record
Congrats. Big time numbers by a qb. Also seen where Pikes QB as a freshman threw for 500 in this game. Great accomplishments by the reciever for Prestonsburg also. I thought mountain football was smash mouth did they drive up here to Lexington and steal some stuff from Catholic lol?
cctiger Wrote:Congrats. Big time numbers by a qb. Also seen where Pikes QB as a freshman threw for 500 in this game. Great accomplishments by the reciever for Prestonsburg also. I thought mountain football was smash mouth did they drive up here to Lexington and steal some stuff from Catholic lol?
Nope you all came here and stole your coach from us. He took us to the state championship game in 93'
I'm not a catholic fan or supporter was just making a joke. What all of the kids did on offense for both teams tonight is amazing. Congrats to them.
Belfry0304 Wrote:At first, I had thought just pull these kids you've got the W well in hand ... then I thought about it ... would Chapman pull his punches? Probably not. Let's let these kids get something for themselves, they HAD to be in there for a while with close scoring so why not let them get those last few for the records?

This will be the first time I ever agree with a Belfry fan.
For those of you that didn't know, Jesse Watts od Sheldon Clark held the record for more than 15 years with 651 yards. His record was broken about two weeks ago by Nelson County's qb, although I don't remember his name.

Congrats to Jarrell and Williams on their records.

Btw, someone told me that the mothers of all Blackcats and Hawks were very happy the final score. Something about since nobod tackled anyone the laundry could be put off a week.:biggrin:
Leonidas Wrote:Btw, someone told me that the mothers of all Blackcats and Hawks were very happy the final score. Something about since nobod tackled anyone the laundry could be put off a week.:biggrin:

:thatsfunn:
canoeman06 Wrote:Prestonsburg Quarterback Jarred Jarrell set a new state record tonight for passing yards in one game. The sophomore finished with 676 passing yards breaking the previous record of 652. He also tied the record for td passes in a game with 9. The Blackcats defeated Pike Central. Congrats to a fine young man on a great accomplishment.. Hats off to the entire Blackcat offense tonight. :Thumbs:

Congratulations Jarred Jarrell!
Leonidas Wrote:For those of you that didn't know, Jesse Watts od Sheldon Clark held the record for more than 15 years with 651 yards. His record was broken about two weeks ago by Nelson County's qb, although I don't remember his name.

Congrats to Jarrell and Williams on their records.

Btw, someone told me that the mothers of all Blackcats and Hawks were very happy the final score. Something about since nobod tackled anyone the laundry could be put off a week.:biggrin:

5 of the top six in the state for most passing yards in a game are now from the mountains.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:5 of the top six in the state for most passing yards in a game are now from the mountains.

:Thumbs:
2010, JJ Jude from JC breaks the state single game rushing record.
2011, JJ Jude from JC breaks the state career rushing record.

2012, Jarred Jarrell from P-Burg breaks the state record for passing yards in single game; and ties for most TD passes in a single game.

Proud to be from the 15th region and seeing our kids names in the record books!
Congrats 2 these guys and Records are meant to be Broken...
first off congrats jarredd,heck of a night,nights like that dont happen very often, enjoy it!you worked for it.seconed i have loved watching jarreddj @ chatlin turning into fine young men, its been fun. also thanks to all who have posted positive coments on jarredds success, love you jarredd keep up the hard work and who knows what the future will bring.
Congrats to him. Great job!!
also congrats brison and the rest of the blackcat o. keep it up!
Pulp Fiction Wrote:2010, JJ Jude from JC breaks the state single game rushing record.
2011, JJ Jude from JC breaks the state career rushing record.

2012, Jarred Jarrell from P-Burg breaks the state record for passing yards in single game; and ties for most TD passes in a single game.

Proud to be from the 15th region and seeing our kids names in the record books!

Watch out for the JJ's. :yikes:
This group of boys from pburg will win a state title in a few years
Congrats Jarred and Bryson
Way to play Cats!
Didn't he have like 100yrds rushing and a rushing TD as well?
Pages: 1 2