Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: #6 Wayne Co @ #3 Bell Co 9/21
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thoughts and predictions.
I think Wayne is decent but ready to compete with good teams no. Bell by 28.
It might be Wayne's turn to win the district! 22-20 WC
zebra'seyes Wrote:It might be Wayne's turn to win the district! 22-20 WC

There are no turns in football. Wayne Co has a good football team and they won't win the district because it is a turn. If they win it will be because they are the better football team. IMO Wayne Co will not win because of their schedule they have played nobody yet. They need to improve on their scheduling in order to compete.
On paper I see Bell being about a 4 TD favorite. Wayne is taking a massive step up in class and have yet to be tested aainst a team remotely near Bell's stature.

With that said, I expected Bell to roll Whitley County and the Colonels were close to beating the Bobcats on the road.

I'll still say :

Bell 42
Wayne 14
EKUAlum05 Wrote:On paper I see Bell being about a 4 TD favorite. Wayne is taking a massive step up in class and have yet to be tested aainst a team remotely near Bell's stature.

With that said, I expected Bell to roll Whitley County and the Colonels were close to beating the Bobcats on the road.

I'll still say :

Bell 42
Wayne 14

If they turn loose our QB we win by 35 if not we win by 7-14.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:If they turn loose our QB we win by 35 if not we win by 7-14.

What do you mean turn him loose he is a freshman and has a long ways to go not ready to be turned loose. :please:
Amped 88 Wrote:What do you mean turn him loose he is a freshman and has a long ways to go not ready to be turned loose. :please:

Throwing the ball. This is his 4th week. He looked great against a 6A Bryan Station on the road in a OT win and at home against Middlesboro.
I'm not arguing about this subject again. PLENTY of fans are saying turn him loose as well. Everybody knows Peyton has a arm and is ready.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Throwing the ball. This is his 4th week. He looked great against a 6A Bryan Station on the road in a OT win and at home against Middlesboro.

He may have looked great but he has a ways to go he is not in Middle School. He is playing against high school teams he isn't a Kyle Bolin or Tim Couch he will get better just needs to keep working. He will be a great QB just has to develop more. They coaching staff is getting him ready each week.
I just think 15 yards like a Down and In to Green and Cox would be great plays for Collett.
Gotta take the Bobcats BIG!!!!!!!!!
Amped 88 Wrote:He may have looked great but he has a ways to go he is not in Middle School. He is playing against high school teams he isn't a Kyle Bolin or Tim Couch he will get better just needs to keep working. He will be a great QB just has to develop more. They coaching staff is getting him ready each week.

No one has said he doesn't have a ways to go, or said he's Kyle Bolin or Tim Couch. But if they trust him to throw it around now and evaluate mistakes he's making during the game, that goes a long way to helping him get better. Is he ready to open up the offense and throw the ball around? Yes absolutely, he's a smart kid that will learn from mistakes that he WILL make. The coaching staff is being much to timid with him right now. He opened up the game with an int on a forced pass vs Whitley, and wasn't really trusted the rest of the game, he will learn from those mistakes. I think I speak for a lot of people when I say let him open up the offense and throw it around to make those mistakes and learn from them now, get in rhythm with his receivers, instead of waiting until a possible match up vs. Central or hopefully even Belfry and throwing him into the fire, if the run is stopped and it's last resort desperation time, and letting him make those mistakes then.
BellCoFaithful Wrote:No one has said he doesn't have a ways to go, or said he's Kyle Bolin or Tim Couch. But if they trust him to throw it around now and evaluate mistakes he's making during the game, that goes a long way to helping him get better. Is he ready to open up the offense and throw the ball around? Yes absolutely, he's a smart kid that will learn from mistakes that he WILL make. The coaching staff is being much to timid with him right now. He opened up the game with an int on a forced pass vs Whitley, and wasn't really trusted the rest of the game, he will learn from those mistakes. I think I speak for a lot of people when I say let him open up the offense and throw it around to make those mistakes and learn from them now, get in rhythm with his receivers, instead of waiting until a possible match up vs. Central or hopefully even Belfry and throwing him into the fire, if the run is stopped and it's last resort desperation time, and letting him make those mistakes then.

IMO you will have to be able to run and pass the ball to beat Central. If you don't pass they will load up the box and stuff our run EASY.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:IMO you will have to be able to run and pass the ball to beat Central. If you don't pass they will load up the box and stuff our run EASY.

Like last year, and previous years, when teams load up and stuff the run, the passing game isn't prepared to step up and bring something new. That's the downfall every year, and it's not because we don't have the talent to do it. 08 is the only year that the passing game was really turned loose, and the talent showed. There is the same amount, if not more talent now. Matt Raines, we're talking D1 receiving talent with him if the passing game had been turned loose his entire 4 years. I'm not bashing the coaches, they do a fine job, I'm just frustrated that it seems everyone around the program knows we have the talent to throw the ball around, and knows we need to, except them.
Fans were VERY UPSET during the Whitley Co game about running up the middle all night and not changing it up.
BellCoFaithful Wrote:Like last year, and previous years, when teams load up and stuff the run, the passing game isn't prepared to step up and bring something new. That's the downfall every year, and it's not because we don't have the talent to do it. 08 is the only year that the passing game was really turned loose, and the talent showed. There is the same amount, if not more talent now. Matt Raines, we're talking D1 receiving talent with him if the passing game had been turned loose his entire 4 years. I'm not bashing the coaches, they do a fine job, I'm just frustrated that it seems everyone around the program knows we have the talent to throw the ball around, and knows we need to, except them.

BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Fans were VERY UPSET during the Whitley Co game about running up the middle all night and not changing it up.

You guys have no idea what you all are talking about. Let the fans and you guys get upset. Bell Co is focused on getting better and winning ballgames. Did either of you all play football?
Amped 88 Wrote:You guys have no idea what you all are talking about. Let the fans and you guys get upset. Bell Co is focused on getting better and winning ballgames. Did either of you all play football?

You're right..I don't know what I'm talking about. You go ask anyone in the state what happens if the run is stopped with Bell. Don't get me wrong..that's a tough task..but better yet, YOU tell me what happens when the run is controlled.
Wayne wins a close one 28-27.
Bell should roll, but times have changed.
Maybe it's Wayne's turn to be the better team.
If you think coach Mills is going to open it up your crazy. Coach Mills is going to run the ball and play defense.
Bell 42
Wayne 7
Bell wins by 21
Wayne has closed the gap but are not there yet. Bell by 10.
Our freshman Quarterback has a long way to go. Coach Mills was protecting him against whitley county by keeping it on the ground. Of course he looked good against middlesboro we could take chances against them having a big lead. but if he goes out there and makes a few mistakes against a good team like whitley county they would have beat us. Whitley was hoping we would try to pass the ball so they could rush him and hope he makes 2 or 3 mistakes. but coach mills said in the middlesboro daily news he didn't wanna throw his young qb to the wolves.
Coach Mills had said they will be working on passing the ball some and will take more advantage of it if we can build up a big lead on a team. Don't get me wrong our young quarterback is going to be really good one in the future.
The Fans have to understand you can't just turn a young inexperience qb loose if you do you make alot of mistakes and loose badly.
Bell County 35

Wayne County 14
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:I'm not arguing about this subject again. PLENTY of fans are saying turn him loose as well. Everybody knows Peyton has a arm and is ready.
There's a reason there FANS and not coaches
How many of u fans go to practice? That is when a young player gets better and coaches experiment nOt on friday nights! If u guys r so smart try ur hand at coaching.
Bell County by 42
Pages: 1 2