Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Whitley Co. 35 - Clay Co. 21
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Congratulations Whitley,

It was a very Physical game by both teams Clay definitely wasn't pushed around like predicted. The difference was Whitley's passing game, they connected on some huge pass plays. Clay must have turned to ball over 4 or 5 times, which in my opinion was the difference. The tigers had some young guys step up tonight and play great filling the role of two senior leaders who were suspended. (No Excuses) I'm Proud of Coach E for making a tough decision earlier in the week and the Tigers for hanging close throughout the game.

Good luck Whitley the rest of the season.
If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas. "If" clay takes care of the ball it turns in to one heck of a game. "But" they didn't, and if I'm not mistaken, Whitley scored on three or four of the turnovers.

Clay has an open week coming up. Get some things cleaned up and get ready for Knox.
Looks like Whitley Co will be in the Mtn Top 10 come Monday. Wink
Why??? Clay beat their selfs.
GREAT Win for Whitley County, between the late cheap shots and one sided guys in stripes (I refuse to call the them officials) the Colonels over came a lot of adversity for the nice win.

Physical only counts prior to the whistle not after, then it is called a cheap shot. It really got ridiculous, Whitley was called for 115 yards in penalties, had numerous LONG runs called back and I will not disagree with the calls but you gotta call them on both sides. If the UK recruit is really going to UK, Joker really is a joke and needs to be fired. The player is SEC caliber....at holding!!!!!

And lets not forget the camera guy throwing the chair into the Whitley fan section almost hitting a child. Yeah you got a lot to be proud of. And through all that Whitley still kicked that tail for you!!!!! My wife who knows nothing about football and is only there to watch her son stand on the sidelines even said it was crazy, now that is BAD!!!
Oldtiger Wrote:Congratulations Whitley,

It was a very Physical game by both teams Clay definitely wasn't pushed around like predicted. The difference was Whitley's passing game, they connected on some huge pass plays. Clay must have turned to ball over 4 or 5 times, which in my opinion was the difference. The tigers had some young guys step up tonight and play great filling the role of two senior leaders who were suspended. (No Excuses) I'm Proud of Coach E for making a tough decision earlier in the week and the Tigers for hanging close throughout the game.

Good luck Whitley the rest of the season.

Did Whitley open the offensive playbook a little tonight? How many passing yards did they have? I have always thought they could really turn their offense around with the development of their passing game. People have to load the box to stop Whitley from running. If they can connect with their passing game, look out!!!
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Looks like Whitley Co will be in the Mtn Top 10 come Monday. Wink

Maybe, but this is far from what I was expecting to happen in this game. On paper Whitley should have dominated a Clay County who is the epiome of a middle of the pack 4A team.

A letdown certainly can be expected from the near miss last week, but entering this game I fully expected the same team who took Bell to the wire to win going away.
The zebras in this game had to be the worst I have seen. I saw at least 5 times behind the play a Clay County player have a Whitley player by the fase mask and throw them down. One zebra got on to one of the coaches for saying s*** and then turned around and told a player (16 year old ) "shut the f*** up and play ball". Classless bunch of guys, should not be aloud to ever call another game. Sure would like to know who they were so they can be reported. Hate to go to a game and the refs are the main focus. I believe they even threw out a camera woman from the side lines. Glad the coaching staff kept their heads about them and their players to pull out a win.
Sounds like your wife is not the only one who knows nothing about football. Clay had several turnovers while whitley recovered their own fumbles. Clay also missed an opportunity before the half. Those were the difference in the game. clay punted once the whole game ( I think). I am sure Sam Carr rushed for over 200 yards, as Clay had no trouble moving the ball all night.

Whitley moved the ball well also. The passing was surprising based on their numbers so far this year. #24 is very nice player, especially for FR. He was the reason for most of Whitley's success.

It is funny that you would complain about those refs as they are the very ones that cost Clay last years game at Whitley. I am sure you are able to watch all the holding calls from your seats in the stands.

you are A big man for calling out a high school kid on a public forum. I call jealousy.

Hope the Bryant Kidd is not injured to seriously.
Well, just got home and looks like the board is already rocking.

A couple of thoughts....

First off, let it be known this game was won with a hurt Boston Bryant.
Whitley had 383 total yards of offense, with a 165 of them coming from the pass. Ysidro looked like a different QB tonight, albeit, 60 of them came from a HB pass from our frosh.

Ive never complained about refs and im not going to start now. You know when you go to Clay County, your already down 14 when you step off the bus. IMO, we still did not play very well and the fact that we put up 35 and won the game shows our potential.
Im not going to rag on any of the Clay kids, yes there were several late hits and ignorant red neck fans, but you get that everywhere. Hyde has definitely got the strength, but lacks the conditioning IMO, to compete at a very high level, but not to worry, that can be changed, he still has a lot of potential.

I like to get under the skin of every opponent before we play, and its just routine, my tone changes after the game, win or lose.

I was impressed with the Clay backs, and that first TD by Clay was a good run.
I was very happy to see us score on the first possesion, and first play i believe.

HOWEVER, (and i think Clay fans will agree) our Frosh Running Back may be one of the best to ever come out of the mountains once his time is done. Im not sure ive seen a freshmen at Whitley have this much impact. The kid is good, and with a little more size, could be dominant. Im so glad it frees up Bryant to worry about the defensive side of the ball more, but when we need him, we still call on him. Mills(the frosh) threw a halfback pass for around 60, ran for a TD, and received a TD.

Overall, good game, and its time to move on to Lynn Camp, and the last game ever (hopefully) with them. I expect a lot of playing time for our JV and Frosh and games like this help keep players rested when you play a schedule like Whitleys. If Clay can continue to improve, i dont find it impossible that they could knock off a Rock or Knox, and with the way Russell County has been playing, maybe Clay can find some holes in that district.

Very impressed with our team, taught us a lot and shows we cant lose control and get penalized for 115 yards. We could of had 2 or 3 more scores and 500 yards if we can maintain our composure. Good luck Clay, and lets continue to improve Whitley.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Maybe, but this is far from what I was expecting to happen in this game. On paper Whitley should have dominated a Clay County who is the epiome of a middle of the pack 4A team.

A letdown certainly can be expected from the near miss last week, but entering this game I fully expected the same team who took Bell to the wire to win going away.

Its not unbelievable considering the officials with a 115 penalty yards and the fact that Boston Bryant was hurt....
Congrats Whitley....no doubt you have our attention!
RIUTG

since you are making excuses to defend your stupid prediction. Clay played without their two senior outside linebackers. one of them being the leading tackler on the team. It would have made a difference.

#24 is good. #8 for Clay is soph and I think he is one of the best in mtns.

It's funny that you pretend to be classy but you are not.

Like I said, same refs that cost Clay the game last year. They are bad. Hilarious that you're complaining now.

As far as Whitley goes, their defense is not near as good as I thought it would be. Carr had runs of 70 and 58 yards before Bryant was injured.
If we can continue to pass well when teams load up the box, its going to open up our running game even more.

We have 5 or 6 guys we can use out of the backfield and 2 or 3 of them can also be spread out as well.
UKSDG Wrote:RIUTG

since you are making excuses to defend your stupid prediction. Clay played without their two senior outside linebackers. one of them being the leading tackler on the team. It would have made a difference.

#24 is good. #8 for Clay is soph and I think he is one of the best in mtns.

It's funny that you pretend to be classy but you are not.

Like I said, same refs that cost Clay the game last year. They are bad. Hilarious that you're complaining now.

As far as Whitley goes, their defense is not near as good as I thought it would be. Carr had runs of 70 and 58 yards before Bryant was injured.

I tried, even gave props to Clay for there performance, but i believe class was shown very well tonight by the Clay faithful, which is exactly what i expected from the town and the reason i hate going there. I could have blown up like a couple of other Whitley fans did on here but i wont. It wouldnt make a difference anyways. A win is a win, and Whitley is a better team. Bryant's injury stemmed from practice and it just went overboard with it tonight.
Ill refrain from making more comments at you as i can tell your deeply upset that i was right. If played at Whitley this game could have been a blowout.
bear claw Wrote:Congrats Whitley....no doubt you have our attention!

Looking forward to it!

IMO though, were going to have to get better to beat HC. I think were good enough to compete now, but we still have some questions to answer.
Not upset about the loss, I just think you are full of it. Clay beat themselves tonight. It happens.
I am a huge HC fan but I am smart enough to know that we will have our hands full in the district play....I have respect for all district teams but Whitley seems to me to top it off. I really wish our new field would be ready for that WC game.
^
I hope its done by then as well bearclaw.

Id love to see a game that means something be the first game played on it.
I agree....the Whitley game is much more important than the Bell game....but I just don't think they will have it done by then.
^
From the pics, it looks like the field is pretty much done, along with the bleachers, hopefully they wont hold out just for concessions or something.
Have they got the lights up yet?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I tried, even gave props to Clay for there performance, but i believe class was shown very well tonight by the Clay faithful, which is exactly what i expected from the town and the reason i hate going there. I could have blown up like a couple of other Whitley fans did on here but i wont. It wouldnt make a difference anyways. A win is a win, and Whitley is a better team. Bryant's injury stemmed from practice and it just went overboard with it tonight.
Ill refrain from making more comments at you as i can tell your deeply upset that i was right. If played at Whitley this game could have been a blowout.
All I can say is that you RIUTG made all these bold statements about what WC was going to do to Clay an the only one you got right was that WC won an it was by no means a blowout, where was the 300+yards rushing you was bragging about??? You where told that clay was a much better team than you was giving them credit for, if not for some mistakes on Clays part you wouldn't have even gotten the win right.... Just remember when you start over looking a team that's when they reach out an bit you in A$$.the moral of this is don't ever underestimate some one or you could get beat!!
panther nation Wrote:All I can say is that you RIUTG made all these bold statements about what WC was going to do to Clay an the only one you got right was that WC won an it was by no means a blowout, where was the 300+yards rushing you was bragging about??? You where told that clay was a much better team than you was giving them credit for, if not for some mistakes on Clays part you wouldn't have even gotten the win right.... Just remember when you start over looking a team that's when they reach out an bit you in A$$.the moral of this is don't ever underestimate some one or you could get beat!!

Simmer down knoxy.

Nothing bit me in the ass. We won the game and it was never in doubt. We would of had well over 300 rushing yards if it wasnt for the 165 passing yards, which ill take every day of the week. 400 yards of total offense was pretty dominate IMO. That was with Bryant not running the ball much. Rest week for us.

Im going to overlook Lynn Camp next week as well, should i be worried? Confusednicker:
With the poor ole campers coming up you have nothing to worry about there but just remember a rough task lays ahead for WC, Bur still you didn't have the yards rushing that you said you would, I'm just wondering if your ever going to give clay the credit that you should have, they played WC better than you an all the WC fans thought. Just wanting to know if you don't think so yourself or cant you admitt that???
^
I remember stating that i thought we should have atleast 300 yards rushing. We ended up with like 220, and thats with Bryant hardly touching the football.
Id say i was pretty close on that one....
It's not my fauly Clay had to put 11 guys in the box just to slow our running game down, and our 165 passing yards showed that doesnt work...
Good win for Whitley Co against the Tigers.
panther nation Wrote:All I can say is that you RIUTG made all these bold statements about what WC was going to do to Clay an the only one you got right was that WC won an it was by no means a blowout, where was the 300+yards rushing you was bragging about??? You where told that clay was a much better team than you was giving them credit for, if not for some mistakes on Clays part you wouldn't have even gotten the win right.... Just remember when you start over looking a team that's when they reach out an bit you in A$$.the moral of this is don't ever underestimate some one or you could get beat!!

Whitley is a good team, and obviously they are better than Clay. I do not think they will blow out anybody on their schedule other than Lynn Camp. They are the type of team that win by defense and remember defense can cause turnovers. I will say Run it Up the Gut made some bold predictions, but we are all fans on this sight. We are not professionsional analyst. Whitley won the game, at least he got that part right. I guess that is all that matters.
Congratulations, Whitley County!
Sounds like Clay gave a huge effort, congratulations to them for that.

Also, congratulations to Whitley Co on the win. I actually thought the margin would be 2-3 touchdowns.

I'm looking forward to the matchup between Harlan and Whitley. I think it will come down to those two for district. I don't want to jynx anything, but I believe the stadium can be ready for this game. It would be amazing!!

Also, RIUTG..get Boss ready. I don't want to hear ANY excuses!!
Congrats Colonels!
Pages: 1 2