Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: WYMT Sports Overtime Mountain Top Ten
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
1. Bell County (30)
2. Belfry (26)
3. Harlan County (25)
4. Breathitt County (21)
5. Williamsburg (18)
6. Somerset (14)
7. Knox Central (13)
8. Hazard (8)
9. Johnson Central (7)
10. Clay Co. (3)

A few changes.
Whitley goes to log mountain and loses by a late 4th qtr TD by 7 and isnt even in the top10.

BUT, i know its all about the win loss record, and i expect to see them back in after a thrashing of the number 10 team.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Whitley goes to log mountain and loses by a late 4th qtr TD by 7 and isnt even in the top10.

BUT, i know its all about the win loss record, and i expect to see them back in after a thrashing of the number 10 team.

I agree. Whitley Co not in the Top 10 is crazy. Best thing RIUTG you guys are flying under the radar. Wink
Whitley Should be in here somewhere.
Somerset should be at 5 with that win over hazard.
Somerset should be above Williamsburg.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Somerset should be above Williamsburg.

Yeah, but Williamsburg beat Jellico.:HitWall:
I like it!
Whitley Co should be in there they will be in there very soon though.
I think Whitley was in the top 10 to begin the season. They played a very good game against Bell, but it was still a loss. I've never seen a team rise in the ratings after a loss. Plus, the only team in the top 10 to lose last week was (then) #5 Hazard, and they lost to (then) #8 Somerset. Therefore, no one deserved to drop, so who would Whitley have replaced?
Williamsburg will continue to climb, they will (or at least should) be undefeated an end of regular season. Weak schedule and a Williamsburg team on an up tick this year will move them right up the standings all year.
FWIW I think Somerset would beat Williamsburg by at least 20
Ranked or not Whitley County is a very good football team and getiing better each week.
kyrj Wrote:Ranked or not Whitley County is a very good football team and getiing better each week.
I really like their team. When you have two guys like Bryant and Ysidro, you're going to be dangerous.
I think they should be ranked also...I would drop out Clay Co...not sold on Clay County yet.
Jumper Dad Wrote:FWIW I think Somerset would beat Williamsburg by at least 20

Unless Williamsburg breaks out the middle school defense :devilflam
Looks like Whitley Co will be in it next week after beating #10 Clay Co on the road tonight.
High school FAN Get over it. RUN IT UP THE GUT OR GEORGE I HAVE NEVER KNOCKED WHITLEY CO IN ANY WAY FOR ANY REASON, I WILL NOT SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT A 5 A SCHOOL PLAYING A LYNN CAMP EACH YEAR. AND I WILL NOT LIKE ANY ONE'S POST THAT DOES. YOU KNOW LAST NIGHT I SAW COLONELS AND WILDCATS EVEN RED HOUNDS AND YELLOW JACKETS IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW THE KIDS YOU WOULDN'T KNOW WHO WENT WHERE, THEY HAVE NO PROBLEMS, WHY SHOULD YOU? EVERY TIME I START READING YOUR P[OST YOU DO VERY WELL AND I GET TO THINKING YOU ARE A WELL VERSED ADVOCATE. THEN YOU DO SOMETHING STUPID AND OUT COMES THAT FILTHY WC AND WB DIVISION THAT YOU CAN'T SEEM TO GET BEHIND YOU. JUST BEHAVE LIKE OUR CHILDREN AND YOU WILL BE FINE. GO COLONELS RED HOUNDS YELLOW JACKETS
Knox Central should definetly be in the top 5.
1. Bell County
2. Belfry
3. Harlan County
4. Breathitt County
5. Knox Central
6. Somerset
7. Whitley County
8. Johnson Central
9. Williamsburg
10. Hazard
^ Looks pretty solid but 9 and 10 are both questionable right now? Hazard has played the much touger schedule and only 3 games under the belt to Williamsburgs 5 games. Williamsburg got there 1st challenge this week against a TN school. Williamsburgs next challenge is at season end against another TN school but if i was the Burg Id rest my starters for playoff time.
How do you base the Mountain top ten... there is a team in there that is not even over 500...so it could not be based upon win/lose record or is it?

Is it based upon quality of wins?

Or is this just opinion... thanks in advance for the in-put!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:1. Bell County
2. Belfry
3. Harlan County
4. Breathitt County
5. Knox Central
6. Somerset
7. Whitley County
8. Johnson Central
9. Williamsburg
10. Hazard

I like it. I think 7/8 are interchangeable as well as 9/10.
bac2369 Wrote:^ Looks pretty solid but 9 and 10 are both questionable right now? Hazard has played the much touger schedule and only 3 games under the belt to Williamsburgs 5 games. Williamsburg got there 1st challenge this week against a TN school. Williamsburgs next challenge is at season end against another TN school but if i was the Burg Id rest my starters for playoff time.

I thought Harlan Ind. was their first challenge, then I thought Leslie Co was their second challenge. I base this upon Leslie winning their district last year and this year should contend for it. Harlan has 19 seniors or something like that, according to other post.

I agree Onedia was the best team Williamsburg has seen, but that is what happens when you play a class higher and in the top 5. I was actually shocked to see Williamsburg keep it that close.

Everyone seems to be getting on the back of Williamsburg...why? I came into town last week for Old Fashion Days. Heard the local radio is trying to cash in on them, at least they got the right idea.

Go Jackets, Colonels, Redhounds...represent the area well!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I like it. I think 7/8 are interchangeable as well as 9/10.

I agree as well.
Bac2369 is right as well.

IMO, youve got 1-4 that are in there own class then 5-8 that are in the second tier as of right now, and then 9 and 10 could change anytime with 2 or 3 who are not in, and then theres just everyone else.
^
Good post.
I think everyone kind og gets after Wburg because of how highly their ranked in the mountain top 10, when i believe everyone would agree most of the teams in the top 10 would beat them, and usually beat them on a regular basis. However, the fact that Wburg was able to go down there and have a chance to win until the very end shows just how good they are IMHO, im not sure theres a 1A team in KY that could beat Oneida, so thats really saying something for Wburg.
that seems like good mountain top 10 but i dont understand,y is it tht pike central won 4 in a roll and never did get in,even though they lost friday and belfry got beat by henry clay and move up to number 2?i know henry clay is a 6a school but belfry beat em last year and nobody said anything about it.
tvtimeout Wrote:I thought Harlan Ind. was their first challenge, then I thought Leslie Co was their second challenge. I base this upon Leslie winning their district last year and this year should contend for it. Harlan has 19 seniors or something like that, according to other post.
I agree Onedia was the best team Williamsburg has seen, but that is what happens when you play a class higher and in the top 5. I was actually shocked to see Williamsburg keep it that close.

Everyone seems to be getting on the back of Williamsburg...why? I came into town last week for Old Fashion Days. Heard the local radio is trying to cash in on them, at least they got the right idea.

Go Jackets, Colonels, Redhounds...represent the area well!

Harlan Ind. has 13 SR's.
I"ll take Harlan Co. over Belfry.

Bell Co. loads and re-loads every year huh?
Remember....you have to consider strength of schedule and amount of talent when you pick the mountain top. Since this is a ranking including all classes you have to look a little deeper than just wins and loses !! 3 weeks in we have a good look at all the talent and the top 10 is correct, But if there is one school I could see moving up it would be Whitley Co.... they are loaded with talent and have a hard schedule, Head to Head they could beat any of the teams in the top ten. Bell, Belfry, Harlan co are clear favorites but 4-7 are close seconds !!!! GREAT YEAR FOR MOUNTAIN FOOTBALL !!!!
Pages: 1 2