Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: WYMT Sports Overtime Mountain Top Ten 9/3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Mountain Football Top Ten brought to you by Alice Lloyd College:

Team (Total Points)
1. Bell County (30)
2. Harlan County (27)
3. Belfry (23)
4. Breathitt County (22)
5. Hazard (17)
6. Williamsburg (16)
7. Knox Central (12)
8. Somerset (9)
9. Johnson Central (6)
10. Clay County (2)
I have no complaints with this.
I always wonder why you can put teams from all the different classes into one ranking. It is obvious that Somerset, Hazard or Willamsburg could not play with Johnson Central or Knox Central. I am not sure Breathitt could either. Johnson Central has proven they can beat Belfrey. Bell and Harlan are ok for now. After some of these teams play each other we can see how all this shakes out. Still, no way the 1A schools can play with the 4A or 5A schools.
JC has proven they can beat Belfry 3 times in 31 contests, the first two were two of Central's best years and the two down points for Belfry in the past 10 years (and we made it to state in one ... LOL!) and last year JC beat an injury riddled Belfry team, however it's a new season and Central lost one of the most prolific backs in state history. Belfry's only loss this season is to 6A Henry Clay. This list, as far as I know, doesn't go by who could beat who though.
MonsterMan Wrote:I always wonder why you can put teams from all the different classes into one ranking. It is obvious that Somerset, Hazard or Willamsburg could not play with Johnson Central or Knox Central. I am not sure Breathitt could either. Johnson Central has proven they can beat Belfrey. Bell and Harlan are ok for now. After some of these teams play each other we can see how all this shakes out. Still, no way the 1A schools can play with the 4A or 5A schools.

im pretty sure williamsburg gave knox central all they wanted earlier this year
monsterman^^ you don't know much about high school football do you':?
MonsterMan Wrote:I always wonder why you can put teams from all the different classes into one ranking. It is obvious that Somerset, Hazard or Willamsburg could not play with Johnson Central or Knox Central. I am not sure Breathitt could either. Johnson Central has proven they can beat Belfrey. Bell and Harlan are ok for now. After some of these teams play each other we can see how all this shakes out. Still, no way the 1A schools can play with the 4A or 5A schools.

I think this list gives you a little bit of everything around here.
It's a hard thing to put this list together...
but look at it like this.

These 10 teams are probably going to be the last 10 teams playing in Eastern Kentucky.
These rankings mean absolutely nothing lol. All they do is start pointless drama. I mean yeah it's good bragging rights, but as far as it affecting a team, it does nothing haha.
McCameraMan Wrote:These rankings mean absolutely nothing lol. All they do is start pointless drama. I mean yeah it's good bragging rights, but as far as it affecting a team, it does nothing haha.

Rankings never mean anything!! The only time it does is when it comes to #1 and #2 in the BCS system. Other than that, it stirs up great conversation!

i think what your are meaning to say is 1A schools shouldn't be able to play with 4 and 5 A schools. Truth is, it is all based on talent and only 11 players can be on the field at one time. If everyone that is dressed could be on the field then yes, there is no possible way for a 1a school to compete. It is no different than basketball who has no state championship by class, yet you see 5 players battle it out and and the better team wins. I have seen many talented 1A teams this year like Williamsburg who has talent like sizemore, patrick, husky, griffith and shelton that can play with any team put on the field. Hazard is another example with olinger, whitaker, jones and johnson that can also play a heck of a game with any other team.
rock19701 Wrote:Rankings never mean anything!! The only time it does is when it comes to #1 and #2 in the BCS system. Other than that, it stirs up great conversation!

Pretty soon 1-4

Thank GOD!

Somerset Hazard Williamsburg would beat JC and could beat KC. Somerset may be the best team in the top 10.
:lmao:
the A team Wrote:im pretty sure williamsburg gave knox central all they wanted earlier this year

:lmao: You have to be kidding me. The Sizemore Kid threw it 11 times and KNOX picked it off 5 or 6 times. You think because KNOX doesn't run more of thier offense at a panarama game that you could line up for 4 qtrs. with KNOX or Johnson Central. They are not Jelico or Harlan Ind. you have a great 1 A team don't get carried away and think you are better than you are. The last time Knox played Williamsburg it wasn't pretty for WHS. So please be proud of your team but lets not get stupid.:hilarious:
:lmao:
footballfever Wrote:Somerset Hazard Williamsburg would beat JC and could beat KC. Somerset may be the best team in the top 10.

:lmao::hilarious::lmao:
highschoolfan Wrote::lmao:

:lmao: You have to be kidding me. The Sizemore Kid threw it 11 times and KNOX picked it off 5 or 6 times. You think because KNOX doesn't run more of thier offense at a panarama game that you could line up for 4 qtrs. with KNOX or Johnson Central. They are not Jelico or Harlan Ind. you have a great 1 A team don't get carried away and think you are better than you are. The last time Knox played Williamsburg it wasn't pretty for WHS. So please be proud of your team but lets not get stupid.:hilarious:

funny thing is he threw 5 ints and Knox could only capitalize with 8pts on 5 ints :thatsfunn even if they didn't use their whole playbook 8 pts off 5 ints before both teams pulled the starters. now thats something to laugh at lol.

BTW doesn't knox have gods gift to football this year and against poor little williamsburg he couldn't get 50 rushing yards.
I believe Knox Central is 2 TD's better than Williamsburg. Willamsburg is a very good class A team, but not on the level of a Bell, Harlan co., Belfry, Breathitt, Johnson Central, or Knox Central.
the A team Wrote:funny thing is he threw 5 ints and Knox could only capitalize with 8pts on 5 ints :thatsfunn even if they didn't use their whole playbook 8 pts off 5 ints before both teams pulled the starters. now thats something to laugh at lol.

BTW doesn't knox have gods gift to football this year and against poor little williamsburg he couldn't get 50 rushing yards.

whoops my bad the the greatest QB to ever play the game only threw 5 INTS. And if you are referring to Canady if you will notice he only ran it roughly 5 times. But you must already know this because you put so much into a panorama game. LOL I believe the score was 16 to 0 when KC pulled everybody.:Thumbs:
Highschoolfan,
Problem is we are all going to have to listen to A Team just about the entire season because they play probably the weakest schedules in the state. Don't get me wrong, They do have a decent team but for the teams they play they should be beating everyone +50 points. pretty good list but I would move Williamsburg down 2-3 spots.
wow even though it is a panorama game 5 ints and only 16pts when a 4a team plays a 1a team is still pretty bad.
Rollitover Wrote:Highschoolfan,
Problem is we are all going to have to listen to A Team just about the entire season because they play probably the weakest schedules in the state. Don't get me wrong, They do have a decent team but for the teams they play they should be beating everyone +50 points. pretty good list but I would move Williamsburg down 2-3 spots.

:rockon: Agreed
highschoolfan Wrote::lmao:

yeah coach herron told sizemore not to run (and I don't blame the coach why get an early season injury to your qb in a scrimmage), so if you are running the spread and told not to advance the ball by running it sort of ties your hands. Sizemore ran the ball 1 time for about 12 yards, in a real game he would have had a lot of rushing yardage less int's. so we know why williamsburg counldn't advance the ball passing ( plus knox has great d-backs) now tell us why Knox couldn't rush the ball on williamsburg, how many rushes for canada, he had a lot of touches and little yardage. The year before at the panorama it was pretty even Knox scoring with their 3rd team to tie the game on the last play of the game, again Knox could not run the ball on Williamsburg. 2000 williamsburg won 6-36, 2006 Knox won 26-25,2009 knox won 48-46, 2010 knox won 47-12, so what make you think it would not be a very competitive game. I would worry more about beating russell county and winning a district than beating williamsburg.
IFim not mistaken didnt LCA allmost beat knox.an LCA just beat harlan ind.1A
in the last several second to come behind to beat them.I personal believe harlan ind.hazard,williamsburg and somerset.could beat knox or johnson central any giving night.so suck on your 4A bottle an win your district first an then brag.WE ARE 1A FOOTBALL an we do win in the past an presentan future
cherokee Wrote:yeah coach herron told sizemore not to run (and I don't blame the coach why get an early season injury to your qb in a scrimmage), so if you are running the spread and told not to advance the ball by running it sort of ties your hands. Sizemore ran the ball 1 time for about 12 yards, in a real game he would have had a lot of rushing yardage less int's. so we know why williamsburg counldn't advance the ball passing ( plus knox has great d-backs) now tell us why Knox couldn't rush the ball on williamsburg, how many rushes for canada, he had a lot of touches and little yardage. The year before at the panorama it was pretty even Knox scoring with their 3rd team to tie the game on the last play of the game, again Knox could not run the ball on Williamsburg. 2000 williamsburg won 6-36, 2006 Knox won 26-25,2009 knox won 48-46, 2010 knox won 47-12, so what make you think it would not be a very competitive game. I would worry more about beating russell county and winning a district than beating williamsburg.
Trust me when I say we don't worry about what Williamsburg does and we are thinking about Russell, we are sure not worrying about playing teams like Jelico and thinking we are the greatest team in SE Ky. Once again if you think Williamsburg can play 4 qtrs with KNOX, Johnson Central, Bell or Harlan County not Harlan Ind. Get Heron to call and set up a real game next year then we will have to prove you wrong. Mr. 1A.:insane:

P.S.Yeah we tell our QB don't run it throw an INT. LMAO
footballfever Wrote:Somerset Hazard Williamsburg would beat JC and could beat KC. Somerset may be the best team in the top 10.

Top 10 as in Mtn Top 10? I hope you're kidding about being ahead of HC and Bell Co.
highschoolfan Wrote:whoops my bad the the greatest QB to ever play the game only threw 5 INTS. And if you are referring to Canady if you will notice he only ran it roughly 5 times. But you must already know this because you put so much into a panorama game. LOL I believe the score was 16 to 0 when KC pulled everybody.:Thumbs:

KC has 2 two teams in sixty years that are just above average that makes a kc fan a expert give ne a break
64SUR Wrote:IFim not mistaken didnt LCA allmost beat knox.an LCA just beat harlan ind.1A
in the last several second to come behind to beat them.I personal believe harlan ind.hazard,williamsburg and somerset.could beat knox or johnson central any giving night.so suck on your 4A bottle an win your district first an then brag.WE ARE 1A FOOTBALL an we do win in the past an presentan future

STOP SMOKING the WACKY WEED. KNOX has never played LCA. :lmao:
64SUR Wrote:IFim not mistaken didnt LCA allmost beat knox.an LCA just beat harlan ind.1A

whoops i meant the mighty karns tenn team knox play cupcake team not LCA :Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead
People go crazy over rankings while doing exactly what rankings are intended to do, bring up conversation.
Trust me when i say there are more people who like it then dont from this area, and its by a large margin. Most importantly, they've always meant something to the kids.

Oh, and btw, Clay County? smh....
How far does Whitley jump and the impossible happens and they beat Bell on log mountain? Id have to say number one since Bell, as we have all heard several times hasnt lost to a mountain team since like 06. Confusednicker:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:People go crazy over rankings while doing exactly what rankings are intended to do, bring up conversation.
Trust me when i say there are more people who like it then dont from this area, and its by a large margin. Most importantly, they've always meant something to the kids.

Oh, and btw, Clay County? smh....

So I want to know, who would you put at #10? Everyone always makes the argument for why certain teams shouldn't be in the Top Ten, but no one ever says who should replace them!
Pages: 1 2