Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: WYMT Sports Overtime Mountain Top Ten 9/3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
rock19701 Wrote:So I want to know, who would you put at #10? Everyone always makes the argument for why certain teams shouldn't be in the Top Ten, but no one ever says who should replace them!

Thats very true.
Clay County has surprised some people this year thus far, but, PCC is way down. They will be lucky to win 5 games this year if that. They lost to a decent Garrard County team, and killed a bad Washington County team.

My smh comment wasnt the fact that they dont belong, but rather that the mountains are so weak this year that we cant put together 10 really strong teams. After looking over the list of teams, i see your point, im not sure anyone else has an argument over them at this point, as every team out of the top 10 has losses and most to really bad teams.
MonsterMan Wrote:I always wonder why you can put teams from all the different classes into one ranking. It is obvious that Somerset, Hazard or Willamsburg could not play with Johnson Central or Knox Central. I am not sure Breathitt could either. Johnson Central has proven they can beat Belfrey. Bell and Harlan are ok for now. After some of these teams play each other we can see how all this shakes out. Still, no way the 1A schools can play with the 4A or 5A schools.
What happened the last time Somerset and Knox played @ Knox? Somerset can easily play with Knox year in and year out including this year. Knox has only won 5 playoff games since 2000, win some games in November before you start bashing others and beating your chest...
rock19701 Wrote:Rankings never mean anything!! The only time it does is when it comes to #1 and #2 in the BCS system. Other than that, it stirs up great conversation!

I mean for High school, not college. Yeah it is nice to get your school's name out there and have the bragging rights, but as far as it affecting your season it means nothing. It's not like it affects your playoff seed or anything lol
64SUR Wrote:whoops i meant the mighty karns tenn team knox play cupcake team not LCA :Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead
Knoxville TN teams would ABSOLUTELY roll the best teams in the mountains. Look what happened to Bell against Alcoa a few years ago, and at that time Bell was in a bigger class than Alcoa. Knox Central is a solid team, Karns made the playoffs in either 5 or 6A in TN last year they're no slouch.
^
There are some good teams around Knoxville, like Alcoa as you said, but there are some horrible teams there as well.
Corbin should have beat Karns last year. It was a 1 point game. Karns is one of the better ones. Its just like any big city, your going to have some powerhouses and then youll have some that get throttled every week.
PioneerBlue Wrote:Knoxville TN teams would ABSOLUTELY roll the best teams in the mountains. Look what happened to Bell against Alcoa a few years ago, and at that time Bell was in a bigger class than Alcoa. Knox Central is a solid team, Karns made the playoffs in either 5 or 6A in TN last year they're no slouch.

The past few years Bell Co has played the following teams from Tennessee.

Clinton (outside of Knoxville) 35-0 W
Knoxville Central (Knoxville) 15-30 L
Volunteer (outside of Kingsport) 49-21 W
Volunteer (outside of Kingsport) 52-7 W
Alcoa (outside of Knoxville) 14-42 L
Soddy Daisy (outside of Chattanooga) 49-6 W
Soddy Daisy (outside of Chattanooga) 41-20
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:The past few years Bell Co has played the following teams from Tennessee.

Clinton (outside of Knoxville) 35-0 W
Knoxville Central (Knoxville) 15-30 L
Volunteer (outside of Kingsport) 49-21 W
Volunteer (outside of Kingsport) 52-7 W
Alcoa (outside of Knoxville) 14-42 L
Soddy Daisy (outside of Chattanooga) 49-6 W
Soddy Daisy (outside of Chattanooga) 41-20

Congrats
If I may offer a slightly different top 10 please....

1) Bell County
2) Harlan County
3) Breathitt County
4) Belfry
5) Knox Central
6) Somerset
7) Whitley County
8) Johnson Central
9) Williamsburg
10) Hazard

probably not perfect but definitely better....IMHO
^
That looks like a good list.

From what wever heard and seen i believe your first four are in there own class followed by the next four, then there Hazard and Wburg, then theres everyone else.
Bear_Paw Wrote:If I may offer a slightly different top 10 please....

1) Bell County
2) Harlan County
3) Breathitt County
4) Belfry
5) Knox Central
6) Somerset
7) Whitley County
8) Johnson Central
9) Williamsburg
10) Hazard

probably not perfect but definitely better....IMHO

1) Harlan County
2) Bell County
3) Breathitt County
4) Whitley County
5) Belfry
6) K N O X Central
7) Somerset
8) Johnsonville
9) Williamsburg
10) Hazard

Word to ya mothers.....lol
^
lol, maybe Whitley will beat Harlan County and then Harlan County beats Bell, and we can just have a 3 way tie for first....
Pages: 1 2