Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville @ Jenkins 9/7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thoughts?
If the Tigers can't catch a pass, I've got the Cavs to win.:HitWall:
Paintsville 21

Jenkins 20
I really want Paintsville to win,but I have to go with my district bro' Jenkins. Cav's 35-28.
If Paintsville defense plays like they did against Paris then they win. If not could get ugly. Jenkins has put some points up this year and the tigers have struggled in that department. With that said I'll take the tigers in the first and possibly only win.
Jenkins by 6.
Jenkins has some athleticism(#15, #5, and I think #3 are very athletic)this year and can definitely score the ball. Does Paintsville have any running backs comparable to Weston Little from South Floyd? The reason I ask this is because Jenkins could not do anything to slow him down last week. Weston only played the first half and he probably averaged around 40 yards or more a carry.

I want to say Jenkins wins this game in a shootout but I am not sure yet. If Paintsville has a strong good run game it will probably come down to the last possession.
Jenkins wins by 14.
Jenkins
Jenkins by 10
I think Paintsville gets their first win of the year. If they lose this game it will be considered the worst loss in school history.

PHS-20
Jenkins-15
TigerBlues Wrote:If the Tigers can't catch a pass, I've got the Cavs to win.:HitWall:
TB, from what I hear it's been a two way street with the passing game. I've heard the WR's have a lot of drops but I've also hear the QB isn't very accurate either. I believe you guys need to take a page out of the Matney playbook and run run run. Also, I do believe the Tigers win this one.

Paintsville 8
Jenkins 6
Jenkins by 20. lost to PHS by 3 i believe last year? And this is a totally new team.
They will have no answer for Jenkins QB running the ball, or any of their very skilled recievers.
Cavs go 3-1, Tigers stay winless.
JCHSEAGLE Wrote:TB, from what I hear it's been a two way street with the passing game. I've heard the WR's have a lot of drops but I've also hear the QB isn't very accurate either. I believe you guys need to take a page out of the Matney playbook and run run run. Also, I do believe the Tigers win this one.

Paintsville 8
Jenkins 6

Eagle you have a good point there, I've seen the first two games and if my mind is right we have dropped 6 td's in 2 games. I have seen him throw some bad passes in easy routes either float it over their heads or hit them in the chest. Also it seems the receivers cut the route of early.It will take them some time but they might get there I hope. I'm not making it to Jenkins, hopefully that will change their luck and win. Good luck to the Eagles
Jenkins by 2 TD's.
I do not know much about Pville, but Jenkins simply cannot tackle and has been relying on thier Qb & Wr's to make all the plays. The o-line fir Jenkins is terrible, SF used only 3 down linemen and the Jenkins 5 simply couldn't block them. So if Pville comes to Jenkins Hungry they could easily pull a win out.
Should be a fun one to watch. :popcorn:
JCHSEAGLE Wrote:TB, from what I hear it's been a two way street with the passing game. I've heard the WR's have a lot of drops but I've also hear the QB isn't very accurate either. I believe you guys need to take a page out of the Matney playbook and run run run. Also, I do believe the Tigers win this one.

Paintsville 8
Jenkins 6

This is exactly what should happen. The line this year has shown the ability to open holes and the outside run has shown alot of promise, they have two or three good backs, and a great running qb. The option attack it seems would be the way to go.
cavs by 7
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:This is exactly what should happen. The line this year has shown the ability to open holes and the outside run has shown alot of promise, they have two or three good backs, and a great running qb. The option attack it seems would be the way to go.

I was wondering why our qb didn't run much at Magoffin after the Paris game. New look I guess, but if we can't catch it it will be 10 in the box.
TigerBlues Wrote:Eagle you have a good point there, I've seen the first two games and if my mind is right we have dropped 6 td's in 2 games. I have seen him throw some bad passes in easy routes either float it over their heads or hit them in the chest. Also it seems the receivers cut the route of early.It will take them some time but they might get there I hope. I'm not making it to Jenkins, hopefully that will change their luck and win. Good luck to the Eagles
Too many coaches get "pass happy". They see it on Saturdays and Sundays and just think how cool that looks. That looks awesome 4 wide, motion to trips and all that fancy stuff. IN REALITY all that is nothing more then 3 and out.
These coaches go to these small schools and put in the MIGHTY SPREAD offense, they openly bash the DOUBLE TIGHT formation guys, YET they can't win a game. When your not very good, you better learn how to run the football and keep that clock running, keeping the other teams offense off the field. But that's not cool enough or don't look good enough. BOTTOM LINE is you have to be able to run the football to have even a chance. Nothing wrong with double tight, better then 3 and out every series...
F.N.L. Wrote:Too many coaches get "pass happy". They see it on Saturdays and Sundays and just think how cool that looks. That looks awesome 4 wide, motion to trips and all that fancy stuff. IN REALITY all that is nothing more then 3 and out.
These coaches go to these small schools and put in the MIGHTY SPREAD offense, they openly bash the DOUBLE TIGHT formation guys, YET they can't win a game. When your not very good, you better learn how to run the football and keep that clock running, keeping the other teams offense off the field. But that's not cool enough or don't look good enough. BOTTOM LINE is you have to be able to run the football to have even a chance. Nothing wrong with double tight, better then 3 and out every series...

Jenkins running back had a touchdown off a pass,and scored twice on run plays going for around 60-80 yards
Fullback runs it right up the gut and got around 50 something yards, against SF.
Paintsville starts 4 freshman. Jenkins, 8 seniors. Jenkins could give up 30 points, and still win. Pville won't be able to defend.
Jenkins wins 17-14
torQQue Wrote:Jenkins has some athleticism(#15, #5, and I think #3 are very athletic)this year and can definitely score the ball. Does Paintsville have any running backs comparable to Weston Little from South Floyd? The reason I ask this is because Jenkins could not do anything to slow him down last week. Weston only played the first half and he probably averaged around 40 yards or more a carry.

I want to say Jenkins wins this game in a shootout but I am not sure yet. If Paintsville has a strong good run game it will probably come down to the last possession.

Paintsville has no running backs worth putting in the same sentence has Weston Little. Jenkins will roll in this one by 4 touchdowns.
Paintsville gets in the win column this week.

Tigers 33
Cavs 28
TigerBlues Wrote:I was wondering why our qb didn't run much at Magoffin after the Paris game. New look I guess, but if we can't catch it it will be 10 in the box.

Not sure what game you attended. The Paintsville qb ran several times, which were designed runs. I don't know the stats but I would be willing to bet he was the Tigers leading rusher at Magoffin. In order to fix the problems you have to get rid of the problem. BRM :ChairHit:
Tigers
Jenkins gets to tear down their goal posts.......

Maybe first 4-0 start in 25+ years and win over Paintsville in the same game.
Paintsville 22
Jenkins 20
Ike Cooter Wrote:Not sure what game you attended. The Paintsville qb ran several times, which were designed runs. I don't know the stats but I would be willing to bet he was the Tigers leading rusher at Magoffin. In order to fix the problems you have to get rid of the problem. BRM :ChairHit:

I guarantee Kash Daniel (Paintsvile's QB) was their leading rusher against Magoffin but, still didn't have good stats.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Jenkins gets to tear down their goal posts.......

Maybe first 4-0 start in 25+ years and win over Paintsville in the same game.

You realize Jenkins was defeated last week, right?
Pages: 1 2