Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: How do you feel about your teams draft.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
With just 1 round down, Im happy with the panthers draft. Kuechly is a potential ROTY...but I have to say that I was a little disappointed that we passed on Coples.
Incomplete.
haha...You guys dont pick until saturday do you JRod?
3rd Round (Pick #95)
DB?
Bengals filled needs
Well, the Ravens traded out of the first just like they have before.
I think we'll go after Upshaw. It doesnt really bother me though as we pick up a 4th round pick plus we have to 2nd round picks.

I was surprised Weeden fell all the way to 22nd. The Brownies actually made a couple of good pick IMO. They get the best RB in the nation along with a very accurate QB who could possibly start next year.

Oh BTW, for you Bungles fans, unless you havent looked at the schedule, welcome to Baltimore for week one monday night football, and more importantly an ass whoopin of great proportions :biggrin:
Im not a fan, but I think Jacksonville made one of the best moves of the draft jumping ahead of St Louis to get Blackmon. Now they need a QB that doesnt shit his pants at the sight of a defensive player and they could have a great combo.
I am pleased with what Dallas did in round one.
Stardust Wrote:Bengals filled needs
We are loaded at CB. The just signed Terrance Newman the other day. I thought we should have got Melvin Ingram and then kept our 21st pick instead of trading it and then took the same player that the Pats did, Hightower. I do like the pick of Zeitler but I think we missed out on Ingram, Hightower or even Upshaw.
Was hoping the Bears would draft a DB or WR, but knew they were looking at a DE, was surprised to see they took an OLB. Not sure it was the right move.
Love the Wright pick!

Tonight, I hope we can get a DE,DT or CB.

Jenkins (North Alabama) or Jerel Worthy (Mich St)!
Packers took DE Nick Perry. This kid was a man at the Combine so hopefully he plays out.
My Browns had a great draft by getting Trent Richardson and Brandon Weeden.

The Steelers got a great steal by getting David DeCastro!!
^Richardson is the type of guy to build a franchise around. I almost want to root for the browns now.
Can anyone explain to me why the Bengals traded down last night? The NFL got rid of the rookie pay scale so there was no reason to drop down to get your guy at a cheaper price.
If they got their guy and picked up a few more picks in the process? Inst that the point?
There you go RIUTG, You got upshaw.
So the Bengals just took DT Devin Still from Penn St. Not a bad pick.
3 solid picks from the bengals. Nobody really jumping off the page, but you cant do that every year. With the stars they added last year and these solid picks...they are improving year after year now.
NothingTrivial Wrote:3 solid picks from the bengals. Nobody really jumping off the page, but you cant do that every year. With the stars they added last year and these solid picks...they are improving year after year now.
Yea I agree the picks are solid but they had a chance to get a couple of studs. Zeitler is a steal. He was good at Wisconsin. Kirkpatrick though we could have passed. I am pretty sure he makes the 8th CB on roster now. I was looking more at Melvin Ingram at DE or Dont'a Hightower or Courtney Upshaw at LB. Those are spots we need upgrading.
Sean Spence would be a good pick for you guys in the 3rd round.
NothingTrivial Wrote:There you go RIUTG, You got upshaw.

I figured we'd go that route.
Im glad he was still available.
Fits right in. I cannot believe the panthers passed Alshon Jeffrey. If we were gonna take a OL why did we pass on Adams, Glenn, Martin...Blows my mind.
2nd Round pick-Zach Brown (UNC)

It was an decent pick, IMO That I hope turns out to be great. I wasnt disappointing or happy with it. I thought there was a couple of LBs available that has potential to be better but Brown was the fastest OLB at the combine this year and was a 3 year starter at North Carolina so it might work out greatly. However, I really wanted Worthy who the Packers traded up and picked one spot before at 51. With Konz © from Wisconsin there, I was a little surprised that he wasnt taking by the Titans as center was a need going into the draft and him being one of the best in it.

3rd Round

We got that DT we needed. No, martin isnt the best pass rusher but he clogs the middle and is a trench master. I like that pick.

Tomorrow, I hope the Titans can get a Center,Cornbacker, and maybe another playmarker or two.
Love the first pick in Luck... But Colts have to understand that Luck isn't Peyton Manning. The Colts whole team was built around Manning and playing with the led.

1st Round (1st) Andrew Luck QB (Stanford) - LOVE IT - No brianer

2nd Round (34th) Coby Fleener TE (Stanford) - Like it - Had to replace Clark, what better way to replace Clark with someone Luck knows and loves.

3rd Round (64th) Dwayne Allen TE (Clemson)- HATE IT - After getting Luck and a TE the Colts should have drafted defense for the rest of the draft. If Colts want to win at-least 8 games for the next 2 or 3 years they have to play great Defense. I wanted to see Colts draft SS Brandon Taylor (LSU) with this pick.

3rd Round (92nd) T.Y. Hilton WR (Florida Int.) - HATE IT ^^^^^ I wanted to see Colts draft CB Jayron Hosley (V Tech) with this pick.

As of right now: IMO:

Grade B+
My hopes for the rest of the weekend

5th Round (136) - LB Ken Adams (LSU)

5th Round (170) - DT Chas Alecxih (Pitt)

6th Round (206) - CB Brandon Boykin (Georgia)

7th Round (208) - S Robert Blanton (Notre Dame)

7th Round (214) - DE Jake Bequette (Arkansas)

7th Round (253) - FB Todd Anderson (Michigan State)
The Bears got a steal when they got Alshon Jeffries that late.

I love their draft so far with McClellan and Hardin to go along with it.
EKFF, apparently your Colts know something about their Defense that the rest of us don't it seems...
ekff Wrote:My hopes for the rest of the weekend

5th Round (136) - LB Ken Adams (LSU)

5th Round (170) - DT Chas Alecxih (Pitt)

6th Round (206) - CB Brandon Boykin (Georgia)

7th Round (208) - S Robert Blanton (Notre Dame)

7th Round (214) - DE Jake Bequette (Arkansas)

7th Round (253) - FB Todd Anderson (Michigan State)

He was already taken in the 3rd round.
Pages: 1 2