Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: WYMT Boys All Mountain basketball teams
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Boys First Team
1. Matt Day
2. Jaysean Paige
3. Camron Justice
4. BJ Moore
5. Justin Johnson
Second Team
1. Zach Davis
2. Braxton Beverly
3. Shane Hall
4. David Kapinga
5. Taylor Gover
Third Team
1. Tony Messer
2. Tyler Brewer
3. Will Branham
4. Alex Hamilton
5. Jonathan Barger
Coach of the Year
12-13: Steve Wright
14: John Noble
15: Kevin Spurlock
Players of the Year
12-13: Taylor Gover
14: Matt Day
15: BJ Moore

Honorable Mention

Allen Central
Braxton Tackett
Barbourville
Tanner Broughton
Josh Hildebrand
Belfry
Gary Runyon
Nick Turner
Bell Co.
Ryan Cox
Tanner Lefevers
Kyle Lee
Betsy Layne
Dylan Meade
Andrew Roberts
Peyton Case
Breathitt Co.
Wes Noble
Buckhorn
Trevor Easterling
Ryan Couch
Scotty Blank
Trey Gay
Harlan Co.
Alex Sergent
Chad Massingil
Clay Co.
Zach McGeorge
Tyler McDaniel
Corbin
Hunter Grubb
Travis Smith
Cordia
Chris Hudson
East Ridge
Ray Kasongo
Johnny Miller
Estill Co.
Clay Case
Harlan
Dakota Morris
Isaiah Johnson
Hazard
Evan Whitaker
Josh Hollan
Jackson City
Joshua Hollan
Jackson Co.
Justin Fox
Jenkins
Casey Hall
Johnson Central
Braxton Blair
Knott Co. Central
Evan Hall
Simon Christon
Knox Central
Tobie Merida
Lawrence Co.
Hayden Kiser
AJ Cyrus
Lee Co.
Tyler Evans
Leslie Co.
Hobart Asher
Letcher Co. Central
Koree Stewart
Kendall Ballou
Logan Johnson
Lynn Camp
Chase Turner
Shawn Couch
Magoffin Co.
Cory Pitts
Colton Howes
Middlesboro
Cameron Rancher
North Laurel
Jake Allen
Marcus Carson
Paintsville
Trevor Tiller
Perry Co. Central
Dalton Cornett
Trevor Combs
Phelps
Tommy Stlitner
Dakota Smith
Piarist
Blake Dean
Pike Central
Owen Caudill
Pikeville
Ethan Rowe
Jake Hamilton
Pineville
John Simpson
Byron David Asher
Powell Co.
Zach Dennis
Matt Pelfrey
Prestonsburg
Jarredd Jarrell
Bryson Williams
Joseph Jamerson
Pulaski Co.
Kody Johnson
Red Bird
Erik Young
Rockcastle Co.
Ashton Arvin
Ben Allen
Shelby Valley
Cody Belter
Dalton Richardson
Sheldon Clark
Chase Kirk
Chase Parsley
Somerset
Cam Cheuvront
Ryan Dishman
Matt Gordon
South Floyd
Brandon Marson
South Laurel
Zac Baxter
Matthew Slavey
Jeff Hale
Southwestern
Justin Edwards
Whitley Co.
Michael Powers
Williamsburg
Dalton Sizemore
Wolfe Co.
Sawyer Denniston
Corey Conway

http://www.wymt.com/
The JC fans are not gonna like this.
Zach Davis was the best player in the 14th Region. Why dont you guys at WYMT just smack Zach in the face. I think his performance at the State Tournament and in the
14th Region showed you that.
WYMT didn't do anything but send out the questioner and tally votes.

The coaches voted on this.
Should of just let Derrick Forest vote on it himself. All the guys on there are good players though but I thought Zach was a first teamer. Cam is a better shooter but Zach carried the load for KCC.
Powers over Petrey from Whitley???
1 honorable mention from Pulaski Co and 3 from Somerset.......LOL. Since the coaches voted on this, it is easy to see why some teams are terrible......
Congradulations to Dalton Sizemore (soph) from Williamsburg for honorable mention, because of the teams like of size was called upon to play the 4 and 5 slot this year and did a real good job.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:The JC fans are not gonna like this.

JC fans can not be too upset, they went to Rupp in a rebuilding year. Most of the guys on the First Team did not get to Rupp.

I do not know why WYMT does these polls, no way to make everyone happy and who cares!

The Hazard area teams always have the advantage.
Really funny that J Johnson and Bj Moore were on the first team and neither have ever even won a game in the region tourney. With that being said Spurlock chokes again and gets knocked out by a very mediocre ER team in the first round and wins COY. Clearly Coach Mckenzie should have won COY for leading basically a group that was lead by all freshman and sophmores to Rupp. Shane Hall is being recruited by pretty much every major college program in America and lead his team in just about every stat possible that WON the 15th region and makes second team?? Actually pretty funny! #haters
warmachine Wrote:Should of just let Derrick Forest vote on it himself. All the guys on there are good players though but I thought Zach was a first teamer. Cam is a better shooter but Zach carried the load for KCC.

Cam was the star of the team if you look at his body of work over the entire season...
but Zach packed them through the playoffs

The playoffs definitely carries more weight IMO but I can see why he got the snub.
MonsterMan Wrote:JC fans can not be too upset, they went to Rupp in a rebuilding year. Most of the guys on the First Team did not get to Rupp.

I do not know why WYMT does these polls, no way to make everyone happy and who cares!

The Hazard area teams always have the advantage.

Day and Paige are the only ones from the Hazard area on the first team unless you count Justice....
but please tell me that Paige, Justice, or Day didn't deserve to be first team.
zaga_fan Wrote:Day and Paige are the only ones from the Hazard area on the first team unless you count Justice....
but please tell me that Paige, Justice, or Day didn't deserve to be first team.

I will tell you only Page is a first team lock. The other two could be second or third team. But again who cares.

Who on this list is a lock to be a D1 player. I see one and he is on the second team.
MonsterMan Wrote:I will tell you only Page is a first team lock. The other two could be second or third team. But again who cares.

Who on this list is a lock to be a D1 player. I see one and he is on the second team.

No one is a damn lock for anything. Have you seen Jaysean Paige play? Dude is pretty good. No slight to anyone, the dude can PLAY. Definitely D1 potential, we'll see bout Cam in a few years.
The only thing Paige can do is Dunk and that is it. Dont have a jumper, has no handles, and cant get open to save his life.

Matt Day is deserving of first team status.
Cameron Justice - Isnt better than Davis. Davis scores and battles against the Bigs inside while Justice runs around at the top of the 2-3 zone. Got to give credit where it is due. Zack Davis is the best player on Knotts team.

Braxton Beverly - Is better than Cameron Justice. I'd put Beverly on there before him.

The boys from Sheldon Clark have never won anything so how can you put them on there. I'll say this, BJ Moore can flat out shoot the rock and Johnson is a nice big man.

So all in all, here is my top 5. You are entitled to yours.

1. Matt Day
2. Zack Davis
3. Braxton Beverly
4. Got to be someone from Pulaski because they just done to good at Sweet 16. Dont know who they had.
5. BJ Combs - Ooops I forgot, he didnt play. LOL
The Real 5 - Point guard for Clay. Bald headed kid. He was tough.
hoops_town Wrote:1 honorable mention from Pulaski Co and 3 from Somerset.......LOL. Since the coaches voted on this, it is easy to see why some teams are terrible......

Where is Kody Johnson or Tyler Goins on this list??? This both deserve to be on here.
The_Rock Wrote:The only thing Paige can do is Dunk and that is it. Dont have a jumper, has no handles, and cant get open to save his life.

Matt Day is deserving of first team status.
Cameron Justice - Isnt better than Davis. Davis scores and battles against the Bigs inside while Justice runs around at the top of the 2-3 zone. Got to give credit where it is due. Zack Davis is the best player on Knotts team.

Braxton Beverly - Is better than Cameron Justice. I'd put Beverly on there before him.

The boys from Sheldon Clark have never won anything so how can you put them on there. I'll say this, BJ Moore can flat out shoot the rock and Johnson is a nice big man.

So all in all, here is my top 5. You are entitled to yours.

1. Matt Day
2. Zack Davis
3. Braxton Beverly
4. Got to be someone from Pulaski because they just done to good at Sweet 16. Dont know who they had.
5. BJ Combs - Ooops I forgot, he didnt play. LOL
The Real 5 - Point guard for Clay. Bald headed kid. He was tough.
Judging by your post, "success" determines where a kid should be voted. Matt Day and Buckhorn lost in the 14th Region finals. Braxton Beverly didn't even make it to the 14th Region tournament. Pulaski County lost in the first round of the 12th Region tournament.

The success of a basketball TEAM doesn't fully convey the talent of ONE individual player. There were a lot of extremely talented players in the Mountains whose teams, for whatever reason, didn't have the success many expected. ONE player cannot win a game.
Well I screwed up. I meant Pulaski Southwestern.

Judging by your posts, your probably a buddy or related to some of those guys you think are so good.
If we are going to call the 12th region (mountain teams), then Kapinga should be first team.
The_Rock Wrote:Well I screwed up. I meant Pulaski Southwestern.

Judging by your posts, your probably a buddy or related to some of those guys you think are so good.
I've watched a lot of these guys play, and I think you have to look at the season as a whole. Davis had a very good state tournament, but Justice was the player who kept Knott going all year. Yes, Sheldon Clark got upset in the region, but that was one loss. BJ Moore and Justin Johnson were two of the better players in Eastern Kentucky all season long. They had one bad game, and it just so happened to end their season.
How many boards a game did Justice average? Did he get more than Davis. Regular season doesnt mean a lot. Its how you finish is what matters the most. Zack finished a lot stronger than Cam did. Dont get me wrong, I think Cam is an outstanding player especially to be just a freshman. I do think BJ Moore is a possible 1st Teamer. Johnson is tough. I just thought Zack Davis should of been on there. I mean look at the kid as compared to other kids in the region. He looks like a genetic freak or something. He is a man among boys physically and to beat it all, he played real well with two bum knees. Won 3 awards at the state tournament. Yep I am a Zack Davis fan. Cant help it.
Why does it always come up that Jaysean Paige can't shoot?

I watched him play 7 or 8 times this past year and every time I watched he ALWAYS had a nice looking shot.
I think against Scott County he hit five 3s in a row at one point.

Can't really comment much on his ballhandling because since he was at the 3 Hatcher's offense didn't really allow him to dribble.
When something like this comes out....it confirms the obvious. Combining the 12 and 13th? Best player from Harlan doesn't get mentioned? Hildebrant not in top 15? The collective body that put this together is clueless...:please:
What I don't understand is.

If they are going to call it The WYMT Boys All Mountain Team.

Why don't the guys from WYMT pick them?
Why let the Coaches pick them? Just don't understand that.

If you are going to put your name on it. At least be the ones to pick it.
Congrats Chris Hudson for making Honorable Mention!
Cograts to all the players!!
Bear_Paw Wrote:When something like this comes out....it confirms the obvious. Combining the 12 and 13th? Best player from Harlan doesn't get mentioned? Hildebrant not in top 15? The collective body that put this together is clueless...:please:

Totally agree. Two kids from Harlan on honorable mention, and neither one being the best player on the team. This is crazy!!!
I agree, the kid from Harlan was one of the best players in the mountains.
To mountain: Kapinga isn't half the player Gover is so there is no way he should be first team over Gover. That's the craziest thing I've ever heard. Not to mention Gover dominated in both their games. If Gover was on SW this year they would of won the state. I look for PC to come out looking for blood next year. Their going to be really really good!!
Taylor Gover is one of the best juniors in the state. Should have been first team all mountains, easily.
Pages: 1 2