Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bourbon County Opening
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just seen where they are open.

What happened?
Bourbon Co told Coach Bordas that they wanted to "Go in a new direction" Seems to be a theme now in the 40th district. Two coaches released for the same reasons within a week in the same district.
A current head coach in Lexington will be the new coach at Bourbon County.
"A current head coach in Lexington will be the new coach at Bourbon County. "

You might be right, but i'm thinking he' 2 years away from making this move.
Platinum & Gold Wrote:A current head coach in Lexington will be the new coach at Bourbon County.

Name????
Who is to say the job will be open in two years?

Daniel Brown will be the next head coach at Bourbon County, he lives there, his son goes to school there and he coaches the youth teams for Bourbon County now. He has made it known he wants the job.
I agree the timing is not perfect, so he might jump.

If all the HC kids stay in place, he clearly has a shot at the 11 region for 2 more years. And with some luck could win all the marbles.
IMO this is'nt a real bad job. Bordis (sp) did a nice job with what he had. The kids always played hard and he seemed to have a game plan for each game. Talent runs in cycles and imo Burbon is due for nice run.

I'm not sure how the administraion of the school feels/treats the basketball program? I would think they should draw some decent names.

Brown would be front runner if he chooses to leave HC.
I agree that Bordas did do a great job considering what talent they had and uncontrolled injuries to Gillispie this past season. I think this job can be a good job if someone can come in and build a nice feeder system in the elementary and middle school programs. From what I have heard, this is what makes Daniel Brown a person of interest. The community is real high on him and know that he has been involved already in the younger programs because of his kids. The Bourbon County community has made it known that this is the coach they want and now it is up to the powers to be to make it happen.

Whether he will leave Henry Clay, who knows?
Any update on who gets this job?
I'll say the coach that recently got fired/resigned in the same district will be a candidate?
Tony Wise is a candidate yes, it will be his job if Daniel Brown says no.
Platinum & Gold Wrote:Tony Wise is a candidate yes, it will be his job if Daniel Brown says no.

Will Wise take it? Wow... to a team in the same district....
at this point i think its more about he has to have a job. im callin daniel brown to bourbon & tony wise to henry clay.
Platinum & Gold Wrote:at this point i think its more about he has to have a job. im callin daniel brown to bourbon & tony wise to henry clay.

You really think Brown will come back to Bourbon? Why??????
Yes I do, he lives there, his son goes there and heat is on at Henry Clay. He will be at Bourbon County next year, he has expressed this to many people and Bourbon County people have expressed this.
I obviously don't know 100 percent but i was going to put 1 million dollars of my money up on calling a coahcing change, that would be the coaching change I would put it on.
Having been a fan of 10th and 11th region for over 20 years and knowing many people in the Paris community and in Lexington, As of now Daniel Brown has not applied for the Bourbon Co job and looks like he may not---As for pressure at Henry Clay, as many people around sports in Lexington, there is no pressure on coaches to win- the school board does not put a lot of emphasis on sports up there--ask any one that has coached up there in the past--I have heard from many sources that the Alumnus and Administration love Daniel Brown at Henry Clay as what he has done to restore the tradition of Henry Clay. He was the head assistant on the 2003 Final Four team and since returning as head coach, He has had back to back 20 win seasons which had not been done in over 20 years-Although they had an unfortunate early exit this past season, Everyone knows Henry Clay has a lot of talent coming back and it will take someone like him to deal with the parents of these so called superstars. But who knows, only time will tell?
Platinum & Gold Wrote:Yes I do, he lives there, his son goes there and heat is on at Henry Clay. He will be at Bourbon County next year, he has expressed this to many people and Bourbon County people have expressed this.

Well you seem to have some inside info, so keep us updated. When do you think a coach will be announced?
No clue on when will be announced, I could say tomorrow or I could say May 15th but I have no clue on either one, I'd say 1st of May to estimate but again I have no clue when.
Gold Charger Wrote:Well you seem to have some inside info, so keep us updated. When do you think a coach will be announced?

If Brown is who they want and he wants to come back....what is the hold up?
Well Brown is pretty well stacked with talent the next couple years at Henry Clay, I don't think Bourbon has had Talent since the Salsman Era. I'd assume Brown wants some extra cabbage to come to Bourbon.
Heard they have an excellent point guard that did not play last season. Transfered in and was not cleared to play? Any truth to this?
He is an excellent point guard. Started at Lafayette as a freshman and was ineligible this season due to transfer I guess?

However, I have heard that he will be transferring again, to Mercer County
They have two excellent point guards, the transfer from Lafayette and then the Gillispie kid who tore his ACl and sat out all year.
Have recently been hearing that Preston Lemaster who coached at East Ridge HS this past season and took them to the Regional Finals with a lot of young talent, also a 2002 or 2003 graduate of Bourbon County is being sought after. Lemaster played 4 years under Tubby Smith @ UK and has been into HS coaching for 4-5 years now. Not sure why he would want to leave East Ridge since they only lost 1 player and will be a Regional Favorite, but then again it's his alma mater. I'm very interested to see who they will hire.!!
They're gonna shake things up in East Ridge...
Shake things up at East Ridge???? This is new news to probably all of us, what the world is going on? Please someone who knows and just not gonna spread a bunch of rumors please elaborate??
I have been hearing a number of names around Paris over the past week and I expect they will make a decision over the next couple of weeks. I am hearing that Daniel Brown did not apply for the job so now it is open for anyone to have it. I do not think Preston Lemaster will be a candidate but have heard some interesting names floating around that could be possible replacements.
BC2000 Wrote:I have been hearing a number of names around Paris over the past week and I expect they will make a decision over the next couple of weeks. I am hearing that Daniel Brown did not apply for the job so now it is open for anyone to have it. I do not think Preston Lemaster will be a candidate but have heard some interesting names floating around that could be possible replacements.

Tell us the names you are hearing.
Pages: 1 2