Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bourbon County Opening
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hope they hire someone soon. The big problem is they need to give the new coach a chance to make an impact on the program. I think it has been somewhat of a revolving door for a while now.
I agree, but the next coach needs to get in the elementary and middle school programs and develop some type of feeder system. This was the problem with Bordas, he never got involved with the youth programs. I think he did do a good job with the talent he was given, but I think this is a must for the new coach!
I have heard that Ex Shelby County coach Rick Parsons is going to be the next coach at Bourbon County.
BC2000 Wrote:I agree, but the next coach needs to get in the elementary and middle school programs and develop some type of feeder system. This was the problem with Bordas, he never got involved with the youth programs. I think he did do a good job with the talent he was given, but I think this is a must for the new coach!

Never got involved or was not allowed to be involved. I was told he was told to stay out of the middle school.
OutsideLookingIn Wrote:I have heard that Ex Shelby County coach Rick Parsons is going to be the next coach at Bourbon County.

When will this be announced?
Gold Charger Wrote:When will this be announced?
I don't believe they have even started interviews
This job has not even started interviews yet, so I am not sure when the next coach will be announced? I had not heard of Coach Parsons coming to Bourbon, but who knows--I have heard that Tony Wise has applied, Derek Robinson (former standout player at Bourbon and Western KY), a top assistant at Henry Clay, and a couple of guys from out of state--their may be more, wondering what is taking so long myself?
BC2000 Wrote:This job has not even started interviews yet, so I am not sure when the next coach will be announced? I had not heard of Coach Parsons coming to Bourbon, but who knows--I have heard that Tony Wise has applied, Derek Robinson (former standout player at Bourbon and Western KY), a top assistant at Henry Clay, and a couple of guys from out of state--their may be more, wondering what is taking so long myself?
Interviews are usually just a formality. Usually when time is going by something is going on behind closed doors before the interviews start to make it official.
BC2000 Wrote:This job has not even started interviews yet, so I am not sure when the next coach will be announced? I had not heard of Coach Parsons coming to Bourbon, but who knows--I have heard that Tony Wise has applied, Derek Robinson (former standout player at Bourbon and Western KY), a top assistant at Henry Clay, and a couple of guys from out of state--their may be more, wondering what is taking so long myself?

Josh Cook is on the list as well.
Its going to be very hard for anybody to beat Derrick Robinson for this job. Homegrown kid wanting to come back and coach, and to be as good of a player as he was. He should get the job
Derek Robinson will not be getting this job...
from my understanding, his interview is a formality and out of respect--he left bourbon Girls program to help with Paris, therefore he may have burn some bridges--I hear he is a great kid and know he was a great player there--I believe they will want someone with coaching experience as well someone that can fill a teaching hole needed in the building!
look for a former BC basketball player to get this job... I would say within the next couple of days or so.
Pages: 1 2