Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Obama voters: What is your excuse?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Follow Samuel L. Jackson's example and tell us honestly, why did you vote for Barack Obama? If you plan to vote for him again, what has he done to win your vote?

I love Jackson's honesty and I respect his acting ability but it is shocking to see how shallow so many Hollywood types are when they start talking without a script. Kinda like Obama himself...

Quote:Samuel L. Jackson rants about Obama, race

In an interview with Ebony Magazine, actor Samuel L. Jackson spoke candidly about his support of President Obama in 2008, the New York Post reports. “I voted for Barack because he was black,” Jackson revealed. “‘Cuz that’s why other folks vote for other people — because they look like them.”

“That’s American politics, pure and simple,” Jackson added. “[Obama’s] message didn’t mean sh*t to me. In the end, he’s a politician. I just hoped he would do some of what he said he was gonna do. I know politicians say sh*t; they lie. ’Cuz they want to get elected.” more
It will be hard to find anyone to admit they voted for Barry let alone be honest enough to tell why.
Old School Wrote:It will be hard to find anyone to admit they voted for Barry let alone be honest enough to tell why.

Wildcat23 did.

Oooops, my bad. I forgot he was in kindergarten at the time. Sorry.:biggrin:
Old School Wrote:It will be hard to find anyone to admit they voted for Barry let alone be honest enough to tell why.
I know. I just thought the Samuel L. Jackson quotes were too good not to post. His excuses are as good as any of the others that I have read. :biggrin:
Hoot, unfortunately what Jackson said is probably a very common thought process when it came/comes to voting for Obama for many. The one thing I have come to learn, when the Hollywood crowd is in favor of something, steer as far away as possible from it.
I did. I would have voted for a goat after 8 years of Bush. There was no way I was going to vote for another Bush type(McCain), especially after he put the "idiot" on the ticket with him.
Bob Seger Wrote:Hoot, unfortunately what Jackson said is probably a very common thought process when it came/comes to voting for Obama for many. The one thing I have come to learn, when the Hollywood crowd is in favor of something, steer as far away as possible from it.
Bob, I can even understand why black voters wanted to get on the Obama bandwagon in 2008. I have a much harder time understanding how Americans who have had the same kind of education that we had and have similar access to the internet, radio, TV, and newspapers could possibly entertain the thought of voting for him in 2012.

Unemployment among young people has never been higher and it is higher still among young blacks. Yet, many idiots believe that this country is "on the right track." My question is on the right track to what destination?
TheRealVille Wrote:I did. I would have voted for a goat after 8 years of Bush. There was no way I was going to vote for another Bush type(McCain), especially after he put the "idiot" on the ticket with him.
Biden was on Obama's ticket. Oops...
According to ABC news Obama garnered 96% of the black vote in 2008 and I would be surprised if it were any less in 2012.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/201...-campaign/
TheRealVille Wrote:I did. I would have voted for a goat after 8 years of Bush. There was no way I was going to vote for another Bush type(McCain), especially after he put the "idiot" on the ticket with him.

You pretty much voted for a GOAT now didn't you.
The reason I voted for obama in 2008 and the main reason I'm
Going to vote for him in 2012 is Medicare this is there plan for*
Medicare if you are 55 and older your Medicare will not change
If you are 55 and younger it will be changed why not change it for*
Everybody because the 55 and older group usually vote repbulican
But if you are 55 and younger this is what they WILL DO when you
Become eligible for Medicare they are going to give you a COUPON
Then you must go out and find some insurance company who will
Sell it to you GOOD LUCK

Another reason the tax code is not fair
Me and my wife are in the 28% fedreral tax bracket
While Mitt Romney made 25 million and paid 14% federal *tax rate
These tax cuts don't create jobs
vector Wrote:The reason I voted for obama in 2008 and the main reason I'm
Sell it to you GOOD LUCK

I hope that someones else can make one word of sense out this run on bunch of mumbo jumbo.
It's called the Paul Ryan plan it has already passed the house
vector Wrote:The reason I voted for obama in 2008 and the main reason I'm
Sell it to you GOOD LUCK

Do you realize that Obama slashed Medicare spending to help pay for Obamacare? Yet, you do not plan to hold him accountable and trust him not to make further cuts to Medicare. Interesting.
I'm telling you people are going to have to stay away from
FOX NEWS the more you watch the less you know
vector Wrote:I'm telling you people are going to have to stay away from
FOX NEWS the more you watch the less you know
Obamacare cuts Medicare spending and that is a fact. Many doctors have stopped accepting Medicare patients since Obamacare passed. Medicare was already going broke and if you are counting on it to take care of you when you retire, then you must not plan on enjoying a long retirement.
Hoot you going have to come up with something better than
This

cuts Medicare spending and that is a fact. Many doctors have stopped accepting Medicare patients since Obamacare passed. Medicare was already going broke and if you are counting on it to take care of you when you retire, then you must not plan on enjoying a long retirement.

What part of the link I posted you do not understand?
I may be able to help steer you in the right direction

Everybody don't work for the federal or state government

I suspect that you have never voted for anyone who wasn't a Democrat.

Jackson told the truth about many who voted for Obama. He won't get 96% of the black vote this time. It will be higher. He will, however, get at least 96% of the welfare vote.
Truth Wrote:I suspect that you have never voted for anyone who wasn't a Democrat.

Jackson told the truth about many who voted for Obama. He won't get 96% of the black vote this time. It will be higher. He will, however, get at least 96% of the welfare vote.
That just goes to show you how stupid you look when you assume, without knowing the facts. In all my years of Presidential voting, I have voted for exactly one democrat President, the rest was voting for republicans. As much as I have ended up liking Bill Clinton, I didn't even vote for him at the time. I let the "religious right" cloud my mind during his years. That won't happen ever again.
I voted for Obama in my first Presidential vote. Like many have said, it was the lesser of two evils, proverbially speaking.

This time if it comes between Romney and Obama, I may waste a vote and use a write-in or leave it blank. I really am not an Obama fan, but Mitt Romney comes off as a cocky jerk that cannot identify with the poor of this country.

When it all comes down to it, this presidential election is VERY important because of one thing: SUPREME COURT NOMINATIONS. If I vote, it will be for whoever is the most socially conservative. Too many very-socially-liberal decisions have been rendered by the Supreme Court over the years, we do not need more of it.

Oh I am begging for the day that a fiscally-liberal AND socially-conservative candidate runs!
LWC Wrote:I voted for Obama in my first Presidential vote. Like many have said, it was the lesser of two evils, proverbially speaking.

This time if it comes between Romney and Obama, I may waste a vote and use a write-in or leave it blank. I really am not an Obama fan, but Mitt Romney comes off as a cocky jerk that cannot identify with the poor of this country.

When it all comes down to it, this presidential election is VERY important because of one thing: SUPREME COURT NOMINATIONS. If I vote, it will be for whoever is the most socially conservative. Too many very-socially-liberal decisions have been rendered by the Supreme Court over the years, we do not need more of it.

Oh I am begging for the day that a fiscally-liberal AND socially-conservative candidate runs!
So, getting conservative justices named to the Supreme Court is an important issue for you and you voted for Obama for president? And after he named arguably the two most liberal justices to the court, Sonia Sotomayor and Elena Kagan, you are thinking of throwing away your vote in November on a third party candidate? No offense, but that just does not make any sense. I hope that you will reconsider.

As for caring for the poor and electing yet another fiscally liberal president, do you think that all of the trillions of dollars that have been spent on social engineering have helped the poor? It seems to me that areas of the country that have been dominated by liberal Democratic politicians giving away other people's money have trapped tens of millions of people in poverty. Are they really better off, materially and spiritually than their grandparents were? More importantly, does their future look brighter than their ancestors' or do you agree with me that their chances of escaping poverty have never been slimmer?
LWC Wrote:I voted for Obama in my first Presidential vote. Like many have said, it was the lesser of two evils, proverbially speaking.

There is nothing more important than who will be nominating federal judges for the next four years. The Supreme Court is still somewhat conservative in that it interprets according to the intent of the framers. However, if Obama continues to load the lower federal courts with radicals and if he gets the opportunity to replace a strict constructionist with a liberal, the destruction of the constitution will be guaranteed.
TheRealVille Wrote:That just goes to show you how stupid you look when you assume, without knowing the facts. In all my years of Presidential voting, I have voted for exactly one democrat President, the rest was voting for republicans. As much as I have ended up liking Bill Clinton, I didn't even vote for him at the time. I let the "religious right" cloud my mind during his years. That won't happen ever again.

Wow. What happened to you?
Truth Wrote:Wow. What happened to you?
When the republicans get out of bed with the church, I will probably come back to republican voting. I am fiscally conservative, socially liberal. As long as the republican standard is, allowing rights to men and women couples, that they don't allow to everyone, and being persuaded by the church in laws of the land, I will continue to lean left.

As old Walter would say, "And that's the way it is."
When the republicans get out of the business of denying equals rights socially to every American as far as their lifestyle goes, they will gain a ton of voters back. Get out of the religious bed, and keep government separate, and they will get tons more votes. Until then, they will have to deal with Obama types.
While reading the reasons why some voted for Obama, and realizing that most have no clue what being a conservative is, the fate of our country is becoming ominously clear. Our grandchildren are going to be very upset with us because they didn't get to experience the America we did...They will have questions. I am not going to blame Obama or any politician when trying to explain, I will blame "We the People", for we will be the ones that allowed it to happen. Keep fighting, but the end of our country as we know it is coming to an end and I'm afraid I might live long enough to see it. Makes me consider being a Doomsday Prepper.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:While reading the reasons why some voted for Obama, and realizing that most have no clue what being a conservative is, the fate of our country is becoming ominously clear. Our grandchildren are going to be very upset with us because they didn't get to experience the America we did...They will have questions. I am not going to blame Obama or any politician when trying to explain, I will blame "We the People", for we will be the ones that allowed it to happen. Keep fighting, but the end of our country as we know it is coming to an end and I'm afraid I might live long enough to see it. Makes me consider being a Doomsday Prepper.
If it's not already too late to repair the damage that liberals have done to this country, this may be our last chance. If Obama wins, he will leave a clear majority of liberal justices on the Supreme Court and a national debt of more than $20 trillion in his wake. The United States as we know it will be lost as a part of liberal revisionist history.
When I voted in 2008 I was in the phase of switching from liberal to conservative. I did not vote for obama, but I know a lot of the people I went to school with at the time did. He pulled a lot of people in with his enthusiasm and his "change" gimmick. A lot of the people I know did not have a clue what that "change" was. They just knew his slogan and took to his enthusiasm. Most probably thought "change" because they were unhappy with Bush and the change would be getting somebody younger and more energetic in there. They didn't know much about what he wanted to change or what he stood for. I don't know if that's why people voted for him in general, but that would have to be my guess, other than it being because of his race.

I ended up voting McCain that year. I saw through everything obama was doing, and quite frankly I knew he would have a long, rough presidency by making the promises he did. A lot of my professors at the time were pushing students at school to vote for obama. Given that I was one of the few college students that was making the switch from liberal to conservative, they tried everything they could to persuade me to vote for him, one of who tried to threaten to fail me in a class (And take note, I have not made below a B in my life. College GPA was 3.7 while working two jobs). I know that black people were all for him because he was black, but I wonder what the percentage of college students were that voted for him, because I bet it was pretty high. And anybody who thinks McCain would have been "another Bush" needs to go back and look at his voting record on the issues. Would have been a lot different from Bush. I was not a McCain fan, but he came across to me as the lesser of the two evils.

Every politician makes promises and doesn't keep them. But when obama talks about turning around this big mess in such a short period of time...there's just no way of doing that, not even Chuck Norris could do that. And if something isn't done soon, this hole will become so deep there will be no way of getting out. I remember growing up watching the first Bush, Clinton, and the second Bush, and I have never seen a president try to make so many excuses or blame his failures on his predecessor so much. He has had three years. I wouldn't expect anyone to turn this around in such a short time, but at least right now there should be some positive signs about the coming years. Unfortunately, it's only looking worse.
TheRealVille Wrote:When the republicans get out of the business of denying equals rights socially to every American as far as their lifestyle goes, they will gain a ton of voters back. Get out of the religious bed, and keep government separate, and they will get tons more votes. Until then, they will have to deal with Obama types.

Exactly.
Pages: 1 2 3