Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Obama voters: What is your excuse?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
TheRealVille Wrote:I have never called anybody a nazi. Are you going for "effect" here?

lol yes, you throw the word nazi into anything and people automatically side with you.
A new study poll is out(Wenzel Strategies), and it says that 20% of republicans say they will vote for Obama. Fox Business ran the story.

Posted on :http://www.wnd.com/2012/02/20-of-republi...-to-obama/
vundy33 Wrote:100% correct on that for sure man..

^Thank you sir, much appreciated.
TheRealVille Wrote:Picking which republican to vote for in this election, is like "wondering which STD you would rather have today".

If Republicans are STDs then Obama is AIDS.
Now that's just gayer than AIDS..
vundy33 Wrote:Now that's just gayer than AIDS..

The point was with STDs you have a chance, but with AIDS you are dead.
Worried about your gay posts vundy. :popcorn:
lol, I was just adding another AIDS joke.
TheRealThing Wrote:WideRight, your're really starting to earn my respect. I'd like to thank you for verifying one of my pet peeves. I have argued for years that the public schools of our nation, along with our colleges and universities, are turning out liberals like factories. The liberal has learned the lessons of communism well and recognized they have a window of opportunity ranging somewhere between 12 and 18 years with which to indoctinate the youth of our nation. That window, of course, is the time during which our young are educated. A captive audience for up to 18 years. It isn't rocket science and yet, the concept, though simple, delivers profund results. I'm not surprised you were threatened by a liberal prof for not changing you're political views. That is the true face of liberalism.

You are one who started thinking for yourself early, and I would like to congratulate you and welcome you to lucid land. Turning away from the drumbeat of the liberal propaganda message makes you one that got away.

Now, with regard to your "deep hole" concerns. If one reads the newspaper he will see among the legal notices a list of those who have gone bankrupt. There comes a point when living outside of ones's means creates a total debt consisting of things like credit, interest and living expenses which make it financially impossible to repay one's debts. That time comes when the total of our spending exceeds the total of our income. We have to pay the car payment and the house payment, the utility bills and the health insurance but, we absolutely have to eat too. Normally people stretch their financial envelope to it's thinnest at that point as they turn to house re-fi's and small loans for an influx of cash to tide them over. But, alas, at some point, the re-fi's and small loans are no longer available and, with no where else to turn, one is forced to admit he owes far more than he could ever hope to repay. Neccessitating a legal default known as bankruptcy. Anybody that tells you that we as a nation can get by with this type of behavior, any more than an individual can, is blowing the mother of all smoke clouds up your pants. At some point China et-al will back up, and America will default. And, although the powers that be claim we would sort just reorganize our national financial structure and our country would then be able to soldier on, all pesonal wealth would completely disappear. What would happen to older folks with balances due of their homes is anybody's guess. Personally, owing to the attitude of the liberal of our day, if they are pushing for the acceptance of euthanasia, I would think the spector of the elderly walking the streets might be acceptable collateral damage.

To throw gasoline on the fire, the liberal lawmakers of our land insist on expanding and extending entitlements to more and more people. Even to the point of raiding our defense budget so that we may distribute those funds to the so called needy of this land. While the able bodied non working folks get free food, health care, housing, cell phones, birth control and abortion services etc. The elderly of this land, on whose backs were burdened the resposibiltiy of building and financing this countrie's infrastructure, and, fighting and winning the last great war. Have been targeted as a drain on the American economy because they are drawing the life long promised social security and medicare. In other words, they financed and built the America we all know, defended it in time of war, and, in return for their sacrifices, our federal government promised them they'd be cared for when they retired. Payment for a job well done. To me it is nothing short of a national shame for politicians to label these great Americans as leeches while, extending a life of leisure to the physically verile.

Back in town now and unfortunately haven't been able to keep up in a week or two lol. Thank you for the kind words, I have a ton of respect for you as well. Unfortunately liberalism is turning out huge in the colleges/universities. I had these classes in the "in-between" stages of switching from liberal to conservative. One being a philosophy class, the other a religion class. The lady that taught the philosophy class was a feminist, and is very open about that and other issues. Liberals like to use the "open mind" phrase in class a lot. I approached that class open minded, but she would often cut down people who had opposite views of her in class and even with their grades. She was very emotional about her views. A lot of people in there did not speak their minds, some would agree with her just for the grades. She would often cut the grades of the more conservative-minded students and say that they were "closed-minded" people. She did have a unique philosophical/religious view, calling her self a "Christian-buddhist." We had an online discussion board that we had to post on. What I usually did was post both sides of the argument, and then my opinion to get credit for the post and then not post again. It wasn't until a post about religion on a religion thread where she sent me a private message and demanded a reply. It was just something about that I grew up in Church and believed in Jesus...didn't mention hell or put down anyone or anything anything. Simply stated what I believed in. Since then she tried to take "shots" at me in class. I didn't win there (except sympathy lol) but I did win on the discussion boards. One of my good friends loves to debate P&R, so I met with him frequently and made several posts tearing her to shreds in the debate, with help from him of course. She ended up shutting down the discussion board after my posts kept defeating hers. They were all respectful, all kind as could be, but did not reflect her views. Hers got meaner and meaner as I (or my friend you could say lol) kept defending against her posts. Not long after she shut down the board, she called me into the office and threatened to fail me and pretty much admitted that she just wanted people to think like her lol. I ended up passing with an A.

The other class was a religion class, and I go into deep detail about that in one of the general discussion threads about our experiences in Church (I believe LWC started it). That professor was much more laid back, but often tried to prove the Bible wrong in class instead of teaching about the different religions. Also had a liberal viewpoint and wasn't hesitant to throw that around either. He was once a pastor of a church, and ended up getting chased off. He was (and is still) a great person and unfortunately ran into a not-so-good group of people. That led him into becoming an athiest and wanting to teach religion to turn people away from the Bible, and like the previous professor, admitted that to me. Often, he would take his "shots" at Christianity in class, and if anybody spoke from a Christian viewpoint, they needed to look at things "with an open mind."

However, none of this affected my viewpoint or how I changed. I worked part time over the summer at a local store and spent that summer studying to find out for myself. That's when I really changed my viewpoint. I have always had strong Christian beliefs, but politically I changed mostly that summer. I read a couple of books (hate reading! lol) and studied just about every different view out there. It took a lot of work but I feel comfortable in what I believe now.
^All true, I'm sure. The trappings of higher learning mean power to the college prof. Like the medical doctor respect just goes with the turf. This is the reason Mr. Obama feels so empowered and waxes charismatic when he delivers his Liberal message while visiting the various campuses around our country. Meanwhile the more than willing main stream media types make sure his visits get ample air time. The liberal takes no prisoners in his quest to convert the youthful masses on our college campuses, this is where it all happens.

Only those grounded fully in their beliefs can withstand the four year long daily assault against their conservative foundations. Of course, the process sometimes has the opposite effect in that conservatives are hardened having been tried in the fire. Parents really need to impress these realities on their college bound sons and daughters. They'll come back different, that's for sure.
Pages: 1 2 3