Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 15th Region Tournament Pairings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Monday
6:30 PM Pike County Central vs. Betsy Layne
8:00 PM Pikeville vs. Johnson Central

Tuesday
6:30 PM Prestonsburg vs. Belfry
8:00 PM Paintsville vs. Shelby Valley

All Games at the Eastern Kentucky Expostion Center in Pikeville.
Pike Central will have their hands full with Betsy Layne considering they beat PC at PC like 2 weeks ago...
Johnson Central should easily handle Pikeville...
Belfry and Prestonsburg will be the best matchup as Belfry beat Pburg by 1 in overtime...Belfry should take this in a close one as well...
Paintsville and Shelby Valley should be a good game as well, but Paintsville will pull it out late and win by 10+...
Here are my predictions...

Round 1 Winners:
Pike Central
Johnson Central

Prestonsburg
Paintsville

Round 2 Winners:
Pike Central
Paintsville

15th Region Champion:
Pike County Central
Pike Central will be playing awesome after just winning their district, I think they will beat BL by 10+.
Johnson Central will have their way with Pikeville.
I think Prestonsburg will come out on top over Belfry. These Blackcats seniors want this more than ever and have been playing GREAT as of late.
Paintsville should also have their way with SV.
I think this should be a great region tourney.

I see a rematch of JCHS and Paintsville in the final with the EAGLES coming out on top in a close game.
The pairings look good. This should be a great 15th Region Tournament. Good Luck to all the teams.
i agree STAT
The game against the Blackcats and the Pirates this Tuesday will be a pretty good game but I think the Blackcats will win.
  Good Luck Eagles!!!!!
after watching pike central play saturday night, i see no one in this region being able to beat them

hands down best team in the region

I think that BLHS will beat PCHS, not only will the bobcats be playing great but also the fans for BLHS will get into PCHS head. The main one the will be Tyler Hamilton, since he went to BLHS last year...... BO-BOB-BOBCATS- BLHS is the best. Good luck to the bobcats...
I think Pike Central will win by at least 15 and go on to win the Region
Pike Central vs. Prestonsburg in the finals... Prestonsburg shot nearly perfect from the FT line in the District Tournament and that was their only weakness all year. I'm also picking Pikeville over Johnson Central and Paintsville over Valley.
Well..all the teams that made it to regional are fairly good!
However, i think everyone is underestimating what Shelby Valley can do. There are many talented players on that team. And if Coach Booher would step up and make smart plays..they can come out to be Regional Champions AGAIN! The 8th grader Elisha Justice  has a lot of talent, and also there is Logan Bryant  Jeremy Jackson, and the Riddles.  At the district championship, the wildcats didnt play their hardest. They didnt 'bring it' like everyone thought they would. They didnt have their heart in the game. But i think during this regional tourn. they will play the best they have all year. But i guess we'll just have to wait and see... 

GOOD LUCK SV!!!!!

I like Pike Central and Prestonsburg in the finals and the blackcats to win it all !

Bottom bracket is loaded
I look for there to be a 58th District Rematch in the finals of the 15th
[quote author=Don Coleoni link=topic=20425.msg204600#msg204600 date=1141611365]

I like Pike Central and Prestonsburg in the finals and the blackcats to win it all !

Bottom bracket is loaded
[/quote]I hope you are correct!!
Im going with BL and Pburg in the finals with BL winning it all
After the 1st round when will the next games be played wednesday or thursday night? Im pretty sure the championship game is on saturday

Or the teams that play on monday will play wednesday and the games on tuesday will be played thursday? im just curious
Pikeville over JC
BL over PC
Pburg over Belfry
Paintsville over SV
[quote author=football05 link=topic=20425.msg204625#msg204625 date=1141611979]
After the 1st round when will the next games be played wednesday or thursday night? Im pretty sure the championship game is on saturday

Or the teams that play on monday will play wednesday and the games on tuesday will be played thursday? im just curious
[/quote]I know the boys games will be Monday, Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday.  I'm assuming that the 2nd rd games will be on Friday and the championship will be on Saturday.  You gotta remember that the girls are playing at the same site so they play Wednesday and Thursday with semis on Monday of next week and finals on Tuesday.
Prestonsburg and Pike Central in the finals and Prestonsburg wins a tight, hard fought game. 62-58
yeah I am looking for the blackcats to take on hawks championship finals

Pike Cental will take it all!!! :lol:
I think it'll be Pike Central and P-Burg in the finals with Pike Central winning the 15th Region crown.....
I think Prestonsburg will play Pike Central or Betsy Layne! But if Prestonsburg plays Paintsville in the 2nd what a barn burner that would be !!!
i dont know what you are thinking when you say S.V. is going to do good. The region is full of really good teams, i think that it will be prestonsburg and pike central in the finals, but it will be a really tough trip for the blackcats going through the pirates and the tigers.  Johnson Central should have there way with pikeville and i think that paintsville although very talented still alittle young. It seems that the tigers play very streaky, and anyone can beat them if they are having an off slow game                                                                                  Blackcats #1

Odds are definitely against Pikeville but I can't go against them.  JC has some really good players with lots of experience and the Panthers are young.  It is going to be difficult for them but if they play the kind of defense they are capable of it should be a good game.  Good luck Panthers!
Pikeville over JC
BL over PC
Pburg over Belfry
Paintsville over SV
Quote:

This looks pretty close to me. I think fatigue may be a factor for both Pike Central and Belfry. It will be interesting to see how all of the teams perform in the Expo Center.
Its too bad that Pike Cental and Johnson Central will have to play before the finals. I say Pike Central beats Prestonsburg in the finals.
Pages: 1 2