Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Congrats to Stardust on yet another milestone....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I must say congrats to Stardust at being the first over 1000 likes.

Wait, you mean to tell me we've like what this guy has had to say over a thousand times?
Whats wrong with us? What does this say about our internet and sports community? :biggrin:

Everyone like this post and i may pass him up lol j/k.
Also, this got me thinking....

We should start a end of the year awards thread for stuff like this.
Most intelligent.
Most stubborn.
Biggest troll.
Legendary member club...
VIP member club...
and so on and so on...
Biggest troll...I like the thought of that. Time to step up my game.
And of course, congrats to Stardust. Big Grin
^
lol, itd be hard to beat dan on biggest troll.
Oh you wait...I guarantee you won't see a more complete asshole on these boards.

It's all good natured fun though.
Zaga is the best troll I've seen.
WideRight05 Wrote:Oh you wait...I guarantee you won't see a more complete asshole on these boards.

It's all good natured fun though.

lol, is that possible
Aslan Wrote:Zaga is the best troll I've seen.

Not as bad when it comes to every board though.
Just all things PCC
When he does troll though, he's the best. IMO
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:lol, is that possible

I guess, with me it is. What's funny is people actually take me seriously, as with the Highlands winning the state title thread LOL
I swear to God, I will start breakin' heads if I'm not mentioned on the someone's list...

Hahahahah.
^
New category....

Most likely to seek an anger management course....Vundy hahaha
Why does everyone want to troll? I don't get it, it ruins threads and derails them.
LWC Wrote:Why does everyone want to troll? I don't get it, it ruins threads and derails them.

It's more cool being the heel????? I don't know!
LWC Wrote:Why does everyone want to troll? I don't get it, it ruins threads and derails them.

IMO every site needs trolls. For some people that do troll, it's a good way to vent. For some, they just like to get on and agitate others. I am more the latter. This site is a great way to get online enjoy discussing sports and general life topics with people. It should be a time of the day you get on, enjoy your time posting and talking with other people. But for some (if not most) people, they add more stress to their day on these sites and flip out when someone talks about their team. I'll admit I enjoy stirring the pot. I think it's funny when people flip out over the smallest things. It's just a joke, and in all reality it's just words.

That being said, a site isn't great unless it has a couple of good trolls. I think we have some good ones here with people like Dangerousdaneerfan. Some people on here, Sparty, and even Wideleft01 could use some work on their trolling. But when you don't have trolls, your threads typically consist of...

Example:

"Congrats Belfry!"
"Good game Belfry!"

And that's it. No discussion, no dialogue, etc.

Now when you have that person that likes to take an occasional shot at someone's team, that gets people to post, and creates memberships. Look at the thread I mentioned earlier about guaranteeing us winning the state title before we actually won it. A couple of new people even got on posting. They couldn't stand someone saying that, so, they made a couple of posts on BGR. I even got a message from one of them lol.

And also, say that troll's team loses, what are people on the opposite side thinking?

Something like, "Man I can't wait to get on BGR tonight and show that troll who's boss now!" And they get online, and they post, making the troll look stupid. And then, while they're at it, they usually post in other threads since they're already online.

MAXIMUM TROLLING ALL THE WAY!!!!
^
Great post.

Without trolls, theres no room for discussion.
It sucks when everyone agrees.

Although, everyone should agree that UK basektball is the best thing in this universe and there should be no fuss about it :biggrin:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Great post.

Without trolls, theres no room for discussion.
It sucks when everyone agrees.

Although, everyone should agree that UK basektball is the best thing in this universe and there should be no fuss about it :biggrin:

That's what sucks about the college bb forum, pretty much everyone is a UK fan, including me, so it's kinda hard to troll there.
Weve always got sparty, dan, and overrated (who is overrated as a poster) to spark a somewhat of debate up.
We just always shut them down.
Its beyond me why people with no help and no other fans of that team would want to even get on a forum like this with a 1000 UK bball fans and even try to make sense of what there saying.
^ Neery was good when WVU was beating with UK, but he's going to have to be more creative now. Sparty and Overrated are...yeah, they could use some work lol.

Nice pic of Jones.
I don't like trolls..but we need a few.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Weve always got sparty, dan, and overrated (who is overrated as a poster) to spark a somewhat of debate up.
We just always shut them down.
Its beyond me why people with no help and no other fans of that team would want to even get on a forum like this with a 1000 UK bball fans and even try to make sense of what there saying.

You can't have a Troll list without some of the best in the history of BGR in the football threads alone: Wideleft, WhackemandStackem, and Neerfan (Simon Kenton faithful).
Stardust Wrote:You can't have a Troll list without some of the best in the history of BGR in the football threads alone: Wideleft, WhackemandStackem, and Neerfan (Simon Kenton faithful).

No Wideright???

I once respected you Dusty. :biggrin: I even mentioned you and Sparty for President/VP in the political thread!
^I think good discussions can be made without trolls. However, maybe it is just because we have few, if any, truly good trolls. Daneer is good because he is like a good boxer; he picks his spots and ducks back out. He knows when to jab and when to "drop the hammer and get out" lol. Too many trolls try to stay in threads and get made to look stupid. To me, an effective troll gets everyone riled up and gets the heck out of Dodge.

It is like causing a car crash. If you intentionally cause another car to wreck, you do not stand in front of the public, you hide in the bushes and watch with a sinister scowl.........very creepy I know, lol. It is too easy to lose credibility as a troll when someone sticks around posting in the thread they hijacked.
Congrats Dust! I don't see how you got 1,000 before me...lol. BGR posters are insane!

:haters:
LWC Wrote:^I think good discussions can be made without trolls. However, maybe it is just because we have few, if any, truly good trolls. Daneer is good because he is like a good boxer; he picks his spots and ducks back out. He knows when to jab and when to "drop the hammer and get out" lol. Too many trolls try to stay in threads and get made to look stupid. To me, an effective troll gets everyone riled up and gets the heck out of Dodge.

It is like causing a car crash. If you intentionally cause another car to wreck, you do not stand in front of the public, you hide in the bushes and watch with a sinister scowl.........very creepy I know, lol. It is too easy to lose credibility as a troll when someone sticks around posting in the thread they hijacked.

The key is being able to create an argument. Even if you don't know what in the world you are talking about, if you are able to argue it (ex: politicans) you can still cause a riot with it. Sometimes sticking around in a thread can be worthwhile because a troll can keep it going well, but if they aren't able to continuously debate it, they'll need to get out.

One person, although this guy is nowhere close to a troll, I can think of as a good debater is Hoot Gibson. Like me, he cannot stand Obama and his presidency. He knows his stuff and can debate anyone, anytime, anywhere about anything. Even though he can't stand Obama, like me, I'm sure he is talented enough to develop some kind of argument for Obama (with as little facts as there is out there to support Obama right now) that could hold its own. Throw Hoot's debating skills in with a troll, and you've got somebody that can really get some threads going.
^People would run into caves if he became a troll, lol.
^ Haha yes, they would!
LWC Wrote:^People would run into caves if he became a troll, lol.

You're not kidding. Even when I know I'm right, he makes me feel like I'm completely wrong. He's all about trolling on Kobe Big Grin
WideRight05 Wrote:No Wideright???

I once respected you Dusty. :biggrin: I even mentioned you and Sparty for President/VP in the political thread!

History... LOL, November of 2011 is not a long history :biggrin: In due time, you will find yourself on the "Mt. Rushmore of Trolls" LOL
Pages: 1 2