Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: How many of your teams REGULAR SEASON opponents are still alive in the playoffs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This was mentioned in another thread that Highlands still has three regular season opponents in the mix. What about your team?

Wideleft01 Wrote:There's 3 teams on Highlands schedule that are still playing. Western, Boyle Co, and Covcath.
Interesting question.
Good post. I just made that point about Highlands opponents in the Johnson Central game recap. I also talked about NCC's lack of a decent win in the Holy Cross game thread. Highlands schedule is not as bad as some try to make it out to be.
Somerset has 4: Breathitt County, Glasgow, Hazard and Lexington Christian. They also eliminated one of their other regular season opponents in Danville. Breathitt County and Glasgow are both still undefeated.
I hope Somerset can beat Newcath.
Wideleft01 Wrote:I hope Somerset can beat Newcath.

I just want them to get by LCA--then we'll worry about the next one.
Breathitt Co. only has one regular season opponent, Hazard, still
alive in the playoffs. Wheras the mighty juggernaut Belfry Pirates,
fresh from their NFL like schedule have ONE regular season
opponent advancing thru the playoffs.
Estill has 3, Breathitt County, Garrard County, Powell County
Boyle has 3...... Highlands, John Hardin, and LexCath. And Indy Arsenal Tech made it to the 2nd round of the Indiana 5A Sectionals
Harlan Ind. has three. Pikeville,Hazard and Williamsburg. We had five alive in the second rd.. Add Leslie Co. and Corbin. Pretty tough 1A schedule.
DSRfan Wrote:Breathitt Co. only has one regular season opponent, Hazard, still

2 Somerset
Bell County has 3 still alive in the playoffs (Lexington Catholic, Lafayette, Harlan County)
Bowling Green has 4. St. X,:pondering: Warren Central, Lexington Catholic, and Henderson County.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Good post. I just made that point about Highlands opponents in the Johnson Central game recap. I also talked about NCC's lack of a decent win in the Holy Cross game thread. Highlands schedule is not as bad as some try to make it out to be.

I know you did...DUH! I quoted you in the first post.
Bowling Green has 4. St. X, Warren Central, Lexington Catholic, and Henderson County.
Boone has 4. Southwestern, conner, cov cath, john hardin
DSRfan Wrote:Breathitt Co. only has one regular season opponent, Hazard, still

How many of Breathitt's non-district teams would be alive after playing Cov Cath and Highlands in the 2nd Round?

How many of Belfry's would be alive after playing Campbellsville and Danville?

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good argument.
Blau Vogel Wrote:I know you did...DUH! I quoted you in the first post.

I guess I'm not too observant! Duh. My bad.
Perry Central has 2 Somerset and Harlan County. Had a lot more last week, but they all ran into some roadblocks.
Lexington Catholic has 5. (Bell County, John Hardin, Lafayette, Boyle County, and Bowling Green)
Wideleft01 Wrote:I guess I'm not too observant! Duh. My bad.

I always give credit where credit is due...Unless I think I can get away with stealing the idea! :eyeroll:
Holy Cross 3 losses are still playing. Beechwood, NewCath, Conner
Hazard- LCA, Somerset, Breathitt co.
Whitley has 4-Somerset, Boyle County, Bell County, Harlan County
Meade County has SIX and they're all 4-A or bigger: Collins, Warren Central, Jeffersontown, John Hardin, Henderson County and Louisville Butler. Two of those are guaranteed to be in the semis as J'town plays John Hardin and Hendo plays Butler.

All eight of Meade's non-district opponents won in the first round. The only two they've lost are Greenwood (put out by Bowling Green) and North Hardin (put out by John Hardin).
Pike Central has 2: Belfry & Powell County.
cj2561 Wrote:Hazard- LCA, Somerset, Breathitt co.

Clintwood Va also still in playoffs
According to Calpreps in :
6A Males opponents have a combined record of 102-39
5A Greenwoods opponents were 88-47
4A Boyles were 82-54
3A Powells were 84-50
2A LCAs were 94-46
1A Racelands were 72-64

6 of LCAs regular season opponents are still playing this weekend in the 3rd round. (CAL, CAK, CPA, Frankfort, Hazard,Somerset) 2 more lost last week (Danville, CHA) only Green and Middlesboro lost in round 1.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:How many of Breathitt's non-district teams would be alive after playing Cov Cath and Highlands in the 2nd Round?

How many of Belfry's would be alive after playing Campbellsville and Danville?

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good argument.

Breathitt didn't play Danville. And who of Belfry's opponents
would be alive after playing Hazard? Maybe Ashland. MAYBE.
And NO, I'm not comparing Hazard to CC or High., but you're
just out in left field trying to portray Belfry's schedule as a
monster.
Jumper Dad Wrote:2 Somerset

Correct you are. I was asleep.
Pages: 1 2