Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: How many of your teams REGULAR SEASON opponents are still alive in the playoffs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Prestonsburg has 2 left, Belfry & Hazard. 4 others exited the playoffs last week in Perry, Leslie, Lawrence, & Pike Central. We of course lost to all but Lawrence.
DSRfan Wrote:Breathitt didn't play Danville. And who of Belfry's opponents
would be alive after playing Hazard? Maybe Ashland. MAYBE.
And NO, I'm not comparing Hazard to CC or High., but you're
just out in left field trying to portray Belfry's schedule as a
monster.

I'm not...

I am saying that if JCHS played Campbellsville and Ashland played Danville (or vice versa, the teams that Hazard and Somerset had to play in Round 2)... Belfry would have 3 teams left.

If Somerset played Cov Cath, and Hazard played Highlands (or vice versa, the teams JCHS and Ashland had to face in Round 2)... Breathitt would have noone left.

Dismissing JCHS and Ashland and subsequently lauding Somerset and Hazard based on "who is left" doesn't tell the whole story. Who remains in the playoffs is a very poor indicator of strength of schedule because the games being played are mutually exclusive of each other and cannot be compared.
Western has 3. Eastern ,Central, and the Highlands!!!!
John Hardin played 4 still alive. Lex Catholic, Boyle Co., Jtown, Boone Co.
Bell Co has three... Lex Cath, Lex Lafayette, Harlan Co. IMO LC and HC could go very far.
Sheldon Clark (1-10) opponents still in the running are: Hazard, Pikeville, Belfry, and Breathitt County. SC did not do well this season, as their record indicates, but they did play one tough schedule.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I'm not...

I am saying that if JCHS played Campbellsville and Ashland played Danville (or vice versa, the teams that Hazard and Somerset had to play in Round 2)... Belfry would have 3 teams left.

If Somerset played Cov Cath, and Hazard played Highlands (or vice versa, the teams JCHS and Ashland had to face in Round 2)... Breathitt would have noone left.

Dismissing JCHS and Ashland and subsequently lauding Somerset and Hazard based on "who is left" doesn't tell the whole story. Who remains in the playoffs is a very poor indicator of strength of schedule because the games being played are mutually exclusive of each other and cannot be compared.

CovCath v. Somerset? Highlands' v. Hazard? Playoff games?

And if Belfry played a regular season schedule of Louisville Trinity, repeatedly, for ten weeks, they'd be 0-10.

. . . an equally plausible premise.
Gitback Coach Wrote:CovCath v. Somerset? Highlands' v. Hazard? Playoff games?

And if Belfry played a regular season schedule of Louisville Trinity, repeatedly, for ten weeks, they'd be 0-10.

. . . an equally plausible premise.

So you agree with me then?

My entire point was that when our dear friend was trying to knock Belfry's strength of schedule he was using the premise of Breathitt having more playoff teams left as his basis for argument. My point was that you can't do that because the games and teams played have no bearing on what Belfry's non-district opponents faced. Just because Somerset beat Danville in Round 2 doesn't automatically mean they are a better team than a Johnson Central who lost to a Highlands.

There are several ways you can evaluate the SOS of teams, but using this solely as the premise is not one of them.
Garrard has 1 regular season opponent still alive....Powell Co., who comes to Garrard tonight for the Regional Championship.
As of 1:37 p.m. central time, Tilghman opponents in Ky. still alive are Mayfield, Lone Oak and Fort Campbell. Not sure about our two out of state schools.
Pages: 1 2