Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harlan County 57 George Rogers Clark 36
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Black Bears stay undefeated.
bears prove tonight that speed does hurt. but power will come out on top!
congrats to HC
Congratulations to the Black Bears!!

Great win......safe travels home.

Great big thank you to all those keeping us updated with current scores, especially that Black Bear Den Mother.
Looks like the Cardinals actually played competitively
Stardust Wrote:Looks like the Cardinals actually played competitively

Score was 43-36 in the 4th quarter. GRC just could not stop HC from scoring. GRC had 4 or 5 players of the starting defensive unit out tonight with injuries and also QB R. Campbell. T. Creatue went out with a injury in the first half.

I had not seen HC play untill tonight...they really impressed me, big and physical and their running backs were quick. Really enjoyed watching them play. Have a safe trip home and best of luck the rest of the season.
Stardust Wrote:Looks like the Cardinals actually played competitively

From what it sounded like on the radio Pooky/Pokey was the only real threat they had and he made a game of it for a while. Was a nailbiter until about the 4th quarter. Congrats to the Bears, proud of you all! Bring it on home and get ready for Letcher next week at home.
Really surprised by this score. Figured Harlan would hold GRC to less points and this would be a lower scoring game.

Congrats to Harlan racked up a lot of points to tonight.
BlackBearDenMother Wrote:From what it sounded like on the radio Pooky/Pokey was the only real threat they had and he made a game of it for a while. Was a nailbiter until about the 4th quarter. Congrats to the Bears, proud of you all! Bring it on home and get ready for Letcher next week at home.

Pokey, and he is very talented
Congratulations, Harlan County!
Pokey was impressive. Great win for Harlan County. Fastest player they will face all season. Good to see the Bears hang tough. Very proud of them.
Did Clark run or pass on HC?
Stardust Wrote:Pokey, and he is very talented
Great baseball player too and in the classroom. Going to visit Western tomorrow. Been told that Eastern and UK are interested.
harlancounty51 Wrote:bears prove tonight that speed does hurt. but power will come out on top!

I think it may prove just the opposite. If GRC scores 36 points on you, you should be a little worried.
Gold Charger Wrote:Great baseball player too and in the classroom. Going to visit Western tomorrow. Been told that Eastern and UK are interested.

Not surprising he's a game changer anytime the ball is in his hands
Congrats HC
adopted purple Wrote:I think it may prove just the opposite. If GRC scores 36 points on you, you should be a little worried.

Didn't GRC score more points on them then any other team this year?
Gold Charger Wrote:Great baseball player too and in the classroom. Going to visit Western tomorrow. Been told that Eastern and UK are interested.
Kid can fly. Loved watching him on the diamond this past season.
Gold Charger Wrote:Didn't GRC score more points on them then any other team this year?

Thats the most points scored on Harlan in the last 2 years. Canady will have to work on that Defense.
According to harlancountysports.com Harris rushed for 331 on 20 carries but Harlan county's Middleton and McMillan both broke 200 Congrats to all 3
Middleton 24-264 & McMillian 34-226
SEKentucky Wrote:Thats the most points scored on Harlan in the last 2 years. Canady will have to work on that Defense.

Thanks.

CanYouLiveWithoutIt Wrote:According to harlancountysports.com Harris rushed for 331 on 20 carries but Harlan county's Middleton and McMillan both broke 200 Congrats to all 3

I agree all 3 players were outstanding tonight!!!
adopted purple Wrote:I think it may prove just the opposite. If GRC scores 36 points on you, you should be a little worried.

HC dropped 57 points on 6a GRC. Came out of there with a win. I ain't worried. I'm thrilled they dug in finished this game with a win. Once Pokey got loose, there wasn't anybody who could catch him. He was very impressive. Harlan County's coaches will not be content though. They will continue to push our team to get better. Officiating was suspect to say the least.

One game at a time. On to district play.
Congrats boys very proud of you tonight you guys deserved it !!
Mama Bear Wrote:HC dropped 57 points on 6a GRC. Came out of there with a win. I ain't worried. I'm thrilled they dug in finished this game with a win. Once Pokey got loose, there wasn't anybody who could catch him. He was very impressive. Harlan County's coaches will not be content though. They will continue to push our team to get better. Officiating was suspect to say the least.

GRC had 4 or 5 of the starting defensive unit out tonight with injuries. Also QB Campbell was out. Would GRC have won the game if these player had played...who knows. HC really impressed me on how big and physical they were. Did anyone see the hit that #59 put on a GRC player tonight...that was a awsome hit!! This kid can play too. What is his name and grade? Are any of HC players getting any scolly offers?
That kid ran all over us! Good experience for the Bears they took some punches and punched back.
Gold Charger Wrote:GRC had 4 or 5 of the starting defensive unit out tonight with injuries. Also QB Campbell was out. Would GRC have won the game if these player had played...who knows. HC really impressed me on how big and physical they were. Did anyone see the hit that #59 put on a GRC player tonight...that was a awsome hit!! This kid can play too. What is his name and grade? Are any of HC players getting any scolly offers?

His name is Chase Calton and I'm proud to say he's my nephew. It sounded like he had a really great game listening to it on the radio. Congrats to him and the rest of the Black Bears!
Mama Bear Wrote:HC dropped 57 points on 6a GRC. Came out of there with a win. I ain't worried. I'm thrilled they dug in finished this game with a win. Once Pokey got loose, there wasn't anybody who could catch him. He was very impressive. Harlan County's coaches will not be content though. They will continue to push our team to get better. Officiating was suspect to say the least.

Understatement about officiating. One sided all night. Helped lead GRC down the field a few times.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Did Clark run or pass on HC?

Pokey run all night. Pokey breaks several and Pokey is the fastest we have ever faced hands down. Very talented runner and he can take a big hit. Black Bears will correct their mistakes as with each game. Overall, Bears physically overpowered GRC and ran it down their throat. Officiating was horrible and the Black Bears overcame that and continue on to get the Win. GO BLACK BEARS!!!
CanYouLiveWithoutIt Wrote:Middleton 24-264 & McMillian 34-226

GRC sounds like a one man team. Congrats on being a team Harlan Co.
Pages: 1 2 3