Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Knox Central 52 Clay County 8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final score.
This didn't suprise me. Congrats Knox!
^ No, not a surprise. But wasn't this the same Clay County that was really good just a few years ago?
congrats to KC
congrats to knox
Congrats to the KCHS. This is what we're all expecting to see from the Panther Nation.
Stardust Wrote:^ No, not a surprise. But wasn't this the same Clay County that was really good just a few years ago?

They lost A LOT from last season.
Congrats Knox Central.
Congrats KC. Clay Co. is rebuilding!!
Thought that Knox would win but not by this much
MisterPerfect Wrote:Congrats KC. Clay Co. is rebuilding!!

They must be. This score surprises me. I am sure Clay Co will be fine for the future.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:They lost A LOT from last season.
They did lose a lot, but they have a bunch of good players, and a few very good players. Rebuilding has become an excuse. There is no excuse why this Clay team has only won one game. Something's just not right.
I agree Skinny Pig too many athletes on this tiger team to have a season like this.:insane:
Knox or Rock for the district title. Imagine how strange this becomes if Rock loses to Knox and Russell beats Knox? You would have a 3-way tie for 1st, and it is very possible. Maybe the best 4A district.
LWC Wrote:Knox or Rock for the district title. Imagine how strange this becomes if Rock loses to Knox and Russell beats Knox? You would have a 3-way tie for 1st, and it is very possible. Maybe the best 4A district.

That's what I'm hoping for, and I think Russell Co has the opponent wins needed for the tie-breaker.
Congrats to KC.

Not the best 4A district but it is the most competitive.
Congrats Knox Central
Stardust Wrote:^ No, not a surprise. But wasn't this the same Clay County that was really good just a few years ago?

They did have a good team back in 08 with the Lewis kid at QB, and if they hadnt of run into a buzzsaw of a Whitley County team that year they might have been the ones playing Highlands in the state semis instead of Whitley
Congrats K N O X.
Congrats Knox..
who were the players who quit Friday night?Confusedhh:
laker20 Wrote:That's what I'm hoping for, and I think Russell Co has the opponent wins needed for the tie-breaker.

I thought if it came down to a tie breaker between three teams they first take team records into account. For example. Let's say it happens like you said: Knox beats Rockcastle....Rockcastle beat Russell and Russell beat Knox. Say all three teams win out on the season besides these games. Rock would be 9-1, Russell would be 9-1 and Knox Central would be 7-3. You have a two teams at 9-1...wouldn't they go head to head and Rock beating Russell be the winner? Or do they use the opponents win-loss record as the overall tie breaker which would put Russell ahead of Rockcastle even though Rockcastle beat Russell directly? That would be crazy if that happened I would think.:please: I would be interested in understanding this.
Fooseball Devil Wrote:who were the players who quit Friday night?Confusedhh:

Bad news if true.
Sad to see my friends from Clay having such a tough year. Their players just did not have much fight to bring into the game. It was 32 to 0 at the end of the 1st quarter. We played well but had a couple starters out and made some mistakes that were made up by special teams play.

Hope they pull it together to get a few wins under their belt. Feels good to see the Panthers on a roll.
papagrit Wrote:I thought if it came down to a tie breaker between three teams they first take team records into account. For example. Let's say it happens like you said: Knox beats Rockcastle....Rockcastle beat Russell and Russell beat Knox. Say all three teams win out on the season besides these games. Rock would be 9-1, Russell would be 9-1 and Knox Central would be 7-3. You have a two teams at 9-1...wouldn't they go head to head and Rock beating Russell be the winner? Or do they use the opponents win-loss record as the overall tie breaker which would put Russell ahead of Rockcastle even though Rockcastle beat Russell directly? That would be crazy if that happened I would think.:please: I would be interested in understanding this.
I never have understood how this works. Anyone know?
^Someone please help with the afore mentioned post.
coin toss?straw pull?rock,scissors,paper?
papagrit Wrote:I thought if it came down to a tie breaker between three teams they first take team records into account. For example. Let's say it happens like you said: Knox beats Rockcastle....Rockcastle beat Russell and Russell beat Knox. Say all three teams win out on the season besides these games. Rock would be 9-1, Russell would be 9-1 and Knox Central would be 7-3. You have a two teams at 9-1...wouldn't they go head to head and Rock beating Russell be the winner? Or do they use the opponents win-loss record as the overall tie breaker which would put Russell ahead of Rockcastle even though Rockcastle beat Russell directly? That would be crazy if that happened I would think.:please: I would be interested in understanding this.

From what i have observed from the past if it plays out that KC beats rock and Russell beats KC. It would end up Rock, Russell, and then KC. It goes by your record and then head to head. That does not mean that i am right.
This is from the rule book:

Quote:b) TIE-BREAKER (more than two teams). Should three or more
teams tie for the a district position based upon the win-loss
record, the position shall be determined by the following:
i) If one of the teams has defeated each of the other teams
tied in games contested between them, that team shall be
declared to hold the highest position, and the winner of the
game between the remaining teams (if less than four) shall
be declared the second highest position. In the event of
more than three teams being tied, where one has defeated
each of the tied teams, that team shall be declared the
highest position, and the tie-breaking procedure shall be
re-applied for the remaining tied teams.
ii) If the tie remains, each team tied for the position shall
receive one point for each game won by any four of their
defeated opponents in all games, except for the games
played between any two of the tied teams.
All games played
shall be counted in applying the tie-breaking procedure,
including out of state games, with the exception that a
defeated school may be counted only once in the procedure
regardless of the number of games played against that
particular school. Teams awarded forfeit victories (whether
or not a forfeit fee is paid) may count the defeated opponents
of the forfeiting team, provided the game was not replaced
on the schedule.
iii) If the tie remains after application of provision (ii), an
additional defeated opponent’s wins will be added to the
point total for each team until the tie is broken and the
winner of the tied position declared, or until all games are
exhausted.
iv) If the tie for the position involves only three teams, and the
application of (ii) and (iii) results in one team being declared
the winner of the tied position based on point totals, the
highest point total from the application of (ii) and (iii)between the two remaining tied teams shall be declared to
hold the next position.
v) If the tie for the championship involves more than three
teams, and the application of (ii) and (iii) results in one
team being declared the winner of the tied position based
on point totals, the procedure shall then be re-applied to
determine the next position.
vi) If the tie for the position involves more than three teams,
and the application of (ii) and (iii) results in two teams
remaining tied for the position based on points, the head
to head game played between them shall break the tie, and
head to head competition will break any remaining ties.
viii) If a tie results after application of all provisions of the
above plan, the tie shall be broken by the Board of Control.

So, if we had a 3-way tie, it comes down to picking 4-teams that you defeated during the year and how many wins they had. You can pick a games between the teams in the tie.
Interesting! Now that you posted this rule, I remember this. Lynn Camp was in the same perdiciment several years ago and the team that ended up winning the district had the least wins but the wins they had where against better teams.
Pages: 1 2