Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Betsy Layne 38 - Paintsville 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final , with what I believe to be a running clock in the 4th for some reason....
It was good to see the Jarrell kid back on the field...Congrats BL
Yes it was a running clock, because it was 38-0 before Paintsville scored.. You get a running clock after you obtain a 35 point lead. I predicted a running clock in this one. Hate it for Paintsville
Jon419 Wrote:Yes it was a running clock, because it was 38-0 before Paintsville scored.. You get a running clock after you obtain a 35 point lead. I predicted a running clock in this one. Hate it for Paintsville

Since when, it use to be 45, it was 45 last year. Kinner may have asked for a running clock, coaches are allowed to do that.
Ouch - I took Paintsville in an upset. Ooops!
You can change the title of the game.... You can play a different school.... And your team still gets a L.
congrats bl. kinner did ask for running clock in the third .welcome back 33 heck of a game.
Is this the only time in history the Betsy Layne has beaten Paintsville two times in a row?
Congrats to the fighting Eric C. Conn's..... Atleast one blue and white team has a win against a team of tigers this week.
Congrats BOBCATS , Leslie Co. next week...District game..
Redneck Wrote:Since when, it use to be 45, it was 45 last year. Kinner may have asked for a running clock, coaches are allowed to do that.
Must have. It ran the whole second half and even when the lead was 32.
The Tigers were pretty much dominated from the start. It gets upsetting to continue to watch this progream sink. Paintsville's program is without a doubt the worst it has been, maybe ever. I hate it for the kids and the community. Looks like another 2-8 season for the Tigers.
Congrats BL
way to go Bobcats get started on getting ready for the second district game looking for the wins to continue on for these young men .Glad your back Kory
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Is this the only time in history the Betsy Layne has beaten Paintsville two times in a row?
Yes I believe that is correct. "Conquer the little bird and perhaps the bad cat can be caught.":biggrin:
Tough one for the young Tigers and their faithful. Betsy Layne has a good group of athletes, and the way we turn it over constantly, this is what happens. It seems silly to state this, but without the turnovers, I believe it is less than a two TD game. The red zone INT on the first drive was a momentum killer, and the fumble return for a TD from the red zone at the end of the half was the dagger. Betsy Layne was the better team, hands down, but not as superior as the score indicates. 33 was clearly the best player on the field. Betsy Layne's team, staff and fans showed a Helluva lot of class when the Tiger QB went down with an injury, hats off to the Bobcats for a true showing of sportsmanship. Best of luck to you in the rest of your season. Hang in there young Tigers, and hang on to that rock. Gotta' give yourselves a chance to win.
BOBCAT-BLACK & GOLD Wrote:Congrats BOBCATS , Leslie Co. next week...District game..

Next week's game against Leslie will be a good matchup for BL. I'm leaning towards the Bobcats in this one. Go Bobcats!!!
Congrats Betsy Layne. Score could have been really bad had it not been for the running clock in the second half. Lots of class by BL by not running the score up then letting Paintsville score in the 4th so it wouldn't look so bad. Two programs heading in a totally opposite direction. The kid who was ejected last week must have been caught red handed since he wasn't playing tonight.
IMO

Soccer has ruined the football program at Paintsville. That school is just way too small to have both a soccer & football program. This is why I think soccer should be a spring sport instead of a fall sport.

Congrats Bobcats!
You honestly think soccer is the reason for the football team losing? I guess any excuse is better than none. Talking with parents from Paintsville, the kids are allowed to do both and have been doing since soccer started. Did you ever think that the kids choose not to play because they don't like the coach or maybe they just don't like it?

Also, you state that soccer should be a spring sport, well, wouldn't that interfear with baseball or track. Let's face it, Soccer is doing so well because they are a WINNING sport at that school and kids like to win. Next thing you know, the administration will try to do away with it, just to see if it would help the football program.
Congrats Bobcats! Keep it up!:rockon:
Congrats to Betsy Layne. Good luck to both teams next week.
There are several players on the PHS soccer team that would certainly help the football team. Also, there are several boys that play basketball and baseball that do not play football. These boys would also be a big help to the struggling football program. For a small school to succeed in all major sports, all the best athletes in the school must participate in all major sports. That is how things were back in the day when Paintsville was competitive in all three major sports. Somehow we must return to that.
Congrats Bobcats
I was lucky enough to go watch this game. Bl could have made it a lot worse. 32'to 0 and kinner ask for running clock? Really?
BL picks up a good win, they better have there heads on straight for lc next week though. they're coming off a big W over a top ten ranked 1a team in harlan ind. cant wait to watch this one
The tigers quit playing after the first drive. But without 33 this would be a one score game. And I hate to say this because the P-Burg posters won't believe but yeah Jarrel would have made one hell of a defference in the game against you guys. He beat Paintsville. Paintsville has to survive the next two years before the young talent gets in the program. The middle school beat hazard 48-0 this week, and the high school teams talent is all situated in the sophomore and freshman class. We have to get through this year though. Honestly Idk if anything can even be done about this season, but there is a bright future.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:The tigers quit playing after the first drive. But without 33 this would be a one score game. And I hate to say this because the P-Burg posters won't believe but yeah Jarrel would have made one hell of a defference in the game against you guys. He beat Paintsville. Paintsville has to survive the next two years before the young talent gets in the program. The middle school beat hazard 48-0 this week, and the high school teams talent is all situated in the sophomore and freshman class. We have to get through this year though. Honestly Idk if anything can even be done about this season, but there is a bright future.
i agree..if jarrell would have been in the pburg game i think it would have made a big difference..
one good thing comes with learning to win and thats winning,playing ,and being able to show that class that all your coaches have taught you till this point. Hats off to you Bobcats. Way to have the clas you young men have hang out there and show. And the Bobcats Fans and supporters show that class as well winning or losing, we all try to let it show, still see these young men having a great finish on the 2011 season. Kory and Austin Hall keep on ground pounding...Next game Lesile Co. Lets go Bobcats
Another good win for BL. Keep it up Bobcats.
Pages: 1 2