Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky 27 - Central Michigan 13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final

UK improves to 2-0
UK actually looked like a decent team in the second half(totally stole MVP2's words).
I suppose there is actually hope for this team!
UK is probably the worst 2-0 team in the nation. I will be surprised if they win more than 1 game in conference.
L O S E R V I L L E next week
Jarons Wrote:UK is probably the worst 2-0 team in the nation. I will be surprised if they win more than 1 game in conference.

Me too. Vandy is the only conference win I could see us possibly getting.
Aslan Wrote:Me too. Vandy is the only conference win I could see us possibly getting.
I would not be surprised if they lost to Vandy.
With this outstanding performance, UK is ready to beat Boise State by 40. Not in a million years. This year, UK is one of the sisters of the poor.
Central Michigan's coach really shot himself in the foot going for it on 4th down and giving UK great field position and UK finally converts with a touchdown pass to King and then Clemons takes one to the house from 87 yards out and the Cats score 14 points in around 5 mins of game time.

Glad UK finally started running the ball and glad Newton tucked the ball and ran it some too because CMU didn't really have an answer for it.

Can't wait to take Louisville to the woodshed!
ONB, trolling mood, aye? Big Grin
2-0 for the Cats and 4 away from the magic number, I know it wasn't pretty but they should some promise in the 2nd half today and a win is a win
congrats on the 2nd half team that the cats put out there..
CardinalAlum Wrote:2-0 for the Cats and 4 away from the magic number, I know it wasn't pretty but they should some promise in the 2nd half today and a win is a win

I have so much hatred for that saying.
Just got back from the game. This UK teams is a poor team. They should beat UL, but then it is going to be three straight ugly loses. Newton is very unimpressive (Towles does not have his size, but already throws a much better ball, could make a push next year to start. However, I expect him to red shirt and try to beef him up a little). The WR's have stone hands also.
sstack Wrote:Just got back from the game. This UK teams is a poor team. They should beat UL, but then it is going to be three straight ugly loses. Newton is very unimpressive (Towles does not have his size, but already throws a much better ball, could make a push next year to start. However, I expect him to red shirt and try to beef him up a little). The WR's have stone hands also.

Matt Roark couldn't catch a beach ball today.
I am just glad that they were able to get the win because they had me a little scared in the first half. Next week will be a true test or at least I think it will be. Not so sure about that though, now that the Cards got beat by Florida International! :biglmao:
Aslan Wrote:UK actually looked like a decent team in the second half(totally stole MVP2's words).
I suppose there is actually hope for this team!
:Thumbs:

CardinalAlum Wrote:2-0 for the Cats and 4 away from the magic number, I know it wasn't pretty but they should some promise in the 2nd half today and a win is a win

Well said my friend....2-0 is better than 1-1 or 0-2

leecoukfan Wrote:I am just glad that they were able to get the win because they had me a little scared in the first half. Next week will be a true test or at least I think it will be. Not so sure about that though, now that the Cards got beat by Florida International! :biglmao:

FIU has a hell of a team. They could easily beat Central Michigan and WKU with no problems. Louisville will be a tough team to beat, even though I do think UK wins, could be a tough game.
MVP2 Wrote::Thumbs:

Well said my friend....2-0 is better than 1-1 or 0-2

FIU has a hell of a team. They could easily beat Central Michigan and WKU with no problems. Louisville will be a tough team to beat, even though I do think UK wins, could be a tough game.

Louisville looks terrible so far this year!
So has UK.Sad
sstack Wrote:Just got back from the game. This UK teams is a poor team. They should beat UL, but then it is going to be three straight ugly loses. Newton is very unimpressive (Towles does not have his size, but already throws a much better ball, could make a push next year to start. However, I expect him to red shirt and try to beef him up a little). The WR's have stone hands also.
Whats' sad to me is they look like they have the talent to be a good team but are poorly coached! QB keeps throwing high, receivers can't catch a O-line that has played together and won big SEC games looks awful. D looks better but every SEC team I have watched this year will line up and run over them. Lots of UK football fans didn't relize how good a coach Rich Brooks was.
Bad decisions by a qb and recievers that couldn't catch a cold is not poor coaching. It may be poor recruiting.

I kind of like the true freshman backfield.
This is still gonna be a looong season!
After that 4th down stop in the 2nd half. UK went off, but we still are playing terrible!!!
Thank god CMU's coach is worse than UK's......
It's a win go big blue
Well, i just got back from Lexington as i stayed up there last night and i must say, this is the worst damn Kentucky football team ive ever witnessed in my entire life.

Ill just be honest, and i know it will piss a couple of posters off, this team flat out sucks. Joker really is a Joke. Im really surprised we even scored with that hellacious looking offense and pitiful QB. Newton is just flat out not ready to be a starting college QB. Had it not been our depth, this team would have smoked us. Also, had it not been for a big run and 1 or 2 big plays in the second half, CMU would have completely dominated us in every statistic of this game.
Right not I see UK beating Loserville (maybe) and Jacksonville State and THATS IT. PERIOD. Even a Loss to Vandy. We honestly suck that bad. I just hope the University starts to respect season ticket holders like myself and hire a respectable winning coach, not a reject like Phillips. This was seriously the poorest excuse for a football team ive ever seen. Hell, id take Trinity by 20 over them.

There was 2 good things that came out of the game.
One was seeing Randall Cobb walk out. Truly one of the best to wear a UK uniform.
Two was having Demarcus Cousins stand 20 feet in front of me for about the whole 3rd qtr. Thats one big ass dude.
Aslan Wrote:ONB, trolling mood, aye? Big Grin

How is it trolling?
I hope something changes! Congrats anyway UK
If the offensive line gets healthy they will beat louisville like they stole something. and If a receiver could catch a damn ball this would have been a 5 td win.
I totally agree with RunItUpTheGut.....I was miserable there yesterday besides seeing Cobb and the rest of the present and past UK basketball players. This is the first time in a long time that we don't have a player than can take over a game on the offensive side of the ball. If we was to lose Trevathan on defense..God rest our UK football souls.
An ok win for Ky but they cant be sluggish all the time in the first half. Specially not against Louisville.
Pages: 1 2