Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence County v Letcher County Central 9/16
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have heard they put on an NFL show at high school admission prices. Jumbotron, instant replay, professional sound system, NFL field, dance team, pep band, all star concessions, fireworks. I might try and watch some of the game in between all the events. Any thoughts on the actual game?
I belive the tough schedule for Lawrence County will start to show itself starting this week, I don't know anything about Letcher Central other then they are 1-3 just like LC and are a 5a school. The Bulldogs have played a really tough schedule against the top teams in eastern Kentucky .Bulldogs found progressed each week despite the losses and that's all you can ask for as a fan. Always tough on the road but I think the dawgs get the job done.
Letcher wins this game by 2 touchdowns
Letcher Central losses have been to the Breathitt County Bobcats and the Franklin County Flyers, both top ten rated teams and Montgomery County, a team that has played tough every week. Their win was against Madison Central in Richmond, a 6A school. LCC by 2 touchdowns in this one.
Letcher Central by 10+
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Letcher Central losses have been to the Breathitt County Bobcats and the Franklin County Flyers, both top ten rated teams and Montgomery County, a team that has played tough every week. Their win was against Madison Central in Richmond, a 6A school. LCC by 2 touchdowns in this one.

LOL
Please. Don't try to make LCC sound better than we are. Madison Central is a horrible team. They had only won like 2 games in the last two seasons. Class means nothing. I know several good 1A teams that could beat a weak 6A team. We were one hail marry fourth down pass from losing to that team and being 0-3.
Lawrence has played a much tougher schedule and that is going to help them they continute to grow.
This one stays close with Letcher using the home field advantage to win it late in the 4th quarter.
Does anyone have an update on #40 from Lawrence Co?
king360 Wrote:Does anyone have an update on #40 from Lawrence Co?
I talked to him tonight. He's doing a lot better. Still in a lot of pain but nothing life threatening. He's going to be OK. Not sure how long he will be out. Appreciate all the concerns for him. He is one of those kids you hope your son grows up to be like. Great kid + hard worker!
bulldog42 Wrote:I talked to him tonight. He's doing a lot better. Still in a lot of pain but nothing life threatening. He's going to be OK. Not sure how long he will be out. Appreciate all the concerns for him. He is one of those kids you hope your son grows up to be like. Great kid + hard worker!

Im glad the kid is ok. From the looks of things last night I thought for sure he had done something terrible to his back, there was a big sigh of relief when he started moving his legs.
Letcher Central takes it.
If Lawrence Co wants to come out on top in this game they have got to keep the ball in the hands of #36, this kid carries the load!
Big game
LetcherCentral23 Wrote:LOL
Please. Don't try to make LCC sound better than we are. Madison Central is a horrible team. They had only won like 2 games in the last two seasons. Class means nothing. I know several good 1A teams that could beat a weak 6A team. We were one hail marry fourth down pass from losing to that team and being 0-3.

LOL. Wasn't really trying to do that. Just addressing the Lawrence County fans who stated they have played a superior schedule. Their only win was against Jackson County. A team that Jenkins should schedule for homecoming. We may not be very good, but neither is Lawrence County. It should be a good game with LCC winning by 14.
Lawrence Co
lawrence co wows keep coming as lcc wins by 12
Lawrence will give you a very solid game. They are improving week by week. Do not be fooled by their W/L record. The three losses have come against very good teams that are contenders for a state championship in their respective classes.
LCC by 2 tds.
Letcher - 34
Lawrence - 23
Look at both schedules, it's a fact that Lawrence has played a much tougher schedule.
Ashland, Prestonsburg, Perry Central is better then anyone on Letcher's schedule so far.
We shall see. Ashland and Perry Central are debatable but I do not believe that Prestonsburg is better then Breathitt County or Franklin County this year and they may not be as good as Montgomery County.
i think letcher takes this one by 2 tds maybe!
lcc could win this game if they can put together some defense!
#36 the RB for lcc has got to get the game going early for them!
OrangenowBlue Wrote:We shall see. Ashland and Perry Central are debatable but I do not believe that Prestonsburg is better then Breathitt County or Franklin County this year and they may not be as good as Montgomery County.

I can't blame you at all for Friday's concept of the game. There is in fact a lot of variables in that game. You may be correct and then maybe not. From your position it maybe the best opportujnity to get #2 which maybe be said of LC as well. You stated that Ashland and PCC were debatable opponents. You only play PCC of the teams you mentioned. On Oct.14, part of your doubts will be put to rest. As to P-burg are you saying that Letcher could beat the cats? You will not have a measuring stick with them or Ashland. The only real indicator will be Lawrence at Letcher.We shall see as you have indicated.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:I can't blame you at all for Friday's concept of the game. There is in fact a lot of variables in that game. You may be correct and then maybe not. From your position it maybe the best opportujnity to get #2 which maybe be said of LC as well. You stated that Ashland and PCC were debatable opponents. You only play PCC of the teams you mentioned. On Oct.14, part of your doubts will be put to rest. As to P-burg are you saying that Letcher could beat the cats? You will not have a measuring stick with them or Ashland. The only real indicator will be Lawrence at Letcher.We shall see as you have indicated.

Not to mention Pburg had a chance to beat Perry and only lost 35-34. Pburg is a contender to win it all in 2A especially if Jamerson is healthy. IMO, Lawrence had the toughest schedule between the two teams. That doesn't mean the Dawgs are better obviously. The Bulldogs have to put together a consistent offense. It seems like they come out with a great gameplan and when the opposing coaches make adjustments to stop LC they can't make any counter adjustments that produces any productivity on offense. Lawrence will need to put pressure on the QB from Letcher. They like to spread you out and run/throw with the QB. Hopefully LC will have the speed to contain the QB and keep him from getting big chunks of yards on the ground. I'll go with the Dawgs 28-27 in what should be a very good game.
Letcher Central 27-23.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:I can't blame you at all for Friday's concept of the game. There is in fact a lot of variables in that game. You may be correct and then maybe not. From your position it maybe the best opportujnity to get #2 which maybe be said of LC as well. You stated that Ashland and PCC were debatable opponents. You only play PCC of the teams you mentioned. On Oct.14, part of your doubts will be put to rest. As to P-burg are you saying that Letcher could beat the cats? You will not have a measuring stick with them or Ashland. The only real indicator will be Lawrence at Letcher.We shall see as you have indicated.

Never said that LCC could beat the cats, I stated that Breathitt and Franklin County could. As far as debating opponents that goes both ways as neither play the same schedule. You are right as I do not have a measuring stick as far as opponents, but neither has Lawrence fans who started this discussion stating Lawrence had a superior schedule.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Never said that LCC could beat the cats, I stated that Breathitt and Franklin County could. As far as debating opponents that goes both ways as neither play the same schedule. You are right as I do not have a measuring stick as far as opponents, but neither has Lawrence fans who started this discussion stating Lawrence had a superior schedule.
Exactly but with the exception of PCC whom I believe you referred to as debateable in the same breath as Ashland. Now I took this to mean that you have reservation as to the 4-0 PCC team whom I assure you will be the best team you see.
Breathitt Co.,Franklin Co,and Montgomery co. Vs PCC,P-burg and Ashland. Of cource that's is a matter of opinion but it really just doesn't even sound right.The Bobcats are a good team year in and out. I will give you that. I would have my doubts they could handle PCC this year and the other two speak for themselves.Anyway see you in Letcher on Friday.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:Exactly but with the exception of PCC whom I believe you referred to as debateable in the same breath as Ashland. Now I took this to mean that you have reservation as to the 4-0 PCC team whom I assure you will be the best team you see.
Breathitt Co.,Franklin Co,and Montgomery co. Vs PCC,P-burg and Ashland. Of cource that's is a matter of opinion but it really just doesn't even sound right.The Bobcats are a good team year in and out. I will give you that. I would have my doubts they could handle PCC this year and the other two speak for themselves.Anyway see you in Letcher on Friday.
PCC 35-Breathitt 31,P-burg 28-Montgomery Co.27 and Ashland 34-Frankfort 28. All from Cal Preps.com. Too much time on my hands. Just got to have a little fun. Looking forward to going back to Letcher as I have many friends there.
Pages: 1 2 3