Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Somerset vs Breathitt 9/16
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Which team will remain undefeated after friday night?
Tough to say. Should be a great close game. Maybe a slight edge to Breathitt since it is a home game. A couple of point either way. Hope to see this one live.
Breathitt is basically the same team that faced Somerset in the playoffs last year. Lost a couple lineman but that is all.

Somerset had a bunch of seniors last year. Who of importance did they lose from the team they fielded in the playoffs last year??
Breathitt should roll in this. Somerset graduated several skill positions last year.
If Breathitts defense can stop somerset then they will win by 12.
I don't see either team rolling in this game. Should be a high scoring affair, but you never know, it could turn out to be a defensive game with a low score. I will give my Bobcats the slight edge to finally knock off the Briar jumpers after two strait years of losses in the play offs. I'll say Breathitt by two touchdowns.
This one is going to be tough for the Jumpers, especially if Storm Wilson isn't ready to go next week. I'll wait til I hear more about his status before I make a prediction. One thing I can defintely predict, the Bobcats will be amped up for this one and if the Jumpers aren't, Storm or no Storm, it's going to be tough for them to get a win.
35-21 Breathitt.
Breathitt by 14
This will be agreat game to watch, I can't wait to see it. If the bobcats come right out of the gate and score a couple touchdowns they should win a pretty good margin(3 Td's), but if they come out sloppy and Somerset defense makes some key stops early, then it should be right down to the wire.

If the Bobcats come out on fire IF the bobcats come out slow
Bobcats-42 Bobcats-20
Somerset-20 Somerset-14
Jumpers need to find some consistancy on O. Big athletic line at Hazard pressured them when they tried to throw from the pocket downfield. Somerset did fine getting off quick hitters but only broke tackes a few times for big gains. Jumpers D looked pretty solid against a good QB with some great WRs. I think this will be biggest test of the season for the Jumpers and the Bobcats are looking for some payback after the last two years in the playoffs. This is the kind of game that will make both teams stronger as the season goes on.

If the refs read the section of the rule book that defines Holding I'll take the Jumpers in another tight one. If they let them play like the playoff game last year, then it could be a long night for the Jumpers.
Somerset wins. Breathitt has played a pretty weak schedule, so far.
Breathitt by 2 Tds!
This is so hard to predict. It will be close either way I do believe. But I'm gonna take Somerset in a dog fight.
Gonna go with breathitt by a touchdown, cause its at home and their offense has big play ability. Anxious to see what the defense can do against a really good team... Breathitt hasnt been tested
Breathitt Co.
breathitt by 3tds.
Breathitt Co.
Somerset 24-21
After seeing BC this last Friday and watching Somerset IMO this will be a TD game either way. BC will be facing a much improved Jumper team from last year. But at same time BC has one of the best backs/Qb combo in the mountains. Will be a very interesting game to watch.
Breathitt Co
Trenches07 Wrote:After seeing BC this last Friday and watching Somerset IMO this will be a TD game either way. BC will be facing a much improved Jumper team from last year. But at same time BC has one of the best backs/Qb combo in the mountains. Will be a very interesting game to watch.

This should be a fantastic game. I'm going with Somerset in a very close one.
Im going with Breathitt. Trent is a hell of a QB and they got some good skill players.
I'm going to have to wait and see if Storm Wilson is ready to go before I make my pick.
The one thing I worry about for the bobcats is their pass coverage on defense, they will be facing one the best wideout in the state. Bobcats usually do really good when they are playing a team that beat them the year before, except with somerset. They have had the bobcats number lately but I think this is the year the bobcats have a little payback.
If Storm Wilson is out, Breathitt wins by 2 TDs, if Wilson plays, i'll still give a slight edge to the Bobcats. Should be a heckuva game either way.
Breathitt's offense is too talented. With or without Storm, Somerset leaves Jackson with a "Loss". Breathitt wins 42-28.
There's absolutely no way a concussion will get Storm out for that game.
Cat Daddy Wrote:Breathitt's offense is too talented. With or without Storm, Somerset leaves Jackson with a "Loss". Breathitt wins 42-28.

42 points is a little bit of an overshoot. I do agree that Breathitt is a great football team, as they were last year, but I can't see them hanging 42 on Somerset (and I've seen every game both have played this season). Trent and Collins are very talented, along with 8, and 83. This Breathitt team may be better than any they've had in the past decade, but the Jumper defense is good as well. Strong possibility 26 for Somerset is back in the lineup this week as well... This game is gonna be a fun one!
this is gonna be one hell of a game. I'll give the edge to Breathitt since it's @ Breathitt. If it was @ Somerset then I'd go with the Jumpers but @ Breathitt. Breathitt wins 25-24
Pages: 1 2 3