Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: most impressive team through week 4??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
RebelPride12 Wrote:I can understand that mindset. We have the same mindset here. Some here feel that had a 2-3 plays been played better defensively this is a completely different ball game. I hope we get a rematch. We love that no one is worried about seeing us again. To be even more honest, I know some who were glad to see we can play with Highlands with this Boyle team, but we have to play a perfect game and we are more than capable of doing that.

I was thinking one kid was a preferred walk-on at UK, one is going to Cincy, and that one or two others besides Towles were going to be playing D-1. Point being, with multiple D-1 players shouldn't they be more impressive?

dam... guess that means we can play with highlands too..... cause im pretty sure we could play with and most likly beat boyle... maybe thats impressive .... or would be impressive .... nah........ would be expected, rather by most, than impressive that lil old 1A could uproot your stupid ass #2(4a)out of your ergonomic leather computer chair (walk away dude just walk away)..........I wish computers could transfer pain cause i would shoot needles through the letters on you key board every time you got ready to type something reguarding a argument.. you said your piece......be a big boy now ...... drop it
ontopofthewest Wrote:dam... guess that means we can play with highlands too..... cause im pretty sure we could play with and most likly beat boyle... maybe thats impressive .... or would be impressive .... nah........ would be expected, rather by most, than impressive that lil old 1A could uproot your stupid ass #2(4a)out of your ergonomic leather computer chair (walk away dude just walk away)..........I wish computers could transfer pain cause i would shoot needles through the letters on you key board every time you got ready to type something reguarding a argument.. you said your piece......be a big boy now ...... drop it

Some things never change. There is always at least one Prick on every thread.
SSTACK, I respect your opinion. They have the talent. I just haven't been impressed, yet. With that being said,
I would love to see them take on one of the top 20 ranked teams in the nation. That would be an exciting game.
sstack Wrote:So, just because they are suppose to be good, means they can't be impressive too? They question was not who is surprising us and impressive, it was who is impressive.

If you a team the caliber of Highlands in order to be impressive you have to knock of top teams on the National level IMO!!! Do you honestly expect anyone on HHS schudule outside of Elder to be able to stay with them? Trinty is playing the very best teams in TN and Ohio and beat them pretty bad thus far.
RebelPride12 Wrote:I can understand that mindset. We have the same mindset here. Some here feel that had a 2-3 plays been played better defensively this is a completely different ball game. I hope we get a rematch. We love that no one is worried about seeing us again. To be even more honest, I know some who were glad to see we can play with Highlands with this Boyle team, but we have to play a perfect game and we are more than capable of doing that.

I was thinking one kid was a preferred walk-on at UK, one is going to Cincy, and that one or two others besides Towles were going to be playing D-1. Point being, with multiple D-1 players shouldn't they be more impressive?

You know you're program is good when you're chastised for only winning by 3 touchdowns against a team that had won a million straight games at their place. Getting beat by 3 touchdowns is a trouncing. Maybe instead of taking a knee in the final minute Highlands should have scored. Perhaps instead of one black eye Highlands should have delivered two. This thread is about what have you done for me lately, not about last year or the years before. Surely being a Boyle fan you’re not going to bring out a different measuring stick since there is now a bigger bully on the block.
NCC41 Wrote:You know you're program is good when you're chastised for only winning by 3 touchdowns against a team that had won a million straight games at their place. Getting beat by 3 touchdowns is a trouncing. Maybe instead of taking a knee in the final minute Highlands should have scored. Perhaps instead of one black eye Highlands should have delivered two. This thread is about what have you done for me lately, not about last year or the years before. Surely being a Boyle fan you’re not going to bring out a different measuring stick since there is now a bigger bully on the block.

Maybe you should go back to page 1 and reread this thread. What different measuring stick are you talking about? I have said repeatedly I expected Highlands to be better than what I saw. Just like I have said Highlands is the best program in the state. Just like I have said Highlands is the second best team in the state. Just like I said it is only week 4 and they have a whole lot of season left to impress me and could do so as soon as this weekend if they best Western by 4-5 tds. I think it is kind of funny that you guys are missing the point.
ontopofthewest Wrote:dam... guess that means we can play with highlands too..... cause im pretty sure we could play with and most likly beat boyle... maybe thats impressive .... or would be impressive .... nah........ would be expected, rather by most, than impressive that lil old 1A could uproot your stupid ass #2(4a)out of your ergonomic leather computer chair (walk away dude just walk away)..........I wish computers could transfer pain cause i would shoot needles through the letters on you key board every time you got ready to type something reguarding a argument.. you said your piece......be a big boy now ...... drop it

We shouldn't be the #2 team in 4A right now. I have said that repeatedly also.

If Mayfield did beat us then yes, that would be impressive. I am always impressed when 1A schools defeat larger top ranked schools. I am sure Tommy Hastings would love that game also.

I wish I had an ergonomic chair. They are very comfortable. Expensive but comfortable.

Anyone who knows me knows that you'll have to kill me to get me away from a good argument. I mean no harm, I just love a good argument and I am sarcastic by nature. If you can't handle that maybe you should walk away....big boy....it is a message board and arguments happen here.

FYI....it's regarding.....not reguarding.....have a good one.:welcome:
NCC41 Wrote:You know you're program is good when you're chastised for only winning by 3 touchdowns against a team that had won a million straight games at their place. Getting beat by 3 touchdowns is a trouncing. Maybe instead of taking a knee in the final minute Highlands should have scored. Perhaps instead of one black eye Highlands should have delivered two. This thread is about what have you done for me lately, not about last year or the years before. Surely being a Boyle fan you’re not going to bring out a different measuring stick since there is now a bigger bully on the block.

For the record, Highlands should have scored in the last minute. That drive was their most impressive drive of the game. Took off the last 6 minutes and straight pounded it down Boyle's throats. They deserved to score on that drive. Never passed it one time.

Also, I am always more impressed when someone gives someone two black eyes instead of one. Isn't everyone?
[QUOTE][dam... guess that means we can play with highlands too..... cause im pretty sure we could play with and most likly beat boyle... maybe thats impressive .... or would be impressive .... nah........ would be expected, rather by most, than impressive that lil old 1A could uproot your stupid ass #2(4a)out of your ergonomic leather computer chair (walk away dude just walk away)..........I wish computers could transfer pain cause i would shoot needles through the letters on you key board every time you got ready to type something reguarding a argument.. you said your piece......be a big boy now ...... drop it/QUOTE]

:lame:
ive seen better trash talk on myspace lol, an i dont even have myspace
RebelPride12 Wrote:For the record, Highlands should have scored in the last minute. That drive was their most impressive drive of the game. Took off the last 6 minutes and straight pounded it down Boyle's throats. They deserved to score on that drive. Never passed it one time.

Also, I am always more impressed when someone gives someone two black eyes instead of one. Isn't everyone?

No, I like the sportsmanship of kneeling the ball down when you already handily beat someone.
sstack Wrote:No, I like the sportsmanship of kneeling the ball down when you already handily beat someone.

For the record, it wouldn't have been unsportsmanlike in my eyes. They were straight running the ball, not passing it, not calling timeout, not running out of bounds to stop the clock. Pure running plays and the defense couldn't stop them. Punch it in, the o-line deserved it. I was impressed with that drive.

I wouldn't have been mad or taken it the wrong way. Plus, I am one who subscribes to the 'defense should stop them theory'. There is no such thing as running up the score when playing an evenly matched opponent. If it ain't a running clock..... it ain't running it up.

Just my opinion.
RebelPride12 Wrote:Maybe you should go back to page 1 and reread this thread. What different measuring stick are you talking about? I have said repeatedly I expected Highlands to be better than what I saw. Just like I have said Highlands is the best program in the state. Just like I have said Highlands is the second best team in the state. Just like I said it is only week 4 and they have a whole lot of season left to impress me and could do so as soon as this weekend if they best Western by 4-5 tds. I think it is kind of funny that you guys are missing the point.

Are you impressed now? I told you the Highlands team you saw in week one is improving by leaps and bounds each week. They still had some fumbles and penalties tonight, so I still see them improving more. They are going to steam roll 4A competition. No disrespect to your team or others, this HHS team is just head and shoulders better than the rest of 4A.
Through week 4......

Trinity, Bowling Green, John Hardin, Highlands.....in that order for me.

Yes, Highlands finally impressed me tonight. Should have been a running clock early in the 2nd quarter on a top 5 team in 4A? Yes, impressed. Plus, after seeing that Trinity beat Elder 56-7 and Highlands 38-6...Highlands earned more respect from me with Trinity's domination of Elder.

Somerset, Garrard County, Perry County Central are others.

Real talk, Trinity is just filthy. Filthy. I hope to see them play this year.
RebelPride12 Wrote:Maybe you should go back to page 1 and reread this thread. What different measuring stick are you talking about? I have said repeatedly I expected Highlands to be better than what I saw. Just like I have said Highlands is the best program in the state. Just like I have said Highlands is the second best team in the state. Just like I said it is only week 4 and they have a whole lot of season left to impress me and could do so as soon as this weekend if they best Western by 4-5 tds. I think it is kind of funny that you guys are missing the point.

RebelPride12 Wrote:Through week 4......

Trinity, Bowling Green, John Hardin, Highlands.....in that order for me.

Yes, Highlands finally impressed me tonight. Should have been a running clock early in the 2nd quarter on a top 5 team in 4A? Yes, impressed.

Somerset, Garrard County, Perry County Central are others.

Real talk, Trinity is just filthy. Filthy. I hope to see them play this year.

This Trinity team might be one of the best if not best KY teams ever.
sstack Wrote:This Trinity team might be one of the best if not best KY teams ever.

I agree. And most return next year, right?
^ No, listening to parts of the game today, it sounds like this is a very Senior laden Rocks squad
RoShamBo Wrote:I agree, I think the Jumpers have exceeded expectations thus far. We'll see how they do tomorrow. Where ya been lc? Hadn't seen you on here in a while.

I was in Florida for about a week.
RebelPride12 Wrote:Also, I am always more impressed when someone gives someone two black eyes instead of one. Isn't everyone?

:biglmao:Yeah, to this day, actually. And I could post a link to the current inmate picture of the last guy to do that to me. But I won't just in case he gets out.Confusednicker:
RebelPride12 Wrote:I agree. And most return next year, right?

Yes. Many of their best players (Quick WR, Hatcher DE, Dawkins RB, Wright QB and others) are juniors and started last year as sophomores.
Can you dig it? Wrote::biglmao:Yeah, to this day, actually. And I could post a link to the current inmate picture of the last guy to do that to me. But I won't just in case he gets out.Confusednicker:

:hilarious:

I have a similar story. The guy who punched me one time and gave me two black eyes is in jail also. Never knew until then one punch can make two black eyes.
RebelPride12 Wrote::hilarious:

I have a similar story. The guy who punched me one time and gave me two black eyes is in jail also. Never knew until then one punch can make two black eyes.

His name wasn't John Hardin was it?
anderson co. will be team that everybody needs to keep a eye on. starting to come back around the rebuilt line looks great they average 6-2 wt270 the offence really looking explosive,defence is looking solid.IT IS HOW YOU GAME COMES AROUND TOWARDS PLAY OFF TIME!!!!!:redboxer:if you dont know those ac boy u better take notice. serously!
laker20 Wrote:His name wasn't John Hardin was it?

Ha. Ha.
I say score early and often.
If a team is up 80 to 0 at halftime and didnt score in the second half, it would be said they displayed great sportsmanship by laying off in the second half, however if a team scores 40 in the first half and then scores 40 in the second half then its considered running up the score when both ways its 80 to 0.
I say blow em out. Rack up as much as you can.
Pages: 1 2 3 4