Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: most impressive team through week 4??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Highlands

Im not sure anyone in the state could play with them.
Hatz Wrote:They ought to, they haven't played a single team with a winning record at this point. :biggrin:

Some people have no idea what goes in to scheduling games. Most of the time you schedule games 2 to 3 years in advance. How can someone know that a teams is going to be really bad or really good unless your Highlands or Trinty or Bell Co. Breathitt has a pretty good schedule this year they have played Letcher Central( who is not that bad, they will suprise some teams by the end of the year, they are very close to be 2-1)Somerset,Hazard,Clay Co. They may not have played top notch teams yet but they have some pretty good teams coming up and I'll guarantee they will go deep in to the playoffs and maybe the state title game. I have said all year the bobcats are a sleeper team this year. Although they have alot to work on to be able get to the finals but their well on their way.
RebelPride12 Wrote:Trinity. Not even close. After that....Bowling Green, then Harlan County and then John Hardin.

Everything else for every team is playing out as expected. You Highlands folks are easily impressed, IMO. I'll be impressed with highlands if they win 4A but for now they have been heavy favorites in every game they have played.....2-0....and delivered. What is so impressive about that?

I agree that it's not even close. Gotta be Trinity.
Both Trinity and Highlands play Elder. Final scores can be a general reflection of a game scenario between these 2 squads.
RebelPride12 Wrote:Trinity. Not even close.

After that....Bowling Green, then Harlan County and then John Hardin.

Everything else for every team is playing out as expected. You Highlands folks are easily impressed, IMO. I'll be impressed with highlands if they win 4A but for now they have been heavy favorites in every game they have played.....2-0....and delivered. What is so impressive about that?

Really? At least you got Trinity right. But, based on your theory, T shouldn't be at the top of the list as those games ended as they were suppose as well. I guess you can go there now that HHS has left 5A (looking at your list). HHS did beat the 2 time defending state 4A state champs at their place. But we won't count that...Confusedinglepar
NCC after losing so many seniors 3 linebackers, safety, D lineman, O losing Running Back Both receivers both wing backs and almost their whole line and losing one that was back in the second game for the year. Yet they are still 3-0 against 2-6A teams and a good Cincinnati Team. They are playing impresive and not looking at what they lost, but using what they have great kids with great coaches.
Not sure what most impressive means but AT THIS POINT, my pick would be Trinity. After that it's Highlands and Bowling Green. All three already have impressive wins on their resumes. If all of them rock through their schedules undefeated, then it will still be Trinity. But there's a lot of football left to played.
walking tall Wrote:NCC after losing so many seniors 3 linebackers, safety, D lineman, O losing Running Back Both receivers both wing backs and almost their whole line and losing one that was back in the second game for the year. Yet they are still 3-0 against 2-6A teams and a good Cincinnati Team. They are playing impresive and not looking at what they lost, but using what they have great kids with great coaches.

I can buy that! After seeing them last week, I left impressed.
RebelPride12 Wrote:Trinity. Not even close.

After that....Bowling Green, then Harlan County and then John Hardin.

They were heavy favorites against Boyle on the road?
Keyplayer Wrote:Really? At least you got Trinity right. But, based on your theory, T shouldn't be at the top of the list as those games ended as they were suppose as well. I guess you can go there now that HHS has left 5A (looking at your list). HHS did beat the 2 time defending state 4A state champs at their place. But we won't count that...Confusedinglepar

I don't know one person who expected Trinity to defeat the two Tennessee teams the way they did. Not one. No one knew what to expect from Trinity and no one expected them to win as convincingly as they did. If anyone did they sure didn't post it in any of the Trinity prediction threads on this message board or the other message board that I frequent. Matter of fact, I don't know of one person who expected Trinity to be up on the oh so impressive Highlands 38-6 before they called the dogs off. Highlands fans were lamenting the fact that James Quick was still returning punts when the score was 38-6. Remember?

Now, onto the oh so impressive Highlands......yes they defeated the 2 time defending 4A state champs, Boyle County, on their beautiful turf field....35-14. That's fine and dandy but in one poll on another message board Highlands was picked in the prediction poll 116-23 to win the game. On this message board Highlands was picked to win by 91 people and Boyle was picked by 15. Boyle fans were ridiculed for picking Boyle to defeat Highlands and now I am supposed to be impressed by a team that beat Boyle by 3 touchdowns(like they were supposed to) and beat Dixie 61-13(like they were supposed to). Like I said, I'll be impressed if Highlands wins 4A and even more impressed if they make everyone in 4A their female dogs. As of now, they have done what is expected of them. That's just not as impressive as Bowling Green getting their first victory over St. Xavier ever as well as being the first public school since 2006 to defeat St. X. It's not as impressive as the beatdowns Harlan County has put on their opponents...2 from out of state with decent history and John Hardin smashing Henry Clay, Meade County(smashing Meade County with less than average offensive output for JH) and defeating a fairly strong LexCath team as well. I just can't swing on the Highlands blueballs like the rtest of you just yet. Wake me up when they win a game they shouldn't win or be favored in.

Until then........:gtfo:

:moon:Confusednicker:
The sad part is...I'll be labeled a Highlands hater(I'm not) and biased because of my allegiance to Boyle and Bowling Green. I say whatever. I wasn't impressed by Boyle at all last year until they held on to defeat LexCath in the playoffs and then went to Bell County and controlled the game from start to finish. That was when I was finally impressed by Boyle County. I am not impressed by teams who are doing exactly what is expected of them and even all of us Boyle fans are not shocked that Highlands beat us at home the way they did and judging by the polls and all of the pregame chatter from Highlands fans(that started in December, BTW) I know no one from Highlands was shocked by the victory and the general feeling amongst Highlands fans is that they'll destroy Boyle IF Boyle is fortunate enough to make far enough for a rematch. All I am saying is you guys are easily impressed by the #16 in the nation according to Massey computer rankings Highlands Bluebirds. Are they that good or are they not? Make up your minds. If they are that good, then no one should be surprised or shocked that they are up 96-27 on Kentucky schools. One of which is 0-3, BTW.....yeah......awesome.....
RebelPride12 Wrote:The sad part is...I'll be labeled a Highlands hater(I'm not) and biased because of my allegiance to Boyle and Bowling Green. I say whatever. I wasn't impressed by Boyle at all last year until they held on to defeat LexCath in the playoffs and then went to Bell County and controlled the game from start to finish. That was when I was finally impressed by Boyle County. I am not impressed by teams who are doing exactly what is expected of them and even all of us Boyle fans are not shocked that Highlands beat us at home the way they did and judging by the polls and all of the pregame chatter from Highlands fans(that started in December, BTW) I know no one from Highlands was shocked by the victory and the general feeling amongst Highlands fans is that they'll destroy Boyle IF Boyle is fortunate enough to make far enough for a rematch. All I am saying is you guys are easily impressed by the #16 in the nation according to Massey computer rankings Highlands Bluebirds. Are they that good or are they not? Make up your minds. If they are that good, then no one should be surprised or shocked that they are up 96-27 on Kentucky schools. One of which is 0-3, BTW.....yeah......awesome.....

Dude ...... Chill Pill ...... take one. ppl have opinons, the thread ask ppl who they thought had impressed them this season. I watched highlands on dish network last week(pretty f-in cool to be on national tv):worthy:. imo they looked pretty impressive. Im not a bluebird fan, they just have a bad ass team and some great players. who gives a shit if they were supposed to win a game or if they were the underdogs or not. And i wasn't at the scrimmage but something tells me that a scrimmage is a game to play to see where one may need to change some things. its a game played for a preseason test to check the players abilitys in their positions given to them. I bet the score from that scrimmage would not reflect the same now. ........... In the end Trinity, Highlands, Bowlinggreen,.......... all of them are impressive...
breathitt no matter who they have played is always impressive there a fun team to watch....and belfry is the same way
ontopofthewest Wrote:Dude ...... Chill Pill ...... take one. ppl have opinons, the thread ask ppl who they thought had impressed them this season. I watched highlands on dish network last week(pretty f-in cool to be on national tv):worthy:. imo they looked pretty impressive. Im not a bluebird fan, they just have a bad ass team and some great players. who gives a shit if they were supposed to win a game or if they were the underdogs or not. And i wasn't at the scrimmage but something tells me that a scrimmage is a game to play to see where one may need to change some things. its a game played for a preseason test to check the players abilitys in their positions given to them. I bet the score from that scrimmage would not reflect the same now. ........... In the end Trinity, Highlands, Bowlinggreen,.......... all of them are impressive...

:eyeroll:

Your comment on the scrimmage alone tells me you haven't been paying much attention to the thought process of Highlands and Trinity fans. This was no scrimmage. I don't care what anyone says. Had Highlands won this scrimmage or even kept it close I guarantee they'd still be chest thumping about it to this day and using it as a feather in their cap towards being the most impressive team this year. I can hear them now..."we almost beat Trinity.....no one else has come close as us."

I am always chill. It's hard to tell through the written word, but I am always chill. That's why I use smilies. I have an opinion also and mine usually seems to be in the minority. Doesn't mean I am raging, I just love to voice my opinion. That's all. My opinion is that I am not impressed by teams doing what is expected of them. Everyone else is. They speak their piece, as you did, and I speak mine. Simple process. That is what this board is for. I lay out facts as to why I am not impressed and await facts or a rebuttal on why I should be impressed with Highlands. I have also seen Highlands live and came away less than impressed as well. It is early in the season though and I expect to see a much better Highlands team next time around. Even Highlands fans say they didn't play good against Boyle County. As of yet, no one has convinced me Highlands is one of the most impressive teams so far this season, but I am listening and waiting to be convinced either by a great point in a rebuttal or by the players on the field. So far, they are doing what they always do. I'll be impressed if no one in 4A can challenge them in November or if they beat another Cincy team but we are in week 3. Lots of football left......:truestory:
RebelPride12 Wrote:I don't know one person who expected Trinity to defeat the two Tennessee teams the way they did. Not one. No one knew what to expect from Trinity and no one expected them to win as convincingly as they did. If anyone did they sure didn't post it in any of the Trinity prediction threads on this message board or the other message board that I frequent. Matter of fact, I don't know of one person who expected Trinity to be up on the oh so impressive Highlands 38-6 before they called the dogs off. Highlands fans were lamenting the fact that James Quick was still returning punts when the score was 38-6. Remember?

Now, onto the oh so impressive Highlands......yes they defeated the 2 time defending 4A state champs, Boyle County, on their beautiful turf field....35-14. That's fine and dandy but in one poll on another message board Highlands was picked in the prediction poll 116-23 to win the game. On this message board Highlands was picked to win by 91 people and Boyle was picked by 15. Boyle fans were ridiculed for picking Boyle to defeat Highlands and now I am supposed to be impressed by a team that beat Boyle by 3 touchdowns(like they were supposed to) and beat Dixie 61-13(like they were supposed to). Like I said, I'll be impressed if Highlands wins 4A and even more impressed if they make everyone in 4A their female dogs. As of now, they have done what is expected of them. That's just not as impressive as Bowling Green getting their first victory over St. Xavier ever as well as being the first public school since 2006 to defeat St. X. It's not as impressive as the beatdowns Harlan County has put on their opponents...2 from out of state with decent history and John Hardin smashing Henry Clay, Meade County(smashing Meade County with less than average offensive output for JH) and defeating a fairly strong LexCath team as well. I just can't swing on the Highlands blueballs like the rtest of you just yet. Wake me up when they win a game they shouldn't win or be favored in.

Until then........:gtfo:

:moon:Confusednicker:

Tell me why you are so impressed with BG's win over St X? What has X done yet to make it a big win? Isn't still too early to be impressed when X has not shown anything yet this year? If X goes onto a poor record this year, does that still make it a big win for BG? You said Highlands did what was expected, but if X turns out to be a average team, than BG did what was expected to. Alot of people picked BG to win and A lot of people (myself included) were not that surprised. Maybe Highlands was suppose to win and did win big. But you asked who impressed the last 3 weeks. In many peoples opinions (people who actually saw all of their games and other top teams in the state) HHS is showing a dominating, hard hitting D, a offense that can go 80 yards in 1 minute, and good special teams. They made mistakes in the first game, and less in the 2nd game. They also showed their depth in the second game. They easily beat #2 ranked 4A team. They are very well coached and prepared for games. I do not know why you get upset with someone being impressed with HHS with above mentioned. What will it take to make you make HHS a HEAVY favorite to win 4A? They play Western this Friday (I believe they are ranked 5TH in 4A); would a 3-4 TD win convince you? They play Cov Cath on the 24th; would a 2-3 TD victory over them convince you? The last 4 years people outside of NKY want to give Cov Cath a lot more credit than they deserve. The have not been a good team and not to sure how good they are this year (O is going to be OK, but poor D). You said call you when they win a game they are not favored to win; the only game they will not be favored to win is Elder. I guess you are just hard to please.
And by the way, Highlands fans did predict Trinity to win like they have been. I even posted in several other threads that HHS coaches stated that Trinity could beat a lot of small colleges. Highlands fans respect good football when they see it!
After sleeping on it I'll be impressed if Highlands defeats Western by 4-5 tds and defeats CovCath by 4-5 tds. I'll be mildly impressed if they defeat both teams by 2-3 tds but I'll also be impressed with Western and CovCath if they keep it that close. I'll be extremely impressed if Highlands defeats or loses to Elder by 10 or less points but I am admittedly going by message board hearsay in regards to how good Elder is. As a player I am very impressed by Patrick Towles and look forward to him taking over at UK if he still decides to go there. Did he sign or verbal? If he went somewhere besides UK I wouldn't blame him one bit.

As for BG, I mentioned earlier that it is BG's first win ever over St. X and BG is the first public school to defeat St. X since 2006. BG has a history of either getting blown out by the likes of Trinity and St. X or coming really close to defeating them. This year they overcame and everyone and I mean everyone I know with BG ties was excited about the win Friday night. BG never wins that game. BG finally did. Impressive. I was very impressed when Highlands beat Cincy St. X a few years back and even though Cincy St. X went on to have an average season that year by Ohio standards it did nothing to detract from Highlands accomplishment of defeating them in my eyes. If St. X has an average year this year it will not make this win any less important for BG. Especially when going into this game St. X was the #2 team in 6A and considered one of the top 5 teams overall in the state. Going by the whole IF thing...all of these teams mentioned could be less impressive IF they all don't finish strong.

I am easy to please and hard to impress. Absolutely. During Larry French's tenure I have been impressed with Boyle County for both Bell County wins, all six LexCath victories, and the Lone Oak game in the state championship. That's 9 games out of 45 wins(20% of the time) under Larry French. I was pleased 45 times. Actually 46(99%) because I was pleased with our loss against Highlands but I was impressed by my Rebels 9 times.

Pleased and impressed are two different emotions for me.
Somerset has been an eyebrows-raising team for me so far as well. I wasn't sure if they would defeat Pulaski County but they absolutely demolished them. I was impressed.
6A) trinity
5A) bowling green
4A) highlands
3A) Louisville Central
2A) Newport Central Catholic
1A) Mayfield
Most impressive. Trinity BY FAR.
Most improved. Perry County Central and Rockcastle Co.
Ive also been impressed with the play of BG and John Hardin, but the strides PCC and Rock have made from a year ago are amazing.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Both Trinity and Highlands play Elder. Final scores can be a general reflection of a game scenario between these 2 squads.

While that is certainly true, you could also look at the game type scrimmage the two played in the pre-season and see that Trinity demolished the Birds to get an even better gauge between the two.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Most impressive. Trinity BY FAR.
Ive also been impressed with the play of BG and John Hardin, but the strict PCC and Rock have made from a year ago are amazing.

I agree with you Run.

Good evaluation.
Jon419 Wrote:Highlands

You must not accept Trinity as part of the state then.
Jon419 Wrote:Highlands

Highlands is good. They may be the second best team in the state.
But we have a team in this state that could hang a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP up this year. They'll easily blow by anyone in this state but Trinity is HEADS above anyone else even playing football right now.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Most impressive. Trinity BY FAR.
Ive also been impressed with the play of BG and John Hardin, but the strides PCC and Rock have made from a year ago are amazing.

Add Belfry & i agree 100%.
RebelPride12 Wrote:The sad part is...I'll be labeled a Highlands hater(I'm not) and biased because of my allegiance to Boyle and Bowling Green. I say whatever. I wasn't impressed by Boyle at all last year until they held on to defeat LexCath in the playoffs and then went to Bell County and controlled the game from start to finish. That was when I was finally impressed by Boyle County. I am not impressed by teams who are doing exactly what is expected of them and even all of us Boyle fans are not shocked that Highlands beat us at home the way they did and judging by the polls and all of the pregame chatter from Highlands fans(that started in December, BTW) I know no one from Highlands was shocked by the victory and the general feeling amongst Highlands fans is that they'll destroy Boyle IF Boyle is fortunate enough to make far enough for a rematch. All I am saying is you guys are easily impressed by the #16 in the nation according to Massey computer rankings Highlands Bluebirds. Are they that good or are they not? Make up your minds. If they are that good, then no one should be surprised or shocked that they are up 96-27 on Kentucky schools. One of which is 0-3, BTW.....yeah......awesome.....

You are special...No where do you mention that BG's opponents accumulative record at this time is 2-7. Those teams have been outscored 252-189. That is "awesome"! HHS opponents are 2-4. Opponents outscored 217-145. As for Harlan, their opponents are a combined 1-3. John Hardin's oppenents are a combine 4-5. This conversation is over. Best of luck this season. You are absolutely correct......:please:
The most impressive teams in the mountains this year are Perry Central, Belfry,Breathitt, and Harlan County.
RebelPride12 Wrote:As for BG, I mentioned earlier that it is BG's first win ever over St. X and BG is the first public school to defeat St. X since 2006. BG has a history of either getting blown out by the likes of Trinity and St. X or coming really close to defeating them. This year they overcame and everyone and I mean everyone I know with BG ties was excited about the win Friday night. BG never wins that game. BG finally did. Impressive. I was very impressed when Highlands beat Cincy St. X a few years back and even though Cincy St. X went on to have an average season that year by Ohio standards it did nothing to detract from Highlands accomplishment of defeating them in my eyes. If St. X has an average year this year it will not make this win any less important for BG. Especially when going into this game St. X was the #2 team in 6A and considered one of the top 5 teams overall in the state. Going by the whole IF thing...all of these teams mentioned could be less impressive IF they all don't finish strong.

I say this as someone that is very impressed with Bowling Green as I knew I would be. I absolutely believe they are the best in 5A and have been championing that for some time. St. X was the #2 team in 6A and one of the top 5 in overall in name only. There were quite a few out in the state already that were doubting them, and that grew after the BG game. I never doubted that Bowling Green was going to win that game.
Perry Central.
Keyplayer Wrote:You are special...No where do you mention that BG's opponents accumulative record at this time is 2-7. Those teams have been outscored 252-189. That is "awesome"! HHS opponents are 2-4. Opponents outscored 217-145. As for Harlan, their opponents are a combined 1-3. John Hardin's oppenents are a combine 4-5. This conversation is over. Best of luck this season. You are absolutely correct......:please:

The conversation is never over......

Let me say this so maybe you'll understand me clearly.........

Highlands is the second best team in the state overall, in my opinion. Highlands is the best team in 4A. Highlands has the best high school football program in the state of Kentucky. Highlands, in my opinion, has not been impressive to me so far this season. That can change as soon as next week if they demolish Western worse than they handled Boyle(the score was more lopsided than the game....that's for sure) and then CovCath on the 24th. As I mentioned, I am not impressed by teams doing what is expected of them. Especially the second best team in the state.

I laid out my reasoning in post 40 why BG, Harlan County and John Hardin impressed me. My post at 8:09am goes into further detail on BG. Go read that post since it seems you missed why they impressed me. Plus if all you Highlands homers are impressed by Highlands beating Boyle and Dixie Heights by all means tell me why I can't be impressed with BG defeating St. X at St. X? Please.....St. X is likely better than Boyle and I would think St. X is better than Dixie Heights. Right........:eyeroll:
Keyplayer Wrote:You are special...No where do you mention that BG's opponents accumulative record at this time is 2-7. Those teams have been outscored 252-189. That is "awesome"! HHS opponents are 2-4. Opponents outscored 217-145. As for Harlan, their opponents are a combined 1-3. John Hardin's oppenents are a combine 4-5. This conversation is over. Best of luck this season. You are absolutely correct......:please:

The conversation is never over......

Let me say this so maybe you'll understand me clearly.........

Highlands is the second best team in the state overall, in my opinion. Highlands is the best team in 4A. Highlands has the best high school football program in the state of Kentucky. Highlands, in my opinion, has not been impressive to me so far this season. That can change as soon as next week if they demolish Western worse than they handled Boyle(the score was more lopsided than the game....that's for sure) and then CovCath on the 24th. As I mentioned, I am not impressed by teams doing what is expected of them. Especially the second best team in the state.

I laid out my reasoning in post 40 why BG, Harlan County and John Hardin impressed me. My post at 8:09am goes into further detail on BG. Go read that post since it seems you missed why they impressed me. Plus if all you Highlands homers are impressed by Highlands beating Boyle and Dixie Heights by all means tell me why I can't be impressed with BG defeating St. X at St. X? Please.....St. X is likely better than Boyle and I would think St. X is better than Dixie Heights. Right........:eyeroll:
Pages: 1 2 3 4