Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: West Virginia to SEC?????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Rumors are running rampent. Stay tuned!!!!!
It would be nice to have a cupcake on the schedule.... LOL
WVU needs to keep dreaming, NO WAY the SEC would take them in.

Virginia Tech. is the best option for the East, with A&M for the West, Texas A&M is a given just as soon as they find a quality team for the East to come with them.
No offense to WVU, but if the SEC is going to expand (which is ridiculous), then they need to go SOUTH and stay away from these border state teams. Lexington should be the northern-most city in the SEC. A couple of years ago or so, I put my own landscape realignment on BGR, sort of a "if I ran college football" type deal..Ill see if I can dig that out...
There is a thread on the gun website im a member of that is from a big 12 fans point of view. Kind of sad. ohh well
Found it..Im not a fan of 16 team conferences. I think 12 is perfect for maximum competition. Be sure to check out my post season idea too.
http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...ealignment
Id like to see Florida St. in the east and A&M to the west, if we do expan, which is a horrible idea.
I would absolutely love to see WVU in the SEC. Then we could laugh at them where there record is worse than ours.
West Virginia really is not a SEC caliber football program. Contrary to what their fans think they really have never been that good.
Stardust Wrote:It would be nice to have a cupcake on the schedule.... LOL
LOL, that's cold!
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I would absolutely love to see WVU in the SEC. Then we could laugh at them where there record is worse than ours.

I don't know..
NO!!!

WVU is too weak, we DO NOT want you.
vundy33 Wrote:NO!!!

:Thumbs:
They could go from winning a Big Least title once every few dozen years to never winning one in the SEC. Doesn't seem like a logical move to me.
Lol Marshalls D-Line was overpowering them most of the night. Thats enough for me.

Maybe in some aspects...but UK is not a Football Powerhouse either and wouldnt be much competition for WVU.
WVU in the SEC is a joke. They better stay in the east.

You sound like SEC Guy.
grim_reminder Wrote:WVU in the SEC is a joke. They better stay in the east.

There are some jokes already in the SEC (unfortunately our Cats are one of them). I'm always up for a good laugh, so let the Neers come in and join the rest of the jokes and let's all get a good laugh!
Stardust Wrote:There are some jokes already in the SEC (unfortunately our Cats are one of them). I'm always up for a good laugh, so let the Neers come in and join the rest of the jokes and let's all get a good laugh!

Listening to the WVU game broadcast during the delay on my trip back home, I heard a couple of interesting comments. One was that "if the SEC or ACC called, WVU had to answer the phone." Another was that if WVU did join the SEC, it would be "a Blue and Gold version of Mississippi State." One thing I do know after following WVU football and basketball for nearly 50 years of my life. IF WVU joined the SEC, it would be a force in both football and basketball. Recruiting in both sports would go up about 3 notches for one thing. Remember, we have already passed the SEC audition by beating Georgia in the 06 Sugar Bowl and beating UK to go to the 2010 Final Four. Many of the arguments you UK fans are making AGAINST WVU I have heard before prior to us knocking off UK to go to the Final Four. Besides, we need another cupcake on our schedule since Moo Tech is going off after next year. UK fits that bill.
WVU would be just like Kentucky. They would have to recruit from other areas. And they would not be any better than UK.
Stardust Wrote:There are some jokes already in the SEC (unfortunately our Cats are one of them). I'm always up for a good laugh, so let the Neers come in and join the rest of the jokes and let's all get a good laugh!

Id like to see how many "Big Time" programs outside the SEC would do any better than UK.
yes we do we need another win
My worries is with the expansion of the SEC how will that affect our football program?
Talks with WVU have started.

IMHO, while WVU has beaten some SEC teams in football they don't have to do it week in and week out. Big difference beating Georgia with a month to prepare, then beating them after playing Tenn., Florida, South Carolina, in consecutive weeks.

Football WVU would become Kentucky.

Basketball wise it would be a great move.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Id like to see how many "Big Time" programs outside the SEC would do any better than UK.

WHO CARES what other programs would do! Seriously, if UK is going to be in a football conference, then WIN damn-it, or get in a conference that you can win in!

You have answered my earlier question, are we just in a football conference to be in one, but we can't win - then get OUT! For 50 years, we haven't competed, then why even have a football team and WASTE the dollars! If we are only happy with a team that plays .500 and that meets our expectations (because it's too hard to play with the BIG boys) then we have set extremely low expectations! Give the money to Basketball!
Stardust Wrote:WHO CARES what other programs would do! Seriously, if UK is going to be in a football conference, then WIN damn-it, or get in a conference that you can win in!

You have answered my earlier question, are we just in a football conference to be in one, but we can't win - then get OUT! For 50 years, we haven't competed, then why even have a football team and WASTE the dollars! If we are only happy with a team that plays .500 and that meets our expectations (because it's too hard to play with the BIG boys) then we have set extremely low expectations! Give the money to Basketball!
:worthy:
Stardust Wrote:WHO CARES what other programs would do! Seriously, if UK is going to be in a football conference, then WIN damn-it, or get in a conference that you can win in!

That football team brings in more than a million a game in ticket sales. I think they are safe. And well we are in the SEC for the ungodly amount of money we get at the end of every year.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:That football team brings in more than a million a game in ticket sales. I think they are safe. And well we are in the SEC for the ungodly amount of money we get at the end of every year.

C'mon PT, I was being facetious about getting out - But there is no excuse to accept that .500 football is good enough. No excuse to say the Cats are just as good as the rest of the mid-level teams in the conference. This team has had YEARS to figure out how to compete and they just can't or won't do it!
Stardust Wrote:C'mon PT, I was being facetious about getting out - But there is no excuse to accept that .500 football is good enough. No excuse to say the Cats are just as good as the rest of the mid-level teams in the conference. This team has had YEARS to figure out how to compete and they just can't or won't do it!

There is no arguing this. :Thumbs:
Stardust Wrote:C'mon PT, I was being facetious about getting out - But there is no excuse to accept that .500 football is good enough. No excuse to say the Cats are just as good as the rest of the mid-level teams in the conference. This team has had YEARS to figure out how to compete and they just can't or won't do it!

Once more there is not enough talent in the state to compete. And we have to use the other's leftovers. I think we could compete but I am honestly thinking the university doesn't want to try.
Pages: 1 2