Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: West Virginia to SEC?????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As for WVU it would be a good conference rivalry for us. One we could win.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Once more there is not enough talent in the state to compete. And we have to use the other's leftovers. I think we could compete but I am honestly thinking the university doesn't want to try.

That PT, is my issue! Do you really think that Idaho or Utah at high school football power houses! Knetucy has more talent than those states and their schools find a way to get lucky with an upset every now and then
Stardust Wrote:That PT, is my issue! Do you really think that Idaho or Utah at high school football power houses! Knetucy has more talent than those states and their schools find a way to get lucky with an upset every now and then

We get better upsets than them I don't want upsets I want to be a team that no one wants to play. I want to play spoiler every year to florida. Although we are known as one of the hardest hitting teams in the SEC.
^ Really? I've not heard that before. Maybe Tebow would say that, but where has that comment been made?
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Remember, we have already passed the SEC audition by beating Georgia in the 06 Sugar Bowl and beating UK to go to the 2010 Final Four.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then. In 2010, WVU stumbled onto that nut...
Stardust Wrote:^ Really? I've not heard that before. Maybe Tebow would say that, but where has that comment been made?

Quite a few times from other coaches, not to mention on the shows that spotlight SEC football. Specifically on FSS. and it is true unfortunatly Id rather be known for great defense not hitting hard.
Most followers are too young to recall, but some serious war-stories will re-surface for Kentucky fans if W. Virginia should join the SEC. There was a time that only Tennessee was a bigger rival for UK basketball than West Virginia during a period more than half a century ago. And perhaps there was never a hotter, more bitterly fought and alarming ending to UK's battle with West Virginia to land King Kelly Coleman. Also, some of great Memorial Coliseum battles involved UK & WVU, especially when a young kid by name of Jerry West played in old UKIT. 2 schools played in football in 1960-70s era and WVU became so fond of Commonwealth Stadium, WVU even copied those plans to build their own. May not be much of history to central & west Ky BBN fans, but those with deep roots to counties in east Kentucky, WVU would be welcomed.
-Oscar Combs, via Twitter.
Thanks for the kudos Aslan.
Did they really copy commonwealth?
[quote=PaintsvilleTigerfan]West Virginia really is not a SEC caliber football program. Contrary to what their fans think they really have never been that good.[/ Kentucky is 11-8-1 vs WVU alltime. What does that tell you about WVU football?
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Listening to the WVU game broadcast during the delay on my trip back home, I heard a couple of interesting comments. One was that "if the SEC or ACC called, WVU had to answer the phone." Another was that if WVU did join the SEC, it would be "a Blue and Gold version of Mississippi State." One thing I do know after following WVU football and basketball for nearly 50 years of my life. IF WVU joined the SEC, it would be a force in both football and basketball. Recruiting in both sports would go up about 3 notches for one thing. Remember, we have already passed the SEC audition by beating Georgia in the 06 Sugar Bowl and beating UK to go to the 2010 Final Four. Many of the arguments you UK fans are making AGAINST WVU I have heard before prior to us knocking off UK to go to the Final Four. Besides, we need another cupcake on our schedule since Moo Tech is going off after next year. UK fits that bill.
Kentucky leads the All-time series vs WVU in football 11-8-1 and Basketball its 17-5 in UK's favor. Has WVU ever won a national title in anything?(Chicken Fighting don't count)Beating a SEC team one game in football is nothing like Play UT, UF, UGA Miss ST. and SC everyear year in and year out! Throw in LSU or Bama or Auburn, some years both you will find out how weak WVU's football program is. Those teams I just spoke of, if they lose a starter they got two 4 or 5 star back ups. If WVU does move to SEC you better hope they get Vandy early before you lose a bunch of starters! Just look what happened to FSU and Maimi when they join the ACC, they were surpose to play each other for the ACC title every year but its been a different story.
From what I seen Yesterday... UK is in no way going to compete again in the SEC in football.
If the SEC does expand like they are talking, and there are 3 teams to come. I would like to see Clemson, Florida State and Georgia Tech. Hate any teams being mentioned any northern than Kentucky already is and any team from Va. I wish it would stay just like it is!
We need to be in Conference USA by all means...Thank God for the basketball success or we would be OUT!
Pages: 1 2