Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfy @ Henry Clay 9/2/11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Belfry played good at times against Harrison, but the task will be much tuffer next week, i watched some of HC game with BG, they have good speed on ball size of the ball and a big nose guard that stands up alot,if Belfry can get off the ball well and hit the holes fast they could have a chance to run on them,HC looks faster on defense the what Central did last year,Belfry was able to run on them but laid it on the ground to much to put up any points...they will have there work cut out off them,even though this is probally a weaker HC team than most yrs...
Pirates by 6
Stardust Wrote:Pirates by 6

i like your thinking, i am as big a Belfry fan as there is and i dont know about that,lol
Rooting for Belfry, but it is a tough match-up.

Henry Clay - 31

Belfry - 23
Belfry-28
HC-16
No way HC starts season 0-3
Tailback44 Wrote:Belfry-28
HC-16

if Belfry scores 28 against them, then watch out for the rest of the year,cause they have more all around more team speed: than Central does from what i seen last night when HC palyed BG..I hope they do, cause then they got good chance at winning..TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho
The offensive line must must be more aggressive and stay with their blocks if they win this one.
not enough input here, come on pond creek..
Henry Clay 21+
Gonna go with my Pirates!

Belfry 35
Henry Clay 28
Belfry will have to play a nearly flawless game in relation to how they usually perform this early in the season. Henry Clay will be bigger, faster, more explosive, and on top of all that they will be playing mad.

The Pirates hopes for an upset rest squarely on their ability to execute and thus be able to control the clock. Belfry will also need to generate some offense out of their passing game to open up the box a bit. Additionally, the Pirates have to improve in their kicking game. The missed XP's and unfavorable field position could be a killer.

The one thing Belfry has going for them is they are much more equipped in the secondary to handle the athleticism of the Blue Devils' offense. Don't be mislead by HC's 0-2 start, Bowling Green and John Hardin are both amongst the Top 10 overall teams in the state.

Right now:
Henry Clay 28
Belfry 12
Henry Clay by 16
Belfry - 28
HC - 21
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Belfry will have to play a nearly flawless game in relation to how they usually perform this early in the season. Henry Clay will be bigger, faster, more explosive, and on top of all that they will be playing mad.

The Pirates hopes for an upset rest squarely on their ability to execute and thus be able to control the clock. Belfry will also need to generate some offense out of their passing game to open up the box a bit. Additionally, the Pirates have to improve in their kicking game. The missed XP's and unfavorable field position could be a killer.

The one thing Belfry has going for them is they are much more equipped in the secondary to handle the athleticism of the Blue Devils' offense. Don't be mislead by HC's 0-2 start, Bowling Green and John Hardin are both amongst the Top 10 overall teams in the state.

Right now:
Henry Clay 28
Belfry 12

i am with on that,if they dont turn the ball over,and the line will get aggressive, and the backs hit the whole fast,they should move the ball,but they will have to score..
Belfry only gave up 164 total yards to Harrision Co. in week 1 and 60 or 70 of that came on a single play. That said, Henry Clay will field more size and far more speed that Harrison. If Belfry has a shot, i think it would have to be a low scoring contest.

I sure hope I am wrong but I something along the lines of 35-14, with Henry Clay scoring on a lot of home run plays.

I will be in attendance - and Cant wait!
Henry Clay 26-20.
Belfry 22-21
Henry Clay.
Anyone know much about what kind of systems Henry Clay runs? I feel like they try to be balanced on offense with sort of a I-form offense - but with the ability to spread it some too.

4-3 defense?

How are they Henry Clay studs? Strengths and weaknesses?
Pirates by 13..
You can't never count the pirate's out so im going withConfusednicker:

Pirate's=21
Henry=20

But it's going to be a battle for sure,Hope the big B pull's it out!

Gl2u Pirate's:biggrin:
going with the Pirates in a close one.
Belfry by 2 TDs. That Robinson kid really impressed me last week.
Wow... Lot of belief from local team's fans.

I hope all of you guys are right! I am far less sure Belfry can really compete with a perrenial top 8 6A school.

Everyone knows John Hardin is #2 in 5A and Bowling Green is #1 in 5A right?
BUT, I came away really impressed with Belfry too last week. Robinson looked really talented out there, but so did the Soph. Justin Johnson IMO. They both looked like quality Belfry TB's. And I KNOW Willis is gonna be there.

Question of course is whether the DE's in the 5-2 and the inside backers can run with the Henry Clay athletes. Ghormley has obviously built his body in between last year and now this, his junior year. But can he, Mullins and the DE's play in space well enough to stop the inner city school of athletes?
PaytoPlay Wrote:BUT, I came away really impressed with Belfry too last week. Robinson looked really talented out there, but so did the Soph. Justin Johnson IMO. They both looked like quality Belfry TB's. And I KNOW Willis is gonna be there.

Question of course is whether the DE's in the 5-2 and the inside backers can run with the Henry Clay athletes. Ghormley has obviously built his body in between last year and now this, his junior year. But can he, Mullins and the DE's play in space well enough to stop the inner city school of athletes?
Hmmm. Code?
Belfry is tough this year but I think Henry Clay gets them by a couple TDs
No Panther Thunder - just meant an inner city school with lots of students and tons of great athletes to chose from.
Henry Clay 21
Belfry 7
Pages: 1 2