Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell 35 Greenup County 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final
A little sloppy but kind of a typical opener. The defense must improve.
It was about what I expected. Disappointed that Davidson had no touches. Russell also won the cramp and puck part of the game hands down. Russell plays Ashland next week and our guys are out of shape. I have never seen so many kids take themselves out of a game a we had tonight.

Russell did look okay for the first game. They will improve as the season goes on.
Your wrong on Russell playing Ashland next week, they play Ironton and boy they looked good from what I seen on the news.
^ Is Ironton as good as Ashland
Not for sure but they looked really good on the highlights on the news, they looked big also.
Congrats to the Devils tho, now it's time to get ready for the Tigers from across the LITTLE creek.
I talked to my good friend from Ironton tonight and this is what he said.

The Tigers have size.Three guys close to or over 300 pounds
A 200 plus pound back that reminded him of a young Jim Brown
A defense that might be one of the best his team has had in a while
More team speed then he has seen in a while
looks like the same ole russell, no size up front on the d line, got chewed up for some big yards, greenup didnt even have a passing game so they knew the run was comming. On offense it was pretty plain, thomas left and right, i feel sorry for the kid the next couple of games, unless ivan wasnt showing his hand the kids got a rough couple of weeks comming up. It looks like googie can throw a decent ball if he has time. i just hope ivan opens it up some not to give them a chance the nex two weeks, but to keep their backs from getting hurt, ihope im wrong but it isnt going to be pretty.
DEVIL89 Wrote:Your wrong on Russell playing Ashland next week, they play Ironton and boy they looked good from what I seen on the news.

I had Ashland on my mind for some reason. If Russell comes out like they did tonight it could be 35 zip at half.
New qb and they ran the same play all night because Greenup never stopped it. I think you will see a little more diversity from the offense next week. I am afraid it might not matter. To answer the earlier question, yes Ironton is better than Ashland.
Isn't Ironton better than Ashland 99% of the time ? Smile
Yes, but their better than Russell 99.9% of the time.
Wow, with how bad everybody was saying Greenup would be this year and how much improved Russell would be, this score doesn't bode well for Russell later on in the season when the schedule toughens.
Russell had 350 yards rushing and another 50- 60 passing. It was a very conservative 1st game. Russell will be fine. Greenup is not terrible. I'll even go out on a limb and say they beat Raceland in two weeks when they play again.
Greenup will not beat Raceland again in the next 8 years!
that's right Wrote:Greenup will not beat Raceland again in the next 8 years!

That's a very bold statement !!
that's right Wrote:Greenup will not beat Raceland again in the next 8 years!

Confusednicker: Give me some of that kool aid.
I'm telling you, don't be surprised if Greenup beats Raceland in two weeks.

Unregistered

FBALL Wrote:I'm telling you, don't be surprised if Greenup beats Raceland in two weeks.

32-21 greenup
36-14 Greenup
FBALL Wrote:I'm telling you, don't be surprised if Greenup beats Raceland in two weeks.

I would have to agree with you. I think Greenup has some work to be done. I also will be picking Greenup.
FBALL Wrote:New qb and they ran the same play all night because Greenup never stopped it. I think you will see a little more diversity from the offense next week. I am afraid it might not matter. To answer the earlier question, yes Ironton is better than Ashland.

Fball have you actually seen ironton or Ashland this year?? Or is this speculation on both counts. :dontthink
Haven't seen either this year yet. Know what both have comming back though. I'll stick with the tigers being the badder cat.
Congrats Russell!!
FBALL Wrote:Russell had 350 yards rushing and another 50- 60 passing. It was a very conservative 1st game. Russell will be fine. Greenup is not terrible. I'll even go out on a limb and say they beat Raceland in two weeks when they play again.

This should be a no brainer every year. Just as the Ashland game. We get lucky against a tomcat team every now and then. When the tomcats are down and we are loaded as for 1A schools. Then we win by 3 or 4 points. To be writing Greenup Co may just beat the big RAMs this year tells me something about 4A GC football year in year out.
Proud Ram Fan 1168 Wrote:This should be a no brainer every year. Just as the Ashland game. We get lucky against a tomcat team every now and then. When the tomcats are down and we are loaded as for 1A schools. Then we win by 3 or 4 points. To be writing Greenup Co may just beat the big RAMs this year tells me something about 4A GC football year in year out.

GC doesn't have the number of players that Ashland has not even close. GC will make it 3 straight wins against your mighty rams this year.
grim_reminder Wrote:GC doesn't have the number of players that Ashland has not even close. GC will make it 3 straight wins against your mighty rams this year.

Thats just how GC get 75% of the wins each year. Playing 1A schools. That way they have a chance to win five games every now and then.

Seems to me the population of the schools must be somewhat close. Both are 4A arn't they??
Proud Ram Fan 1168 Wrote:Thats just how GC get 75% of the wins each year. Playing 1A schools. That way they have a chance to win five games every now and then.

Seems to me the population of the schools must be somewhat close. Both are 4A arn't they??

Your wrong on this one. Greenup has a much harder time getting kids out. Ashland is a city school with a traditional following. Greenup County, even though in existance since the mid 1970s, is still very much a fractured school system. South Shore, Wurtland, Load, Oldtown, it is wide spread and still very factioned. Then there is the simple geography of it. Some of these kids spend all most as much time on buses as they do in the classroom. Yes they have the athletes but there is an array of problems that Ashland or Russell or Raceland just don't have.
FBALL Wrote:Your wrong on this one. Greenup has a much harder time getting kids out. Ashland is a city school with a traditional following. Greenup County, even though in existance since the mid 1970s, is still very much a fractured school system. South Shore, Wurtland, Load, Oldtown, it is wide spread and still very factioned. Then there is the simple geography of it. Some of these kids spend all most as much time on buses as they do in the classroom. Yes they have the athletes but there is an array of problems that Ashland or Russell or Raceland just don't have.
Nailed it. We have problems that without dozing the current high school and going back to McKell and Greenup/Wurtland as separate high schools, those problems will never be fixed. GCHS is still one of the dumbest moves anyone in authority ever made.
Pages: 1 2