Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: The Killing Of School Spirit In Floyd County
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Well how about this.. the fight between SF and Pburg was at a Freshmen/JV game, and was between parents, it has nothing to do with the students, the parents are banned from all games inside the county.. but although Pburg has never fought any other time, the students are still punished?
I think the persons involved (regardless of which school they are for) should be punished/disciplined. But the entire school/student body should not be punished for the acts of a few.
the board needs to let the students have fun. high school sucks bad enough. it sounds like the powers that be in flo co need to start having a little school spirit of their own. they need to get out of their offices and in to the schools. if they would set a example who knows..........................:graduate:
OMG that is terrible why would they want to make the fans not paint up our school system loves to see us painted up for a big game
Its not painting the body that we cant do its just we cant show our body...we must keep outr shirt on at all times....we can paint our face and arms and whatever else
"ALLSPORTFAN" Wrote:That is your opinion on the SF and BL fight. SF says the ex-student (the only BL person involved) started it and he (the ex-student) says he was jumped after he went to the bathroom and spoke to a SF girl. So, who really knows. All I know is that I was at the game and that was the only person from BL that was involved in the altercation. I personally think SF got more in trouble because of all the arguments and pushing that went on with only SF people after the 1st one was broke up.

My opinion is that each school should get to have a pep section and support their team as long as they do that and not try to start something with the other side. Cheer for your team and leave it at that, after all that is what a pep section is for.

You Might Want To Check With The Young Man Again. It Was My Understanding That The Ex-BL Student( Dating A Student From SF ), And The Ex-Boyfriend ( Ex-SF Student ) Were The Ones Originally Involved In The Incident That Occured After Both Teams Had Left The Floor. However, This Is Not What This Thread Is About. It Is Abut Equal Treatment For All Schools.:Skull03: :rules:
"Watermelon32" Wrote:I want to know why everyone's jumping on to Betsy Layne?... At the South Floyd game, as i remember, south floyd fans absolutely FLED the floor after the game.. and Someone threw a punch at justin collins(bl) and then a few of the "crazies" actually went CRAZY and starting acting really stupid. No betsy layne should not be on probation... Betsy Layne has shown nothing but class at these games and i believe everyone needs to calm down instead of trashing other schools because of their poor display of sportsmanship.

First, Did You Forget About The Football Game AT BETSY LAYNE, Where There Was A Late Hit ( By A Betsy Layne Player ) Delivered Out Of Bounds That Started And Incident There. There Was Also A "Pop Bottle" Thrown From The Betsy Layne Crowd And Hit A South Floy Player When The Teams Were Shaking Hands After The Game. But This Thread Is About Equal Treatment For All Schools In Floyd County. Seems Like Different Rules Exsist For Different Schools.:Skull03: :rules:
"WOW" Wrote:I'm a little confused on this. A few people are asking why SFHS and PHS are being punished and BLHS and ACHS are not. Can anyone tell me what any of the 4 schools did or were accused of doing? I've read a little bit one here and in the FCT times about fighting.

SFHS and PHS at a Freshmen/JV boys basketball game.
SFHS and BLHS at a Varsity game boys basketball game.
What exactly did ACHS do? I've not seen anything on here conerning them about a fight or anything. Of course with the numer of threads and posts- I certainly could have missed it. Are these "censors" a result of the fights?

What About The Incident At Betsy Layne Involving The FootBall Teams
What About The Conduct Of The AC Student Body At The "All A " During The Paintsville Games. :Skull03: :confused: SFHS And PHS--Involved Parents---No Players
SFHS And BLHS-----Ex-Students From Both Schools Why Weren't The Other Schools "Censored" Also For Their Behavior?????
"rebel mom" Wrote:Did the fans not taunt Johnny first? High school b-ball games should be a family thing. Ive had children in the Floyd Co. school system for alot of years. Ive had ballplayers,cheerleaders and dancers. This is the worst I have ever seen it. This kind of behavior should not be tolerated.Not from anyone no matter where they go to school.

Question, Rebel Mom. What About The Chant " Who's Your Daddy " The The AC Student Section Directed Towards The Williams Kid From Paintsville That Had Lost His Father In A Terrible Accident Two Years Prior, At The All "A". It Seems That Directing This Towards A Player That Had Lost A Parent Is Far Worse Than A Student Pep Section Directing Chants Toward An "Adult" ( Without Any Reference To A Devestating Personal Tragedy) That Is Just My Opinion.:Skull03: :confused:
"OldAndDecrepit" Wrote:Question, Rebel Mom. What About The Chant " Who's Your Daddy " The The AC Student Section Directed Towards The Williams Kid From Paintsville That Had Lost His Father In A Terrible Accident Two Years Prior, At The All "A". It Seems That Directing This Towards A Player That Had Lost A Parent Is Far Worse Than A Student Pep Section Directing Chants Toward An "Adult" ( Without Any Reference To A Devestating Personal Tragedy) That Is Just My Opinion.:Skull03: :confused:
Does anyone know for sure the reason that chant was started? I have heard it at more than one game this year. I think that chant was just one that lots of schools do. Then out of the blue someone thinks it was directed to one player. Do you belive that every person who was doing the chant knew about it and did it on purpose? Or is it something that someone thought of and decited that it was being done for that one player?
"BasketBallonlyfan" Wrote:Does anyone know for sure the reason that chant was started? I have heard it at more than one game this year. I think that chant was just one that lots of schools do. Then out of the blue someone thinks it was directed to one player. Do you belive that every person who was doing the chant knew about it and did it on purpose? Or is it something that someone thought of and decited that it was being done for that one player?

From What I Have Read Onsite, The Williams Kid Had Grown Up With A Lot Of The Students That Go to AC. Even Played Little League With A Lot Of Them, So I Think That It Would Be Safe To Say That They Knew About His Situation. :Skull03: Sad
"jayblackcat2006" Wrote:It wasn't a good question. In this sort of question you cannot suspend disbelief. It is utterly obvious that in every crowd there will be kids who are quite immature, and then there are the kids who have great school spirit and give their team everything they have. Should the actions of two or three kids call for punishment of upwards of 200?

No, it shouldn't, but it's up to the administration at the paticular school to identify the two or three kids that are causing the problems and deal with them!
I have to ask the same question basketballonly fan brought up-- Was the "who's your daddy" chant directed at Williams or was it just a chant. I've heard that same chant done by different schools in different sports. Did the fans shout "hey Williams, Who's your daddy"? A few years ago it was very popular with volleyball and softball teams in the area. Just a few weeks ago another 15th region school chanted it-- to a player on the opposing team -- seems his girlfriend had just had a baby. Or perhaps that too was an innocent chant not intended towards any one player.
The Floyd County School System definantly wants to keep the fans of Floyd County from having fun at the games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
if it wasnt for two of my real good friends being coaches in Floyd County i would never watch another game in the 15th Region in any sport.  The politics and childish inmature behaivour of kids and their parents absolutely disgusts me.  I have been around it all my life, having played in Floyd County and I can honestly say it is getting worse.  "People in charge" and the people with money who influence the "people in charge" have took every bit of enjoyment of watching sports around home. 
This thread was about school spirit....  kids cant even support their teams because they are now banned...  to me that is absurd, especially when they puishment wasnt equally handed out.  School Spirit is slowy leaving and has been for a while now.  by the look of things it aint coming back.
i am a student at prestonsburg high school and after the allen cental game played in P-Burg, every student that attended that game was called to the cafitiria and told not rules but guidelines that should not be crossed not as a rule but as a "show of class", as Mr. George Principle of P-Burg High had said. i believe the thing that got us in the most trouble was that our pep section was chanting "Jonny Martin" LOL the coach of Allen Central, which made it even more funny that he tried to fight one of our fans
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5