Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harlan County 35 Corbin 12 (Scrimmage)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Harlan County flat out dominated this one from start to finish. It could have gotten really out of hand.
Harlan County held Corbin to -28 yards rushing in the first half. Yes, i said negative 28 yards.
Im starting to wonder if i should have put HC as my number one in 5A.
I cant find a box score but the Corbin Times Tribune did list this. I guess they didnt want to put in the box score with it lol.
I knew HC's strong point would be there run defense but thats really good and teams coming up with games against HC better watch how they approach the game.
I didn't get to go to the game last night but my son did and he said that HC was very impressive. He's said the same thing you did runitupthegut about them being number 1 in the state. I did get to read an article on the web late last night about the Corbin coaches point of view on the game and it wasn't good. He said his team didn't come close to being aggressive as he would like them to be on defense and that the o-line didn't block up to par. So,it's looking good for Harlan Co. and not so good for Corbin. The bright side for Corbin is that they can work hard and get better. I'm sure alot of teams would have had a hard time against a powerhouse team like the Black Bears.
Box Score

Black Bears 14 7 14 0
Corbin 0 0 6 6

After scoring the first touchdown of the second half Coach Larkey began to pull his starters out and allowed for the JV and Freshmen players to see some minutes. It wasn't until then that Corbin scored any points.

HC defense was tough and you can't really blame Corbins OF line. HC blitzed hard and made it practically impossible for Corbin to get out of the back field for most of the night.
Dragonsdad Wrote:I didn't get to go to the game last night but my son did and he said that HC was very impressive. He's said the same thing you did runitupthegut about them being number 1 in the state. I did get to read an article on the web late last night about the Corbin coaches point of view on the game and it wasn't good. He said his team didn't come close to being aggressive as he would like them to be on defense and that the o-line didn't block up to par. So,it's looking good for Harlan Co. and not so good for Corbin. The bright side for Corbin is that they can work hard and get better. I'm sure alot of teams would have had a hard time against a powerhouse team like the Black Bears.

He will literally say that every single time Corbin loses a ball game.
Not hating, just stating the facts. It will be the same thing he says when Bell drills them.
ouch
Impressive. The Black Bears are really starting to resemble the M.O. of Larkey's Rockcastle teams of the past.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Im starting to wonder if i should have put HC as my number one in 5A.

Bowling Green's scrimmage tonight against Manual should help give you an indicator on that. In either direction.
DragonFire Wrote:Bowling Green's scrimmage tonight against Manual should help give you an indicator on that. In either direction.

ahh boys...
very impressive.
HCs defense was outstanding when the 1s were going against each other, and on offense, I thought QB Jordy Brewer ran the team very well, and I liked there version of the spread, and like how Jordy got the ball downfield. Overall really just an impressive performance by the Black Bears. When was the last time you saw a team, much less a Corbin team manhandled like the Hounds were last night. Most of the time, in these Grid's you don't see as much separation between teams because of the time played but HC just kept Corbin so off balanced that they kept the ball enough to score 5 times.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Impressive. The Black Bears are really starting to resemble the M.O. of Larkey's Rockcastle teams of the past.

Dont remind us, we miss Coach Larkey at Rockcastle.
former Wrote:Dont remind us, we miss Coach Larkey at Rockcastle.

Truer words have never been spoken.
From what it sounds like, the game was 21-0 and Harlan County's JV came in, before Corbin scored. Is that correct?
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Impressive. The Black Bears are really starting to resemble the M.O. of Larkey's Rockcastle teams of the past.

This team does resemble the 01 Rocket team that made it to the state finals, they just ran into one of Boyle Co's great teams or Coach Larkey would have had a state title to add to his list of coaching accomplishments.
Mountain pride 10 Wrote:This team does resemble the 01 Rocket team that made it to the state finals, they just ran into one of Boyle Co's great teams or Coach Larkey would have had a state title to add to his list of coaching accomplishments.

2002 was a pretty good team too, I think Rock could have won it in 2000 if not for the Highlands team that was the best I ever saw.
Mountain pride 10 Wrote:When was the last time you saw a team, much less a Corbin team manhandled like the Hounds were last night..

Here are the last 5 times Corbin has been out-manned by 3TD's:

2010 vs. Boyle County, 42-10 (Boyle 15-0 won 4A Title)
2010 vs. NewCath, 42-8 (NewCath 13-2 won 2A Title)
2009 vs. LCA, 41-21 (LCA 14-1 won 1A Title)
2008 vs. NewCath, 26-7 (NewCath 13-2 was 2A Runner-Up)
2007 vs. Belfry, 21-0 (Belfry 14-1 was 3A Runner-Up)

The teams who were able defeat Corbin by 3 TD's were a combined 69-6 and all advanced to the State Finals of their respective class.

It is still a scrimmage though mind you. But, something interesting for perspective anyway.
Can I get a "Cubs Win!" out of the Perry County faithful please? :Clap:

BTW saw a pretty good number of the Big Blue Brew Crew faithful from down the road at the game....Your thoughts boys?
Bear_Paw Wrote:Can I get a "Cubs Win!" out of the Perry County faithful please? :Clap:

BTW saw a pretty good number of the Big Blue Brew Crew faithful from down the road at the game....Your thoughts boys?

Harlan is for real---Corbin is overated---BELL will be a victim as well.....:rockon:
highschoolfan Wrote:Harlan is for real---Corbin is overated---BELL will be a victim as well.....:rockon:
Easy there sir, don't be so quick to jump to conclusions. I think most will agree that Bell and Corbin are two totally different teams. But I mean hey if I had been STOMPED every single time I played a team after th ehype was up, i'd be a little sour too!Confusedhh:
DragonFire Wrote:Bowling Green's scrimmage tonight against Manual should help give you an indicator on that. In either direction.

I didnt know those two scrimmaged. Should be a good one. Id like to see that one.
highschoolfan Wrote:Harlan is for real---Corbin is overated---BELL will be a victim as well.....:rockon:

:please:
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote::please:

Another new one talking out of his.....
They were gonna "beat" Bell last year too.
Until anyone beats Bell they cant act like they have or will.
Let's not forget this was just a scrimmage.
^ Which is usually a pretty good indicator......
Bear_Paw Wrote:Can I get a "Cubs Win!" out of the Perry County faithful please? :Clap:

CUBS WIN!!!!.lol
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Another new one talking out of his.....
They were gonna "beat" Bell last year too.
Until anyone beats Bell they cant act like they have or will.

I think we can all agree the gap has narrowed......
Not a dig against Harlan County, but Corbin did look terrible. They looked lost and confused on both sides of the ball. Part of that was Harlan and part was themselves. Harlan is very good and will probably beat bell this year based on what I have seen. Bell has davenport and that is it, which is a lot more than most teams.
[IMG][/IMG]

OH YEAH!!!!!!!

:CheerleadGo Black Bears!!!!:Cheerlead
Great job Bears! I can't wait to see more this year...keep it up!:Cheerlead
The bell-hc game should be very good
idk if hc can keep up with bells speed, and I'm not sure if bell can handle hc's power and aggresivness.
So it's a toss up
what do y'all think, speed or power?
Pages: 1 2