Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: worst and best visiting looker room
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who has the worst and best visiting locker room?
As long as I won on the road, I did not care. A dirt floor and clotheslines were fine.
Yeah but you know when you walk in the looker room and the heat is on and its a hundred degrees.
Hands down without a doubt Lone Oak. The locker room doesn't exist. You either change at Paduca Tillman in the gym or change on the school bus. Halftime takes place in the endzone. What a joke.
Western Hills doesn't have that bad of a visitor locker room, but they have it positioned waaaaaayyy away from the field. Making the visitor team walk it. Most teams don't have enough time to go back in at hgalf and have to stay on the hill behind the field with all the distractions.
fanof87 Wrote:hands down without a doubt lone oak. The locker room doesn't exist. You either change at paduca tillman in the gym or change on the school bus. Halftime takes place in the endzone. What a joke.

wow!
Clay County has the worst visiting locker room lol
It's a hillside
fanof87 Wrote:Hands down without a doubt Lone Oak. The locker room doesn't exist. You either change at Paduca Tillman in the gym or change on the school bus. Halftime takes place in the endzone. What a joke.

Wow. That's terrible.
There's a tie for -worst- among the many schools who don't have one for the visitors.

:ChairHit:
Short of "none," Belfry's old Vippermann Stadium was probably the worst I experienced. We played there twice in mid-November, and it was probably 120 degrees in there both times . . . conveniently located right next to a huge boiler-room.
fanof87 Wrote:Hands down without a doubt Lone Oak. The locker room doesn't exist. You either change at Paduca Tillman in the gym or change on the school bus. Halftime takes place in the endzone. What a joke.

Highlands likewise has to have visiting teams use a gym for the lockerroom. They have a visiting lockerroom, but it's un-useably small for a football team so it's not used.

For what it's worth and lest people think Highlands puts all its money into the home team facilities, the home lockerroom isn't very nice either. Weightroom is a dump compared to what I see most high schools having. It's very, very spartan. Overall, while the stadium is a great place to watch a game, the physical facilities are pretty poor. School board and administration is putting its money into the academic facilities, which makes the most sense to me.

Granted Highlands has a Field Turf surface, but the school didn't put one penny into those installation costs.
Is there jumbotron working 100% now?
cougarpride08 Wrote:Is there jumbotron working 100% now?

I think it was working last year. I always stand in the endzone so I'm not at a position to easily see it. Hence, I'm not certain. That's another thing that the school didn't and couldn't pay for. Privately funded.
When we traveled to a certain school in 2003 we were greeted with a dead rabbit in our locker room shower, let's just say the smell was a little less than bearable. At halftime we went to the playground next to the field instead of dealing with it. The school is no longer in existence. That would probably be my worst locker room experience.
i would have to say that ryle's wasn't too good on account of the locker room just being to small but very clean though. ballards wasnt too good its a room in the school building kind of far from the field. scott county was probably one of the nicest pretty spacious
We went to Powell County and had to change in a classroom, at Bath you use the gym, at Magoffin we changed in their cafeteria. Mason County and Belfry probably have the best visitor's locker rooms I've ever played at.
LClion4life Wrote:We went to Powell County and had to change in a classroom, at Bath you use the gym, at Magoffin we changed in their cafeteria. Mason County and Belfry probably have the best visitor's locker rooms I've ever played at.

That's strange because when we go over there we have a locker room with lockers, white board and everything else. I've never been to Bath so this will probably be my first trip up there. I do have to agree with Magoffin.
My freshman year at Powell we had a locker room, but my junior year we got a classroom.
that's strange because last year our JV went over there and they had a locker room
Hmm, idk.
I believe if the venue has a locker room or gym for the visiting team to use, and it's fairly close to the field, then it's good. Don't really have a favorite, but the most interesting one ive been was Frankfort's. It's got a fireplace
toussaints Wrote:but the most interesting one ive been was Frankfort's. It's got a fireplace
That's probably the coolest thing I've ever heard. haha
RoShamBo Wrote:When we traveled to a certain school in 2003 we were greeted with a dead rabbit in our locker room shower, let's just say the smell was a little less than bearable. At halftime we went to the playground next to the field instead of dealing with it. The school is no longer in existence. That would probably be my worst locker room experience.

The onlything I could think of that would make that story any funnier is if you had played for Somerset Briar Jumpers...lol. LMAO @ dead wabbit! :Clap:

Bell County's old school locker room was pretty bad. I seem to remember it had one 60watt bulb and it was blown.
I liked Russell's visitor locker room too before they tore down the fieldhouse completely this offseason to build a new one. It really had some sort of a "football-feel" to it.
Is Rockcastle the only place that has a visitor's locker room close to the field?
Bear_Paw Wrote:The onlything I could think of that would make that story any funnier is if you had played for Somerset Briar Jumpers...lol. LMAO @ dead wabbit! :Clap:

Bell County's old school locker room was pretty bad. I seem to remember it had one 60watt bulb and it was blown.

Oh but I did play for the Briar Jumpers. So you see, an exceedingly clever prank haha:lmao:
LWC Wrote:Is Rockcastle the only place that has a visitor's locker room close to the field?

Collins has their home and visitors locker rooms next to each other just north of the end zone.
Henry county built a new field house complete with turf room, visitors and home locker room, and a weight room right next to the field.
LWC Wrote:Is Rockcastle the only place that has a visitor's locker room close to the field?

Somerset's visitors use the middle school locker room which is in the Somerset field house along with the home locker room. Both are right next to the field. It's a pretty good visitors locker room from my experience. Both teams walk up parallel steps about 30-40 yards apart to get up to the field, which can make for some pregame tension if both teams take the field at the same time. It's a pretty cool setup IMO.
RoShamBo Wrote:Somerset's visitors use the middle school locker room which is in the Somerset field house along with the home locker room. Both are right next to the field. It's a pretty good visitors locker room from my experience. Both teams walk up parallel steps about 30-40 yards apart to get up to the field, which can make for some pregame tension if both teams take the field at the same time. It's a pretty cool setup IMO.

I liked their facilities in my one and only time in the visitors locker room there. Except at halftime the door was locked and as we were trying to get in some local kids/fans threw eggs at us. Bad mistake on their part. :Thumbs:
Pages: 1 2