Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: worst and best visiting looker room
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
LWC Wrote:Is Rockcastle the only place that has a visitor's locker room close to the field?
The visitors at Pikeville are probably closer than Pikeville (albeit a few feet).
I remember playing against Frankfort in 1984 at Frankfort. I seem to remember their locker room looking like a dungeon. The building looked like a castle and was pretty old and was made of stone?...or cement and block? I can't remember the fireplace. I've told my son about that before in the past and suprise, suprise, looks like he gets to visit the old locker room this fall when we travel up there....twenty-seven years later. I guess they still use the same facilities and if they do, it will be an interesting trip.
Panther Thunder Wrote:That's probably the coolest thing I've ever heard. haha

Their visiting locker room is seriously an old house. Im guessing that's where the Sower family lived before they donated the land for the football field. Now im pretty sure they havent used the fireplace in a very long time, but it was still pretty cool, you could kind of map out where every room was. Sower Field is an intresting place to watch and play a football game.
LWC Wrote:Is Rockcastle the only place that has a visitor's locker room close to the field?

After years of giving the opposing teams and their fans the shaft in terms of locker rooms and seating, Belfry made it a point to make up for it when CAM Stadium was built. The visitor locker room is very nice and closer to the field than the home locker room.
toussaints Wrote:Their visiting locker room is seriously an old house. Im guessing that's where the Sower family lived before they donated the land for the football field. Now im pretty sure they havent used the fireplace in a very long time, but it was still pretty cool, you could kind of map out where every room was. Sower Field is an intresting place to watch and play a football game.

Actually the visiting locker room at Frankfort is the old Board of Education building. Frankforts locker room is the old Bellepoint School.

A lot of history at Sower Field. I think it is one of the coolest places to watch a high school football game.
I do agree with you man.You picked the right one.
As much as i like our stadium I have always been embarrassed by our visitors locker room.. it reminds me of a small closet. Other around here i don't like Is Bell County the visiting team has to go all the way across the field through all the Bell County fan and under the home side before the game and at half time.
This post reminds me of a story. Corbin came to Evarts in 1982. They got off the "charter bus" and began walking around the football field picking up rocks and throwing them off of the field. We had a flood in 1977 and the field was covered in rock. Anyway, one player looked at another and said "can you believe all of these rocks? The other said " I'm not worried about all the rocks, look at the brick walls in the end zones"!! The locker rooms were right next to the field! Corbin won 26-0!! :HitWall:
Wow.This is terrific.No words for this.
Pages: 1 2