Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Buckhorn vs. Perry Central (54th District 1st Round)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thoughts/Predictions?

I look for this to be a great game. Possibly the best of the tournament. It stinks that one of these teams, which I feel both are very, very deserving, are not going to region. This game at 'Horn, Buckhorn wins; but the game's at Perry so Perry wins it in a close one.

Perry Central - 56
Buckhorn - 53
I believe Perry Central will come out on top in this game. Perry Central is still one of my top 12-15 teams in the state.
Perry by 7

Perry 57
Buckhorn 50
Perry 49
Buckhorn 44

I'm pretty nervous for this one. After 2007 i'll never consider Buckhorn a gimme ever again, especially this year.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Perry 49
Buckhorn 44

I'm pretty nervous for this one. After 2007 i'll never consider Buckhorn a gimme ever again, especially this year.

:Thumbs:
Hatcher won't let Day run wild. Hopefully the officials keep this one in control and don't let Buckhorn get away with all those cheap shots, like they did last year.

Perry - 52
Buckhorn - 41
Aslan Wrote:Hopefully the officials keep this one in control and don't let Buckhorn get away with all those cheap shots, like they did last year.

All depends on who is calling the game, certain ones won't call anything and it will be a all out brawl. If the Crook is calling, well he has called a lot of Buckhorn games this year, threw out Olinger from Hazard for nothing the day before they were supposed to play Buckhorn, surprise Buckhorn wins. It's untelling what will happen, just hope it is fair for both teams.
This game will be a close one. Perry wins by 5. Id like to see Buckhorn come out with the win but I dont think they can.
PCC by 10
The cheap shots from last season went both ways!

Of course I am pulling for Buckhorn in this one but I think PCC is playing better than anyone else in the region right now. Plus this one is at PCC which is a hard place to play Buckhorn is more than capable of winning and it kills me to say it but PCC by 9.
Noble won't let Di. Cornett run wild. Hopefully the officials keep this one in control and don't let Perry Central get away with all those cheap shots, like they did last year.

Perry - 41
Buckhorn - 38
Benchwarmer Wrote:Noble won't let Di. Cornett run wild. Hopefully the officials keep this one in control and don't let Perry Central get away with all those cheap shots, like they did last year.

Perry - 41
Buckhorn - 38

Yes he will Wink
Perry wins by around 10...
and I'm sure the refs will be warned that this one got out of hand last year.
What happen last year?
Buckhorn in a SHOCKER
Bluecat Wrote:The cheap shots from last season went both ways!

Of course I am pulling for Buckhorn in this one but I think PCC is playing better than anyone else in the region right now. Plus this one is at PCC which is a hard place to play Buckhorn is more than capable of winning and it kills me to say it but PCC by 9.
Oh no, take the purple shades off, that was all Buckhorn. Perry didn't retaliate because they feared being suspended for the district championship.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Noble won't let Di. Cornett run wild. Hopefully the officials keep this one in control and don't let Perry Central get away with all those cheap shots, like they did last year.

Perry - 41
Buckhorn - 38
Buckhorn has no size to stop either Cornett.
guardtheball Wrote:What happen last year?
Buckhorn was down big and their tempers got the best of them.
Stardust Wrote:Buckhorn in a SHOCKER

Cmon Dust!
If the game was any where else, Buckhorn wins. Since at PC.

Perry Central-55
Buckhorn-51
Buckhorn with the upset..really hope im wrong!
^

I'd like to see you be right King, I'd never want you to be wrong. Big Grin
Come on now MVP..you know you want to see the Dores bustin into Rupp!
guardtheball Wrote:What happen last year?

PCC started playing real dirty shoving and pushing Buckhorn players. And starting the jawing with Buckhorn.
Benchwarmer Wrote:PCC started playing real dirty shoving and pushing Buckhorn players. And starting the jawing with Buckhorn.

Why lie?
Benchwarmer Wrote:PCC started playing real dirty shoving and pushing Buckhorn players. And starting the jawing with Buckhorn.

I recall a certain Buckhorn player tripping a Perry player. Then cheap shotted him later in the game and, I might be wrong about this, spat on him.
Commodore_Colonel Wrote:I recall a certain Buckhorn player tripping a Perry player. Then cheap shotted him later in the game and, I might be wrong about this, spat on him.

You recall that 100% correctly.
I hope buckhorn wins, but it's not going to happen. Buckhorn won by 2 in overtime against knott and roberts didn't play. they have no way to stop the cornetts. Also, Hall of knott co. is a 8th grader and played Day man to man the entire game and shut him down inside. Almost all his point's came from outside.
king360 Wrote:Buckhorn with the upset..really hope im wrong!

Perry - 44
Buckhorn - 40

I really hope I'm wrong!
I really want the Horn to win but with it being at PCC its gonna be very difficult. Go Cats!!!
I hope Buckhorn pulls an upset but I will take Perry Central by 8 in this one. I do agree that the Horn players get out of hand sometimes. Add that to the out of control behavior by the PCC fans and it could be a wild time in the Punkin Palace. With the girls not playing that night maybe Randy Napier can utilize those crowd control skills that he skillfully used in the boys region at PCC a few years ago.
Commodore_Colonel Wrote:I recall a certain Buckhorn player tripping a Perry player. Then cheap shotted him later in the game and, I might be wrong about this, spat on him.

You also forgot about Tyler Mullins getting tagged in the nuts right before he was spit on....
and a crazed Buckhorn fan chucking a drink from that stands at Jordan Amis as he was on a fast break.
The game was pretty much in hand when it went downhill at the end and as Aslan said they kept their cool to keep from being suspended from the following game against Hazard.
This rivalry was EXTREMELY heated last year.
They even rearranged the consolation games of the WYMT tourney so these 2 teams wouldn't play each other after they both lost in the first round.
Mark my words....
If the refs do not call this tight the ENTIRE game it will get chippy.
I am sorry for bringing KCC in but with Davis and Roberts healthy they win region rather easily, but with them out its going to be a cake walk IMO for PCC to play in Rupp. Its a shame to because they are not the best team or neither have a top 5 player in the region, its just that they are so big that no one cane compete with them. Perry and Buckhorn tend to turn ou to be low scoring, I hope I am wrong because Buckhorn deserves this so much more, but PCC wins

PCC-42
hORN-40
Pages: 1 2