Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Buckhorn vs. Perry Central (54th District 1st Round)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
^

Dont know about easily but I agree with CH, KCC would be my pick as well with a heathly Davis. In all honestly I still like Knott chances at winning the region right now the only thing they'll have to worry about is they have to go through PCC and Hazard @ Hazard. My pick is Perry to win region if they escape Buckhorn but KC could shock some people.
Wow, tough break for both of these teams. IMO, they're the two best teams in the 14th Region.
Crazy Horse Wrote:I am sorry for bringing KCC in but with Davis and Roberts healthy they win region rather easily, but with them out its going to be a cake walk IMO for PCC to play in Rupp. Its a shame to because they are not the best team or neither have a top 5 player in the region, its just that they are so big that no one cane compete with them. Perry and Buckhorn tend to turn ou to be low scoring, I hope I am wrong because Buckhorn deserves this so much more, but PCC wins

PCC-42
hORN-40

PCC beat Knott by 20 while Roberts was playing. One man isn't gonna make that big of a difference. If KCC meets PCC in district, PCC wins easily.

How does Buckhorn deserve it more than PCC? Who has Buckhorn beat that counts as a good win? Hazard and Knott. Who has Perry beat? Betsy Lane, Clay County, Johnson Central, @Whitley County. In my opinion, they deserve it more than Hazard, but not as much as PCC.
TheIceman3 Wrote:Wow, tough break for both of these teams. IMO, they're the two best teams in the 14th Region.

I think whoever wins this game, wins region. Or at least goes to the Finals.
Commodore_Colonel Wrote:PCC beat Knott by 20 while Roberts was playing. One man isn't gonna make that big of a difference. If KCC meets PCC in district, PCC wins easily.

How does Buckhorn deserve it more than PCC? Who has Buckhorn beat that counts as a good win? Hazard and Knott. Who has Perry beat? Betsy Lane, Clay County, Johnson Central, @Whitley County. In my opinion, they deserve it more than Hazard, but not as much as PCC.

Has PCC beat anybody that is as good as Henry Clay?? :please: Buckhorn beat them by 10. I'm glad that PCC went and played every 15th region team this year...The weakest region in the state imo..
kryptonite Wrote:Has PCC beat anybody that is as good as Henry Clay?? :please: Buckhorn beat them by 10. I'm glad that PCC went and played every 15th region team this year...The weakest region in the state imo..

I forgot about that game. But that's just one game. Look at there losses, Elliot Co., South Laurel, Harlan County. IMO, Perry beats everyone of them. There's just no way that Buckhorn deserves to win this game more than Perry.
I'm for the B's !!!! BUCKHORN AND BULLDOGS !!!
Commodore_Colonel Wrote:PCC beat Knott by 20 while Roberts was playing. One man isn't gonna make that big of a difference. If KCC meets PCC in district, PCC wins easily.

How about Bullit East? Wouldn't that be a good win for KCC, they are favored to win the 6th. BE would be a better than win than anyone PC has beat all year. BTW KCC and PCC are in different districts.
They are the best 2 teams in the 14th region. Gonna be a great game, I will take the Horn by three 50-47.
KyGurl Wrote:I'm for the B's !!!! BUCKHORN AND BULLDOGS !!!

I'd say you are.
I wouldn't want to play Perry if I were you either Wink
MVP2 Wrote:How about Bullit East? Wouldn't that be a good win for KCC, they are favored to win the 6th. BE would be a better than win than anyone PC has beat all year. BTW KCC and PCC are in different districts.

I never said KCC didn't have any good wins. I was talking about Buckhorn. And thanks for correcting me. No idea why I said districts. lol
WOW!
Letcher Central getting no respect on this thread. I like it that everyone is already putting Knott in the finals against Perry. I guess winning 11 of their last 13 or so didn't turn anyone's heads. I also like the what if's concerning Davis, the last time I checked I don't think he can score to many points for Knott from the bench. I still think that LCC can be a good sleeper and win a couple of games in the region. I do think that Perry is the overwhelming favorite to win the region and go represent for us but I do think that there could be some really interesting games in the regional this year and some people may go home upset.

I do realize that this started out as a Perry/Buckhorn thread but it kind of got off on Perry, Knott, Hazard as the picks to win the region and no mention of LCC so I thought I'd put a few thoughts on here.
Crazy Horse Wrote:I am sorry for bringing KCC in but with Davis and Roberts healthy they win region rather easily, but with them out its going to be a cake walk IMO for PCC to play in Rupp. Its a shame to because they are not the best team or neither have a top 5 player in the region, its just that they are so big that no one cane compete with them. Perry and Buckhorn tend to turn ou to be low scoring, I hope I am wrong because Buckhorn deserves this so much more, but PCC wins

PCC-42
hORN-40

How can one determine if one team deserves to win over the other? Just because you don't like Perry Central, Buckhorn deserves to win. I guess that's where your logic is coming from.
And Knott Central would not be Perry easily. Who does? It don't happen often. With Davis, Knotts chances definitely improve, but they wouldn't walk through the region. Perry beat them by around 20 when they played, the game was never close, I don't think Davis would have made that huge of difference.
Dillion Cornett is definitely a top 5 player in the region, IDK why you wouldn't think he is.
Why talk about strength of schedule when you can just look at the head to head match up Wink
Two very good teams going at it tonight. Should be an exciting game. This one will have a regional tournament atmosphere.
Will not be able to get another person in John C. Combs arena tonight for sure! Can't wait, I'm getting here very early! Just hope it doesn't disappoint everyone with a 18-15 half and a 32-27 final score, which is definitely possible.
I'll be in Hindman tonight, but Good Luck Coach Noble and Buckhorn.
Aslan Wrote:How can one determine if one team deserves to win over the other? Just because you don't like Perry Central, Buckhorn deserves to win. I guess that's where your logic is coming from.
And Knott Central would not be Perry easily. Who does? It don't happen often. With Davis, Knotts chances definitely improve, but they wouldn't walk through the region. Perry beat them by around 20 when they played, the game was never close, I don't think Davis would have made that huge of difference.
Dillion Cornett is definitely a top 5 player in the region, IDK why you wouldn't think he is.

You always say that I make no sense, but Davis brings KCC a great offensive threat and a great defender and a good rebounder. Now he doesn't make up for 20 points offensively, but with him and Roberts healthy, KCC a 10+ better team.
Time is this game?:popcorn:
WALL2WALL Wrote:You always say that I make no sense, but Davis brings KCC a great offensive threat and a great defender and a good rebounder. Now he doesn't make up for 20 points offensively, but with him and Roberts healthy, KCC a 10+ better team.

So KCC is a 30+ point better team with Davis? They lost to Perry by 20 without but would beat Perry by 10+ with him? Cmon. They would be more evenly matched but imo Perry's is still clearly the better team.
Aslan Wrote:So KCC is a 30+ point better team with Davis? They lost to Perry by 20 without but would beat Perry by 10+ with him? Cmon. They would be more evenly matched but imo Perry's is still clearly the better team.

IDK how Knott got brought into this but I need to speak my piece, and this is a good place to do it since the subject has already been brought up.

Knott is no doubt the best team in the region with Davis, and still the most talented without. You can't use that logic to govern how games would turn out or who is the better team, and you know that just as well as I do. Basketball games cannot be predicted by any type of math or equation or logic based on prior games when these two team are as good as they are.

Knott definitely has more talent than Perry (as noticed by others when Slone was awarded Player of the Year, as opposed to Cornet whose only asset is his size), that talent is just poorly executed at times, as seen when KCC played PCC. They didn't match up well at all and could not get their game going. Perry's only offensive weapon against Knott is Dillon Cornett, but my goodness when you are over 6ft and almost 300 lbs, it doesn't take much talent to be good or score as a center, plus it becomes that much harder to score on him. It's not his talent, it is his size they makes him the player he is. KCC has the talent, Perry has the monsters. Talent doesn't always win if it doesn't match up well, but I think if Knott should face Perry again, I pray the coaches have a different game plan in the works. If not, the 14th won't see the most talent win the title, just the team with the biggest players, which won't do you any good at Rupp. I have all the faith in the PATS to pull it through, however.
What a load of crap!
Aslan Wrote:What a load of crap!

hahaha.

That's your reply?

Sadly Davis won't be able to play, and we will never know..but the above post is correct; Knott has ALL the talent. Perry has ALL the size..EXCEPT for Beverly, who more than likely they won't have for long..
Aslan Wrote:What a load of crap!

Lord forgive me but I agree with Aslan. I keep hearing Davis's name and how much talent Knott Central has. Quit using Davis as an excuse. He is not playing. I have not heard one LCC fan make excuses for losses because Kelah Eldridge has been injured in girls basketball and I believe she averaged more points a game then Davis before going down with an injury. Injuries happen all the time so suck it up. Knott has lost to Perry, Letcher, Powell, and Buckhorn. If they have that much superior talent, I do believe they would have won these games.
Oh, I'm not using Davis as an excuse..he's an outstanding kid who got a bad break...Knott still has talent is what I meant.. the 14th region player of the year to be exact..
Pages: 1 2