Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prestonsburg 59 Johnson Central 43
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
"football05" Wrote:OK I am very PLEASED with this thread and have to give a SHOUT OUT TO all of the JOHNSON CENTRAL posters on here.....I am very glad to read this thread and not have to worry about it getting out of hand GREAT SPORTSMANSHIP guys keep it up......did anyone else notice this?

Yeap.. I did.. they all acted very mature.. :thumb:
yea I am pleased GREAT THREAD EVERYONE
It doesnt matter what you think "jchsrulz" cause the thing is if the 3rd string for JC wants to talk trash let them talk. But i geuss your one of the those 3rd string players otherwise you wouldnt know about this stuff......Maybe you should practice more on your own time..........:wieghts: :please:
congrats p-burg...very big win
"football05" Wrote:OK I am very PLEASED with this thread and have to give a SHOUT OUT TO all of the JOHNSON CENTRAL posters on here.....I am very glad to read this thread and not have to worry about it getting out of hand GREAT SPORTSMANSHIP guys keep it up......did anyone else notice this?
Yes! Very nice for a change.
Four Words....WE PLAYED LIKE ****!!! What was up with the coach?...Rice played maybe 10 minutes the eintire game...He got shut down while he was in but let him try to score...because he can!!....VERY nice win blackcats..way to play your hearts out!!
"football05" Wrote:No the question is HOW MANY people are gonna start a thread about prestonsburg cheating or the refs give it to them since it was at home

This game could not be blamed on the refs. I am an Eagle fan whether they win or lose -- gotta love those Eagles!

Sam Smith, one of the refs at the game, is a great ref. He is fair and he calls a good game. Now granted all refs are human and prone to make mistakes now and again...on both sides of the court. I was very pleased to see that Sam was one of the refs because then I knew it would be called fairly and not lopsided. The older guy ... sorry I don't know his name....but he has been known to call very lopsided games but if you have one ref who is going to call what he sees no matter who it is against then it makes the game better.

The reason Central lost this game lays completely at their feet. They were not playing up to their potential in any way. I have not seen them play so badly this season. It seemed as though there was nothing going right for them...the team chemistry just simply was not there. On the other hand everything was going right for Prestonsburg....it seemed that they could not miss....no matter how crappy the shot was....it was going in.

Pure and simple....Prestonsburg came to play and win....Central didn't.

I love Central and I don't mean to diss them in any way....but you have to give credit where credit is due....and Prestonsburg just simply played their best game and Central didn't.

I still say that Central is the best in the Region....one game cannot a team make or break.....:champ:
"jcmadman" Wrote:Four Words....WE PLAYED LIKE ****!!! What was up with the coach?...Rice played maybe 10 minutes the eintire game...He got shut down while he was in but let him try to score...because he can!!....VERY nice win blackcats..way to play your hearts out!!

What was up with coach? His top players were not playing to potential that is what was up. He had to look around down his bench to find someone who would play. If Rice was getting blocked every time he went up then there was no point in him being in the game...and from my vantage point I saw shots going up and Rice just standing there watching Prestonsburg players go after the rebound. He wasn't trying too hard at all and so was completely ineffective. If the starters were wanting to play they should have been working their butts off to get those missed shots and putting them back in and possibly drawing the fouls on the big men for P-burg. I agreed with Coach Starns's decision to bench them. Ineffective players need to make room for the ones who desire to be effective.

But then that's just my opinion.

Have a great one, guys!:Guitar01:
ok! I have to say JC absolutely sucked that night. They looked as if they were in slow motion. It sucked. If they want to be first in teh region they need to start playing like it. On a good night they are the best the best team in the region but against Prestonsburg they looked like they had never played together before. Coach Starns seemed pretty ****ed!
"aly10" Wrote:ok! I have to say JC absolutely sucked that night. They looked as if they were in slow motion. It sucked. If they want to be first in teh region they need to start playing like it. On a good night they are the best the best team in the region but against Prestonsburg they looked like they had never played together before. Coach Starns seemed pretty ****ed!

I would have been too....looked like they took everything they had gone over in practice and threw it out the proverbial window. I guarantee that they didn't like practice on Wednesday.
Give credit to Prestonsburg defense. I'm sure JC wasn't on top of there game, but it was partially because of Prestonsburg.
not a very high scoring game
It seems like whenever JC gets on a roll and wins a couple of three games in a row they get the big head and think all they have to do is show up and go home with a win.
That will not happen in the 57th district or in the 15 region this year teams are so evenly matched that whomever is on top of their game that night will win!!
Everybody's talkin about how bad JC played, but has anyone stopped to think maybe it was Prestonsburg's defense and heart that cause them to play this bad. And I've got news for alot of people:

That wasn't Prestonsburg best game by far. They have still not hit on all cylinders, but when they do, you better watch out!
"bill tom" Wrote:It doesnt matter what you think "jchsrulz" cause the thing is if the 3rd string for JC wants to talk trash let them talk. But i geuss your one of the those 3rd string players otherwise you wouldnt know about this stuff......Maybe you should practice more on your own time..........:wieghts: :please:
If they have a right to talk, SO DO I!!!!!:argue:
I was only stating that the posts that are usually put on here for JCHS seem to be people who know the players personally. I was just guessing, maybe I stepped on a 3rd stringers nerve, but I don't think that the starters for Central would write such things. I feel they will do their talking on the court. (They must've had their mouths duct taped Tuesday! LOL The comments seem to be coming from some players that don't get to do their talking on the varsity court seeing how they are the ones that posts all the JV scores and "JCHS JV team - Can they be beat?":headphone
No excuses terrible effort or johnson central and a great game for prestonsburg Congradulaions.
im with you on this hg. matney cant do everything for them. if they would play like they did aganst the tigers they would be hard to stop.
"Imnottelling" Wrote:What was up with coach? His top players were not playing to potential that is what was up. He had to look around down his bench to find someone who would play. If Rice was getting blocked every time he went up then there was no point in him being in the game...and from my vantage point I saw shots going up and Rice just standing there watching Prestonsburg players go after the rebound. He wasn't trying too hard at all and so was completely ineffective. If the starters were wanting to play they should have been working their butts off to get those missed shots and putting them back in and possibly drawing the fouls on the big men for P-burg. I agreed with Coach Starns's decision to bench them. Ineffective players need to make room for the ones who desire to be effective.

But then that's just my opinion.

Have a great one, guys!:Guitar01:

Don't say "top" players.
McCarty was ready to play...
His teammates didn't respond.
:Thumbs:
"Battle Tested" Wrote:im with you on this hg. matney cant do everything for them. if they would play like they did aganst the tigers they would be hard to stop.
Pages: 1 2 3