Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Favorite Chicken
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Kentucky Fried Chicken, Lee's Famous Recipe, Popeye's, etc...

Which is your favorite? For the sake of argument, we are just talking about basic chicken, not chicken strips, not chicken sandwiches, just basic bone-in chicken.

If you want to clarify and say something like, "I like KFC chicken, but Chick-Fil-A has the best sandwich" that is fine.

What say you?
Kentucky Fried Chicken in a landslide. It's the best IMO.
Fried chicken that I make
Grilled chicken smothered with Sweet Baby Ray's
Not a fan of most restaraunt chicken. KFC is edible though
I'll honestly like them all, then again I'm not very picky.
Kfc ftw Wink
Popeyes is awesome, I wish we would get one closer to hazard.
Lees and Long Johns.
our local Rax has Broasters Chicken that is the BOMB!!!....deep fried crispy goodness!...mmmmm
La Pena.
Jarons;1146610[B Wrote:]Fried chicken that I make
Grilled chicken smothered with Sweet Baby Ray's[/B]
Not a fan of most restaraunt chicken. KFC is edible though

Uh, Jarons I'm suddenly hungry. That sounds really good. I'll be down tomorrow.
BoJangles
I'm agreeing with MVP2 on this one. Long John Silvers is the BEST!
Stardust Wrote:I'm agreeing with MVP2 on this one. Long John Silvers is the BEST!

Long John Silvers has chicken?
Jarons Wrote:Long John Silvers has chicken?
It's flavored with fish grease. :biggrin:

I prefer my chicken without the bone. In my year as a Mississippi resident, I ate a lot of chicken - I was amazed at the number of chicken joints around Jackson. The best places were local restaurants that served chicken strips with Mississippi Comeback sauce for dipping (similar to the sauces served at Raising Cane's and Zaxby's but better).

f the national chicken chains, I would rank my favorites like this:

1. Raising Cane's (best chicken)
2. Zaxby's (best dipping sauce)
3. KFC
3. Lee's
4. Domino's (Boneless Buffalo Wings)
5. Popeye's (I like the Cajun sides)
^ The best chicken in the world! It's not just Chicken. It's Chicken Planks!
Hoot Gibson Wrote:It's flavored with fish grease. :biggrin:

Ummmmmmm
I wish someone could explain to me how food prepared by the same chain in different locations can taste differently. An example is the KFC in Lousia has the best fried chicken I ever ate and the portions are large. The KFC in Paintsville has smaller portions and the taste is not as good. If I'm not mistaken both stores are owned by the same group.

I don't mean to pick on KFC, I've seen this happen with McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy's and others.
Old School Wrote:I wish someone could explain to me how food prepared by the same chain in different locations can taste differently. An example is the KFC in Lousia has the best fried chicken I ever ate and the portions are large. The KFC in Paintsville has smaller portions and the taste is not as good. If I'm not mistaken both stores are owned by the same group.

I don't mean to pick on KFC, I've seen this happen with McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy's and others.
I've not eaten at the new Paintsville KFC but the old one's chicken was awful, IMO. I am disappointed to hear that the new KFC is subpar as well. In every other KFC that I can recall trying, the chicken has been consistently good and the slaw is outstanding.
Remeke's a regional grocery store here in Northern Ky has some pretty good Deli fried chicken.
Never had Popeye's chicken before.

I gotta go with KFC on this one.
Lee's has a spicy breading that is just great. I will agree that Long John's has great chicken, but I have to bring my own BBQ sauce, lol.
Lees
This is a really hard decision, so I am gonna have to say that it is a tie between KFC and Zaxby's!!
leecoukfan Wrote:This is a really hard decision, so I am gonna have to say that it is a tie between KFC and Zaxby's!!

Never had it.
China Bourbon Chicken.
nky Wrote:Remeke's a regional grocery store here in Northern Ky has some pretty good Deli fried chicken.

You are dead-on NKY. It is excellent
One of the cheapest and best meals that you can get in the Washington area is Peruvian Rotisserie Chicken. For $5.05, you can get a quarter chicken (white or dark meat), two generous side dishes (french fries, cole slaw, fried yucca, beans, corn on the cob, etc.). The chicken comes with two different types of dipping sauce. I had never heard of this chicken dish before moving here but you won't find a better chicken deal for the money anywhere.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Never had it.

You need to, they have great dipping sauce!
KFC is great.. Needa try the boneless chicken strips dipped and smothered in KFCs BBQ sauce. It's excellent.
Kfc
Pages: 1 2