Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Mercer Coach
Per Larry Vaught, Paul Raines who guided LCA to 2009 State Championship will be announced as the new head man at Mercer County.
If its true, good pick up for Mercer.
Hes a great coach.
Great hire for Mercer.
this is a very good pickup for Mercer
Will he bring the Franklin system to Mercer? Or can more than one in an area use it? I know Lex Christian uses it and if Im not mistaken Woodford.I had herd he only implements it to a small number of schools in certain geographical areas ?
That doesn't make sense. Why would an offense be limited to so many teams in a certain area?
It use to be that way back in the early part of the decade. Now anyone can do it...they use to make it where once a team bought in they could black ball a team from entering in the fraternity. But all of those restrictions are all gone now.
LOVEITALL Wrote:Will he bring the Franklin system to Mercer? Or can more than one in an area use it? I know Lex Christian uses it and if Im not mistaken Woodford.I had herd he only implements it to a small number of schools in certain geographical areas ?

I was told he plans on running a spread offense because in his words, it is easier to make a bunch of decent receivers than it is to make a stud running back. Luckily for Mercer they have a stud running back and some decent receivers. It will be interesting to see which kid becomes the qb.