Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers 41 Browns 9
Steelers wrap up the AFC North and a first round bye!!
Here's what I believe. I believe that the first, second and fifth seeds in the AFC are better than anybody in the NFC. This club is ready. If Pittsburgh and New England meet again, I guarantee you they wont drop 39 on our defense again. Gonna be a fun playoff season!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
One note I left out; our defense has given up 301 combined yards the past two games heading into the playoffs, and has only given up 61 points the last seven games (they gave up a KO return and a safety to the Jets).
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
With Polamalu and maybe even Araon Smith returnig our defense will be almost unbeatable. If we get Smith back then that will eliminate running on us. For a team to beat us they will have to pass it down our throats, so looks to me like the Pats and maybe the Saints are the only 2 teams that can beat us.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Here's what I believe. I believe that the first, second and fifth seeds in the AFC are better than anybody in the NFC. This club is ready. If Pittsburgh and New England meet again, I guarantee you they wont drop 39 on our defense again. Gonna be a fun playoff season!!

I agree 100%. I said a couple of weeks ago that the Steelers, Ravens, and Patriots are the three best teams in the NFL.
This team reminds me a lot of the 05 and 08 teams. I really hope that the result will be the same as those years.
How in the world did Mike Wallace not make the Pro Bowl team?
Jarons Wrote:I agree 100%. I said a couple of weeks ago that the Steelers, Ravens, and Patriots are the three best teams in the NFL.
This team reminds me a lot of the 05 and 08 teams. I really hope that the result will be the same as those years.
How in the world did Mike Wallace not make the Pro Bowl team?
Yep, I remember you saying that, and I agreed with you then, and I havent changed my stance one bit. I also have said all year that Mike Wallace is a top 5 receiver RIGHT NOW, and that in two to three years, he may be the best in the entire league. Pouncey made the Pro Bowl, and I read that a Steeler center has been to 19 out of the last 35 Pro Bowls..amazing.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Crazy Horse Wrote:With Polamalu and maybe even Araon Smith returnig our defense will be almost unbeatable. If we get Smith back then that will eliminate running on us. For a team to beat us they will have to pass it down our throats, so looks to me like the Pats and maybe the Saints are the only 2 teams that can beat us.
With Polamalu and Smith- Best defense in the league. Bar none.
Without Polamalu- Around 6th or 8th.
Without Smith- Around 6th or 8th.
Without Both- Around 10th-12th.
With Smith healthy and in the lineup, LeBeau is much more aggressive in his blitzes, and it doesnt give QB's time to throw. Smith is every bit as important or possibly even more important than Troy to our defense, and this is coming from **** LeBeau.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This was the way I wanted to see the Steelers come out and play. The 10 days off between games done them a world of good. The bye week is gonna help this group even more IMO. If they wouldve came out sluggish against cleveland I wouldve been worried. This group came out sharp in all facets of the game. Im not gonna talk about the Pats yet because we have to win our divisional game to get to them. Tomlin is one of the best in the buisness in keeping his guys focused on the task at hand so I dont think they will overlook whoever they play in 2 weeks. Ive said all year that this team reminds me of the '08 team more than any other. HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!
Idk why all you Steeler fans are getting all excited.. Vick is going to dash those hopes at another Super Bowl eventually Wink
Ballers Wrote:Idk why all you Steeler fans are getting all excited.. Vick is going to dash those hopes at another Super Bowl eventually Wink

Vick will not even get close to the Super Bowl this year.
Ballers Wrote:Idk why all you Steeler fans are getting all excited.. Vick is going to dash those hopes at another Super Bowl eventually Wink
Bring him on. Then the world will see that there is only one professional football team in Pennsylvania, and my wet dream of seeing James Harrison breaking both of Vicks legs will come to life Wink
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]