Poll: Winner
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Kentucky
83.33%
Louisville
16.67%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(14) Kentucky @ (25) Louisville 12/31 UPDATES
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Louisville plays a lot of players, but they haven't seen a team with this much talent & athleticism. I think this game could go like the Indiana game went, but the down fall for UL is that they play a zone defense and we love to shoot 3s and we're cash from outside the arc this season, so that could really hurt the Cards. Plus we can run also, so if UL wants to run, I'm sure Calipari will like his chances.

If UK gets into foul trouble and is forced to play some guys that aren't in the rotation then this could be a close game like I said in my first post, but if we can come out hot early and we can pin the Cards into a corner, we blow them out by 15+.

I'll still stick with my first prediction and take us by 5 though.

I think it's the Cards numbers that will make it tough on the Cats. We are not very deep at any position. If Knight gets into foul trouble, we will have a very difficult time keeping up with the number of guards that Louisville can throw at us. If Jones gets in foul trouble, we have minimal ability to challenge the Cards inside.

This is a game where the Cats have to turn Pitino ball against him. Cats have to play up tempo, and not allow the Pitino press to neutralize the Cats. This has to be a game where Lamb, Miller, Liggins and Knight all have 3 made three-pointers each. If the Cats can do this, they should do enough to mitigate their lack of depth and win this game.
Stardust Wrote:What is your address, I'd like to get the Pepto in the mail to make sure it reaches you in time...:biggrin:

Rolaids will work fine. LOL
Can anyone give word on elisha for this game? Hope he gets to play to show Kentucky what they missed out on.
Mr.cold Wrote:Can anyone give word on elisha for this game? Hope he gets to play to show Kentucky what they missed out on.

Someone made a comment earlier in the thread that Pitino said he is healthy, but not expected to play.
I will be pulling for the cats, but would like to see the Justice kid have a good game if he is healthy.
UL set school record for 3's last game (17). UK has to step up the 3 pt defense Friday.
Terrence Jones should have his way in the paint.
Foul trouble really doesn't scare me with this team.
If Knight gets in trouble we have Lamb that can come in and do the same damage and who is also a excellent 3 point shooter.

Will be close first half, but not as close in the end as many are predicting.
Stardust Wrote:I think it's the Cards numbers that will make it tough on the Cats. We are not very deep at any position. If Knight gets into foul trouble, we will have a very difficult time keeping up with the number of guards that Louisville can throw at us. If Jones gets in foul trouble, we have minimal ability to challenge the Cards inside.

This is a game where the Cats have to turn Pitino ball against him. Cats have to play up tempo, and not allow the Pitino press to neutralize the Cats. This has to be a game where Lamb, Miller, Liggins and Knight all have 3 made three-pointers each. If the Cats can do this, they should do enough to mitigate their lack of depth and win this game.

Well I hope to god if we can make 12 3-pointers we will win.

Tell me SD, how many guards does UL have to throw at us? Enlighten me.

The only thing that will keep this game close is that it's a rivalry and it's at Louisville. On a neutral court I'd say we win by 15-20 points. Louisville is not very talented, and I don't think they have a player that would even start over one of our guys.
Justice of course isn't playing...
Marra isn't playing...
Buckles isn't playing - This will hurt the Cards..
And I have heard rumors that Swapshire?(sp) isn't playing either.
As much as I hate to say it Louisville will probably win this one. A hostile environment will be real hard for our inexperianced team to compete in.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:As much as I hate to say it Louisville will probably win this one. A hostile environment will be real hard for our inexperianced team to compete in.

Could happen.
Cats by 7
Pitino announced that forward Rakeem Buckles will miss the game tomorrow against the Cats.

Buckles injured his finger this morning and will have surgery on it within the coming weeks.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Well I hope to god if we can make 12 3-pointers we will win.

Tell me SD, how many guards does UL have to throw at us? Enlighten me.

The only thing that will keep this game close is that it's a rivalry and it's at Louisville. On a neutral court I'd say we win by 15-20 points. Louisville is not very talented, and I don't think they have a player that would even start over one of our guys.

Hmm, and that's not happened against a UK team has it? I guess if a UK team would not have lost a game because the other team did not have a single player that would start over our starters, we would NOT have lost the games we lost last year:popcorn:

As for the three-pointers, not sure where you are coming from on that one. Are you thinking that 12 three-pointers is this un-godly amount that we can't make? Considering our last five games: 8/22, 12/22, 7/18, 6/17, 9/24, 12 is what we better strive for. Louisville will shoot the three, as we know a Louisville team will do and do better than UK: 17/23, 16/30, 11/28, 4/16 (L), 10/28. So I have no clue where you are going with that one!

Knowles, Siva, Marra, Smith (four of their top five scorers) Kuric - who is averging over 10 points per game over his last five games.

Maybe a bit more research on this game???

I think it's laughable to say that the Cats are a 15 point better team than the Cards on a neutral court.
This is gonna be a very tough game! But in all honesty, I do believe that the Cats can come away with a victory in Yum Arena. I am eager to watch the guard match-up between Siva and the Blue Knight!

Cats win by 5
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Home, neutral, away, this game will be close almost every time and every year.
I hope they prove me wrong, but i think l'ville will take it to us.
Lville 65-UK 57
I liked that drive by Lamb to the paint. Cats need to do a lot of that today
No way can Calipari sit Jones. That is just stupid!
I love the way the Cats are going to the paint
AWESOME block by Miller
Villes guards are GOOD
It has not looked like the Cards needed Buckles
UK is getting all of the calls
Cats have got to take advantage of the Jones mismatch
Jones is 0-4, this is starting off like his UNC game
Mr.cold Wrote:This game will come down to the point guard play... The cards has got the better guards.. Cards by 12. Go Elisha.

Louisville does not have better gaurds. Justice will be lucky to get off the bench against good teams. Please. Lamb, Knight and Liggins are better than Knowles and Siva.
Knight has stepped up and is playing great
Jones looks rediculous