Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heat 96 - Lakers 80
Stardust Wrote:As I already said, I am a Bandwagon fan, and PROUD of it! I've joined the 21st century, where most everyone is!

Ah, you know I'm from EKY, we're still a few years behind you Yankees.

Wink
BlackcatAlum Wrote::yawn:

This looks exactly like the way the Laker players played today, they looked like the stayed up too late and had no interest in defending their house today.
Stardust Wrote:This looks exactly like the way the Laker players played today, they looked like the stayed up too late and had no interest in defending their house today.

We can actually agree on something!

It's a Christmas miracle!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Ah, you know I'm from EKY, we're still a few years behind you Yankees.

Wink

Just hang in there BCA, just like I told my wife, I'll fix you :biggrin:
BlackcatAlum Wrote:LOL... Owners don't ship off franchise players for asking for too much money, etc. I didn't see them wanting to ship off Kobe, Lebron, Garnett, Durant, Paul, Nowitzki, etc. If those players want out, then they'll get out, they won't be forced out. Defend yourself all you would like, but facts are, you're a bandwagon fan my friend.

And you're not? lol
outdoorsman43 Wrote:And you're not? lol

I was waiting for you to jump in, but FYI I've always been a Lakers fan and Kobe supporter. I was also a Pistons fan when Tayshaun was doing great, but ever since Joe Dumars ruined them by trading Billiups, I've lost interest because Tayshaun has been injured so much ever since. I also like Boston because of Rondo, but my heart is with LAL.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I was waiting for you to jump in, but FYI I've always been a Lakers fan and Kobe supporter. I was also a Pistons fan when Tayshaun was doing great, but ever since Joe Dumars ruined them by trading Billiups, I've lost interest because Tayshaun has been injured so much ever since. I also like Boston because of Rondo, but my heart is with LAL.

Don't I always?

We're all bandwaggons when it comes to pro sports for crying out loud. I mean, are there any New Jersey Nets fans outside of New Jersey?
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Don't I always?

We're all bandwaggons when it comes to pro sports for crying out loud. I mean, are there any New Jersey Nets fans outside of New Jersey?

Not until Carmello goes there :biggrin:
My Christmas Day got even better after I finished watching this game!!!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Stardust Wrote:Headline says: BEST TEAM THAT MONEY CAN BUY DOES NOT EQUAL WINS! Even teams that have payrolls that is less than by $26M can win if they play like a TEAM!

This is my shot at Laker Fan, for all the dissing to poor little ballers and his love of the Heat!:biggrin: And a little of mine too!:1:

The Lakers used emotion to get an early lead, but the Heat used PURE TALENT to dominate the entire game. Heat are a team, Lakers are an over paid group of players on the downhill of their careers. This game proved to the whole world the the Lakers run is over! You can lose, but when you lose two games in one week on your home court by the margins they did, their heart is GONE!

I can't wait to hear all of the excuses and ballers and I are going to count the number of times that we hear "It's only one game", or The "Lakers are still the champions". The Lakers players said that this was NOT an important game, and they sure came out and played like it!

Well, it was one game, and in that one game, the Heat proved they are BETTER!

The Lakers stopped being the NBA Champions the day after they won the NBA title. New season, new day. Alabama is not the NCAA football champion at the beginning of the football season, and do not carry that distinction into this years title game. Thus, the Lakers stopped being champions when the new season started.

You would think that the "BEST TEAM MONEY COULD BUY" would have won this game, but that didn't happen. The Lakers and their $91M payroll got beat by the team with a measly $65M payroll!

The great Laker offense was held to their lowest scoring quarter of the YEAR! I loved hearing that the differences between the Celtics two point win over the Knicks was because Amare went off, but that Amare was cold as Ice against the Heat. No one would buy that the Heats defense is the reason why Amare did not go off. The same was true tonight as the Heat kept the Lakers to 14 points in the first quarter, all by outstanding defense! Then 38 total at halftime?

What about "Showtime"? The Laker fans helped create Showtime in the 80's with being one of the loudest arenas in the NBA, which just seemed to spark the Lakers run and gun offense. Instead, the Laker fans were quiet as a mouse as they watched the Heat run, run, run in the 2nd quarter.

Will there be comments about reffing? I hope so, because the phantom calls on Bosh and Wade deserve to be commented on.

Bosh was hands down the best interior player on the floor. He did it from everywhere, but his rebounding was the biggest key of the game. He took control over the Laker Bigs as he snatched ball after ball.

What about what Bynum was going to do? Bynum was a washed up player before he ever got the wash rag wet! Time to give up on this experiment and send Andrew packing to Pikeville's East Kentucky Energy!

The Miami Heat, came into LA and put on a clinic, completely dominating the Lakers on their home court. The Lakers either had zero heart on their own court, or they really are not in a class with the Heat!

As for the Lakers, they have a nice little team for having the largest payroll in NBA history.
Wow, sounds like you've had this on your chest for a while haha.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Haha good stuff Dusty.

How bout that Christmas present Aslan? :biggrin:
Ugh.
Ballers Wrote:Nice post stardust you forgot to mention.... This is just regular season it don't count remember lol. Aslan our bet please? Lebron showed why he is the real deal here. Bosh is so soft that he had a 20 point game. Heat also showed that they were the better team defensively IMO. Bryant couldn't breathe the whole night. Artest was furious cause he simply cannot guard Lebron. With all that said the heat are truly a Dwight Howard or a young shaq away from being the best team ever. I apologiE for typos I'm on an iPhone.
I've lived up to my part of the bet and changed it to the pic you requested. It will be removed next Sunday thank God! Big Grin
vundy33 Wrote:Gah I love it I love it I love it.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Aslan. Haha.
Ugh.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I don't hate Lebron James or anyone else on the Miami roster, I just hate the way people bloat about players like Lebron. I don't say anything that Kobe or the Lakers haven't done. Lebron fans put him on such a high pedestal that it isn't even funny. It's only made worse by the media, but it's just crazy how Lebron's fans view him.

I still only view Lebron as nothing more than a human highlight reel. He's never shown that killer instinct that Jordan, Bird, Magic, Kobe, and other greats have in the past.

:Thumbs:
Excellent post.
Lakers always play bad on Christmas. I'm pretty sure we can get a BGR team together and gave them a competitive game yesterday.
I don't think Kobe played that bad though. He got doubled every time he got the ball and tryed to make plays for his teammates, they just didn't capatalize.
The loss ain't a big deal though. It's a game in December. The Lakers got beat the last few and still winded up in the finals. Enjoy the win Heat fans, hope to see ya again in the playoffs! Big Grin
Aslan Wrote:Lakers always play bad on Christmas. I'm pretty sure we can get a BGR team together and gave them a competitive game yesterday.
I don't think Kobe played that bad though. He got doubled every time he got the ball and tryed to make plays for his teammates, they just didn't capatalize.
The loss ain't a big deal though. It's a game in December. The Lakers got beat the last few and still winded up in the finals. Enjoy the win Heat fans, hope to see ya again in the playoffs! Big Grin

ONE! The count is on:biggrin:

Aslan, I love the Avatar. It looks great!:1:
[quote=Wildcatk23]Ever? Thats funny.

Who are YOU to say he is or isn't?? I'm entitled to my opinion, same as you and everyone else. If 5 rings makes Kobe the best in the league.. does Derek Fisher's 5 rings make him the best guard in the league?? If Jordan's 6 rings make him the best ever, why doesn't Bill Russell's 9 put him in the same category?? As a (all-around) PLAYER.. Lebron is simply the best. When you get to talking championships, you are talking about teams and not just one individual. :thanks:
Wildcats11 Wrote:[quote=Wildcatk23]Ever? Thats funny.

Who are YOU to say he is or isn't?? I'm entitled to my opinion, same as you and everyone else. If 5 rings makes Kobe the best in the league.. does Derek Fisher's 5 rings make him the best guard in the league?? If Jordan's 6 rings make him the best ever, why doesn't Bill Russell's 9 put him in the same category?? As a (all-around) PLAYER.. Lebron is simply the best. When you get to talking championships, you are talking about teams and not just one individual. :thanks:

I didnt say u wasn't entitled to your opinion. But have u ever watched jordan play? Yea he won 6 rings. But he also

NBA Finals MVP six times (1991, 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998)
- NBA Finals single-series record for highest PPG average 41.0 (1993)
- NBA Most Valuable Player five times (1988, 1991, 1992, 1996, 1998)
- All-NBA First Team ten times (1987-1993, 1996-1998)
- NBA 50th Anniversary All-Time team (1996)
- Highest career PPG ave. (minimum 400 games or 10,000 points) - 30.1
- Holds record for most seasons leading the league in scoring - 10
- Shares record for the most consecutive seasons leading the league in scoring - 7 (1986-1993)
- Had a streak of nine consecutive games scoring 40 points or more (Nov. 28 - Dec. 12, 1986)
- Bulls all-time leader in scoring (29,277), assists (5,012), and steals (2,306)
- 13 NBA All-Star Games (1985, 1987-1993, 1996-1998, 2002-2003)
- All time scoring leader in All-Star history (262 points)
- Fourth highest scoring average for career All-Star games (20.2 ppg)
- Named the All-Star MVP three times (1988, 1996, 1998)
- Won the All-Star Slam Dunk Contest in 1987 and 1988
- Had his #23 jersey retired at the United Center on 11/1/94
- Returned from retirement on 3/19/95 at Indiana to total 19 points
- Has posted 28 career triple-doubles
- 2 Time All-American & NCAA Player of the Year award
Wildcatk23 Wrote:[quote=Wildcats11]

I didnt say u wasn't entitled to your opinion. But have u ever watched jordan play? Yea he won 6 rings. But he also

NBA Finals MVP six times (1991, 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998)
- NBA Finals single-series record for highest PPG average 41.0 (1993)
- NBA Most Valuable Player five times (1988, 1991, 1992, 1996, 1998)
- All-NBA First Team ten times (1987-1993, 1996-1998)
- NBA 50th Anniversary All-Time team (1996)
- Highest career PPG ave. (minimum 400 games or 10,000 points) - 30.1
- Holds record for most seasons leading the league in scoring - 10
- Shares record for the most consecutive seasons leading the league in scoring - 7 (1986-1993)
- Had a streak of nine consecutive games scoring 40 points or more (Nov. 28 - Dec. 12, 1986)
- Bulls all-time leader in scoring (29,277), assists (5,012), and steals (2,306)
- 13 NBA All-Star Games (1985, 1987-1993, 1996-1998, 2002-2003)
- All time scoring leader in All-Star history (262 points)
- Fourth highest scoring average for career All-Star games (20.2 ppg)
- Named the All-Star MVP three times (1988, 1996, 1998)
- Won the All-Star Slam Dunk Contest in 1987 and 1988
- Had his #23 jersey retired at the United Center on 11/1/94
- Returned from retirement on 3/19/95 at Indiana to total 19 points
- Has posted 28 career triple-doubles
- 2 Time All-American & NCAA Player of the Year award

Yeah against talent much less superior than what's in the NBA today. Again you are giving me stuff that he accomplished on a team. Stat wise lebron owns him as a all-around player. FACT!!! :Thumbs:
So the Lakers put up another weak performance on Christmas day lol
If I would not had to put up with the disappointment every year I might have made an avatar bet like Aslan....
sadly
I saw this one coming lol
zaga_fan Wrote:So the Lakers put up another weak performance on Christmas day lol
If I would not had to put up with the disappointment every year I might have made an avatar bet like Aslan....
sadly
I saw this one coming lol

Me to:biggrin:
Wildcats11 Wrote:[quote=Wildcatk23]Ever? Thats funny.

There's a difference in being the best player and leading you team to championships and following great players and being apart of the title.
Lebron is good, I'm about to say the best in today's game, but he's nowhere in Jordans league. Jordan was named the athlete of the century in North America for petes sake. And there stats are actually pretty similar but Jordan has a higher average per game (30.1), the highest average ever.
Wildcats11 Wrote:[quote=Wildcatk23]

Yeah against talent much less superior than what's in the NBA today. Again you are giving me stuff that he accomplished on a team. Stat wise lebron owns him as a all-around player. FACT!!! :Thumbs:

Not a fact at all lol. And many of those awards Wildcatk23 listed were individual awards, not 'team'.
And to the bolded, what? There's like two legitimate centers in the league today.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I still only view Lebron as nothing more than a human highlight reel. He's never shown that killer instinct that Jordan, Bird, Magic, Kobe, and other greats have in the past.

you must have missed alot of Lebrons awesome performances such as eastern confernce finals against detroit in 07...
I noticed bandwagon talks, to start I have always been a Laker fan. And Kobe/Laker fan I always will be. Furthermore, from the day Lebron got GIVEN the rookie of the year award over the more deserving Carmello, Ill always hate him. Does this mean he isnt good? Definitely not, he is a beast, no question. As for christmas, Lakers were out played, out hustled, out defended, and out shot. But WV did UK that way last year, does that make WV the better team? No it doesn't. Same thing applies here, Lakers have slumps every year and even have been destroyed on christmas before, regardless 3 years in a row now they been playing in the finals while Lebron, Wade, and Bosh were at home watching Kobe play. My prediction stands, Lakers still best team, still going to the finals, and still going to win. One win doesnt make the Heat the team to beat. Im more worried about Boston and San Antonio at this point.
K_Mac Wrote:I noticed bandwagon talks, to start I have always been a Laker fan. And Kobe/Laker fan I always will be. Furthermore, from the day Lebron got GIVEN the rookie of the year award over the more deserving Carmello, Ill always hate him. Does this mean he isnt good? Definitely not, he is a beast, no question. As for christmas, Lakers were out played, out hustled, out defended, and out shot. But WV did UK that way last year, does that make WV the better team? No it doesn't. Same thing applies here, Lakers have slumps every year and even have been destroyed on christmas before, regardless 3 years in a row now they been playing in the finals while Lebron, Wade, and Bosh were at home watching Kobe play. My prediction stands, Lakers still best team, still going to the finals, and still going to win. One win doesnt make the Heat the team to beat. Im more worried about Boston and San Antonio at this point.

:flame:

Great Post!

I hate the Lakers because of the Sacramento Series in 2002 Smile

Carmelo did deserve Rookie Of The Year!

And i cant go to NBA.com without seeing lebron james face, weather there winning, losing, tying, complaining, praising, ANYTHING! Its sick.

UMM? Did you even look at the Accomplishments?

And hey if not winning a Championship makes you great. Then why is CAL not considered a great coach?

maybe but back then teams still played defense

personally, the only thing I hate more than Kobe, is lebron.. i can't stand either player and I will hate either team they play for. How is that for bandwagon jumping?? It would make me happy if both players went ahead and retired tomorrow. neither player can win a ring without a good supporting cast. Lebron is living proof of that, and the lakers don't care to spend money to put kobe in that position.

talent wise I think they are about the same. James just has a little more size than kobe. they are both good ball players, but i think they are both babies, and if teams actually focused more on defense than paying 20 million for people who just shoot all the time. then it would make the league better.. i mean i hate seeing scores like 145 to 132.. that's ridiculous and just proves how laze these players are now that they get paid.. that's why i don't watch NBA and just stay with the college ranks
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
crazytaxidriver Wrote:[quote=Wildcats11]

maybe but back then teams still played defense

personally, the only thing I hate more than Kobe, is lebron.. i can't stand either player and I will hate either team they play for. How is that for bandwagon jumping?? It would make me happy if both players went ahead and retired tomorrow. neither player can win a ring without a good supporting cast. Lebron is living proof of that, and the lakers don't care to spend money to put kobe in that position.

talent wise I think they are about the same. James just has a little more size than kobe. they are both good ball players, but i think they are both babies, and if teams actually focused more on defense than paying 20 million for people who just shoot all the time. then it would make the league better.. i mean i hate seeing scores like 145 to 132.. that's ridiculous and just proves how laze these players are now that they get paid.. that's why i don't watch NBA and just stay with the college ranks

I see your point, but who hasn't won a ring without a good supporting cast?

Also, its hard not to score nearly 100+ points every single game. You're given 24 seconds to get the ball off and that's not a lot of time to run a offense. Plus, most of these guys are nearly unguardable, like Wade, Durant, James, Bryant, Rondo, Rose, Paul, etc.

I do like to see some great defense, but you usually only see it during playoff time and sometimes you don't really see it then either.
Wow, did anyone see the Heat destroy the Lakers on Christmas night? It was AMAZING!
The better team did win from top to bottom, and I am so glad. I hate the Lakers with all my heart, I can't stand them or Kobe. People always said a few years back that Lebron had a bad attitude and always cried and complained. Ever since Lebron has came into this league Kobe has always played with a worse attitude and cried more then any human being that I have ever seen. Kobe is the best player I do agree, but Lebron is the most talented. And at Lebron point in his career, he is better then Kobe was when Kobe was 8 years in. With every RING that Kobe has, he has always played for the best team in the NBA, with the most dominate big men in the NBA. If Lebron had played for the Lakers then yes he would have the same amount. You take Gasol off this team Kobe is still left with 3 titles that he won with the most dominate big man to ever play the game in Shaq. Now yes give credit where credit is due but give it both ways. Yes there is a chance that Lebron might not ever win a title, but he should still go down as one of the greatest. I hope he does win a couple of rings so people actually give him what he deserves.

As for this year, if the Lakers make in the the Finals I hope the Heat does for I don't think my Magic or my Celtics can beat them. I don't know if others are seeing this but the Heat are getting better every game. At the rate they are improving I don't think anyone can beat them in a 7 game series.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:[quote=crazytaxidriver]

I see your point, but who hasn't won a ring without a good supporting cast?Also, its hard not to score nearly 100+ points every single game. You're given 24 seconds to get the ball off and that's not a lot of time to run a offense. Plus, most of these guys are nearly unguardable, like Wade, Durant, James, Bryant, Rondo, Rose, Paul, etc.

I do like to see some great defense, but you usually only see it during playoff time and sometimes you don't really see it then either.

That's what I was thinking.
Stardust Wrote:Wow, did anyone see the Heat destroy the Lakers on Christmas night? It was AMAZING!

I did and it was indeed amazing.
Heat could have beat LA by 20+ but just kinda let them stay around and play with the bench.

If I'm not mistaken an injured Mike Miller was even on the court in the 4th.

All this talks about "it's just a single game" blah blah blah chatter, I seen all of that coming.
This is a different team that Lebron is on. A much better supporting cast. We do hope to see LA in the finals as long as they can get past San Antonio and OKC! TongueirateSho

BTW: Nice signature SD. Big Grin