Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vargas
Eloy Vargas had his best performance as a Wildcat on Wednesday against Winthrop. It wasn't a dominate performance by any stretch, but it showed the center could bring some game. Vargas scored 8 points in 13 minutes, shooting 4-7 from the field. Did Vargas' performance provide a twinkle of hope to Coach Cal?

"Maybe he sees some light now; how he's got to play," said Calipari. "He finally performed. And believe me, confidence is demonstrated performance. It's not what I say, what I want him to do. It's you've got to demonstrate it to yourself and your teammates on the court, and he did it today."

Vargas is on the floor for better than 12 minutes per game, but hasn't provided any real offense until Winthrop.

"If Eloy does what he did today, we have got a nice little rotation of seven," said Calipari. "In the old days, that's what they played. They played seven guys. The eighth man was a spot throw-in and if you were not in that top seven, it was for a long year. That's the way it used to be.

I like my seven, I really do. I would love for us to get that eighth man."

http://www.nationofblue.com/calipari-fee...rgas-4339/
Ok, Winthrop would lose to a lot of JUCO's, so maybe Eloy played against level competition. I'll wait to say he has improved once we get to the SEC play.