Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enes' Father says Enes "will be a Sophomore at UK"
beasy_bo Wrote:Well if it is playn against pros then I hope no more players play in high scaled pick up games in the summer that nba players in. Was it Jordan Crawford who dunked on lebron a summer or two ago.

He wasn't given any money.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
it don't matter about incentives, thats what stardust was saying but prep school gets money for essentials and same for college players and if someone takes more than allowed they get suspended. look at selby just got suspended a few games but kanter gets indefintely suspended. I know it is a unique situation because he is coming from overseas but i believe ncaa is just plain scared to make a decision that could possibly open up the flood gates.
^Well it was deemed he was given 33k more that what was essential.
33 k is a lot of money, and 33k by itself wouldn't be considered essential in my mind.

How much did they say he took altogether?
Around 100k?
he didn't take the money his parents did just like our boy cam newton but as far as a total i really don't remember but they said the money was held back for education in a bank account.
zaga_fan Wrote:^Well it was deemed he was given 33k more that what was essential.
33 k is a lot of money, and 33k by itself wouldn't be considered essential in my mind.

How much did they say he took altogether?
Around 100k?

A doctor's son can't live on a measly $100K
I dont understand how or why he would have taken just 33K when his parents are rich.
It doesnt make any sense. Either he took more and the NCAA knows it but cant prove it or its all a joke on UK.
Please NCAA resolve this soon. This BS is getting old.:please:
honeslty the NCAA doesn't know. they are going off what the Turkish team told them. who is ticked off because Kanter went on to a better life.
^ C'mon partner, the Kanter's have not disputed the fact? The NCAA didn't make it up, nor did the Turkish team.
^ The fact is they haven't made a rule yet based on this situation. That is why it is taking so long.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
^ Yes they did, several weeks ago they ruled on it and the NCAA ruled Kanter permanantly ineligible. UK has submitted a new case, and this case is what is under review.
What about Deniz Kilici? Didn't he play on a professional team and still obtain eligibility. Although he never signed a professional contract he played on a team that paid their players.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:What about Deniz Kilici? Didn't he play on a professional team and still obtain eligibility. Although he never signed a professional contract he played on a team that paid their players.

Who is he? I have never heard of him. Who does/did he play for? Where is he from?
I would the reason the Kanters haven't said anything to the press is because there is no need or the law suit that cal was talking about
goBIGblue82 Wrote:What about Deniz Kilici? Didn't he play on a professional team and still obtain eligibility. Although he never signed a professional contract he played on a team that paid their players.

Deniz Kilicli did not play professional basketball. He played for the National team, same as the USA players who play for the US National team.