• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher County Central 2011
Can they bounce back after a disappointed season?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Somebody needs to break out the harp at LCC and do some pluckin...
BP...have to admit I don't have any idea what that means. Haha...
Dungy Wrote:BP...have to admit I don't have any idea what that means. Haha...

Maybe a little harp music will bring some love and harmony. From what I have heard there wasn't much of that going around this year...
You have no idea. This is the first time that I didn't see the coaches out during senior night giving parents hugs, and shaking players hand. So sad!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

cougarpride08 Wrote:You have no idea. This is the first time that I didn't see the coaches out during senior night giving parents hugs, and shaking players hand. So sad!

It'a just my opinion but that's on the AD. LCC came too far too quick to give up on football. Something is definitely broken at LCC. Too much dissention in the air. This needs fixed quick.
What is even worse is they had to beg them to let the middle school football team who won the big sandy to come out of the in the power L. This is there future! When they won the big sandy they done it before.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Letcher Central returns some keys players next season.
Having key players isn't enough. They have to work hard in the offseason, get coaches who will take care of them, and have the mentality that they can win.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Mountain Wrote:Letcher Central returns some keys players next season.

Returning key players from a 3 win football team doesn't equate to any more than 3 wins the next year.
I don't even know what kind of team we will have due to some not playing last year that would have made a difference. In my opinion the only guy who can save the cougars that is already in the system is Terry Howard. Whether you disagree with me or not is fine. The only reason he isn't there already is no one is qualified to take his position as middle school coach. I really am serious about my statement. There is alot of people in Letcher Co that disagrees with me but they will get over it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

If I were the Cougars AD I'd strongly consider giving Randy Frazier a call.
You have a good coach. Give him time.
Who's gonna be the coach over there at LCC?

They still trying to play Logan Johnson at WR
Bear_Paw Wrote:If I were the Cougars AD I'd strongly consider giving Randy Frazier a call.

Considering the AD don't like him probably not going to happen.
Logan is a QB and that is what he needs to be. Sorry but who is Randy Frazier?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

LOL...either you are very young or transplanted. Randy Frazier is a man that needs no introduction. Star for Whitesburg HS class of 82, Morehead State, and played in NFL.

While I tend to agree with a previous poster that Whitaker is a good coach, the harmony is clearly not there. The AD not liking Frazier has nothing to do with what is best for the program, if that's not what he is focused on he might need to step down. He's not the most user friendly guy I ever ran across either..
I have never heard that the AD disliked Randy Frazier. As far as Coach Frazier's past, he was all-state at Whitesburg and graduated in 1982. Went on to become All-OVC at Morehead State along with high school teammate Tony Sergent(who is currently an assistant coach at LCC) and they were two of the most feared defensive players in the OVC. He received a tryout with the Kansas City Chiefs and was cut during training camp. After the NFL strike started, he was called up and played for the Chiefs during the strike and continued to play until the strike ended. He went on to have a successful coaching tenure at Cumberland High School and produced players that had good careers at UK and EKU. He went on to coach at schools in Tennessee and then returned to Bell County as an assistant under Dudley Hilton. He is currently the head coach at Middlesboro High School.
Thanks Orange. I do agree that something needs to be done about the harmony.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

OrangenowBlue Wrote:I have never heard that the AD disliked Randy Frazier. As far as Coach Frazier's past, he was all-state at Whitesburg and graduated in 1982. Went on to become All-OVC at Morehead State along with high school teammate Tony Sergent(who is currently an assistant coach at LCC) and they were two of the most feared defensive players in the OVC. He received a tryout with the Kansas City Chiefs and was cut during training camp. After the NFL strike started, he was called up and played for the Chiefs during the strike and continued to play until the strike ended. He went on to have a successful coaching tenure at Cumberland High School and produced players that had good careers at UK and EKU. He went on to coach at schools in Tennessee and then returned to Bell County as an assistant under Dudley Hilton. He is currently the head coach at Middlesboro High School.
And as a head coach he has never loss to a Letcher County team. He did it again this year in his first year at Middlesboro. During his coaching I have never known of any players not giving everything they had for him.
neverwas Wrote:You have a good coach. Give him time.

I agree. Give Whitaker the chance he deserves. It is a bad rap for the coach when people post negative remarks about them. How do you expect the players to take all that?
How is the Sizemore kid that transferred from Whitley doing this year. He should be a sophomore this year. Any chance he could start? He has a cannon for an arm.
To me Coach Whitaker is a good guy, but I just don't see the drive and desire in the young men that is up there. I don't know why but I will tell you if they do keep him he better have a better season and better play out of these boys this year. After that a change has to be made. How many more season should Ann and Ozz give him?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

RunItUpTheGut Wrote:How is the Sizemore kid that transferred from Whitley doing this year. He should be a sophomore this year. Any chance he could start? He has a cannon for an arm.
He is coming alone, but I didn't get to go up to any JV games because it conflicts with work.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Wasn't he officially announced as Coach a little late? I believe he was the "Coach in Waiting" but he may not have had time to bond with his players. You would think they would have noticed him not meshing with players as an assistant. He should at least get another year in my opinion.
Coach Whitaker must win this year. He is accountable for what goes on in all aspects of the program. The success of the middle school program has not carried onto the high school program and that means trouble.
Bear_Paw Wrote:If I were the Cougars AD I'd strongly consider giving Randy Frazier a call.

What years did Frazier coach at Cumberland and what was his record, did he leave for a better job in Tenn or lose his job due to the consolidation of the schools in Harlan. Was he given any consideration for the Harlan County job.He was 6-6 this year with wins over Knott,Morgan,Leslie,South Laurel,Letcher and Jonesville these teams were a combined (15-50). This want get you many calls.
I have been reading these posts for so long and they make me sick, everbody always trying to talk about the coaching staff, and the middle school coach bad mouthing the program on the hill. If he knew anything about football he would have been the head coach and Hillard would have made sure of this. Are you people saying that middle school football is the same as high school football????? Where are the players in this county??? There has never been a great team come out of this county since 95 when they won the region but then got crushed by Danville. Come on people think about it I know we all can blame the coaches but really think about it the players are really not that good up there. No speed at all but let me guess that is the coaches fault and heart that is what I would question and let me guess that is Whitakers fault to. If you people including myself think we can do a better job lets all go to the school board and apply for the jobs up there.
cherokee Wrote:What years did Frazier coach at Cumberland and what was his record, did he leave for a better job in Tenn or lose his job due to the consolidation of the schools in Harlan. Was he given any consideration for the Harlan County job.He was 6-6 this year with wins over Knott,Morgan,Leslie,South Laurel,Letcher and Jonesville these teams were a combined (15-50). This want get you many calls.

And the teams he lost to went a combined 63-17.

He coached Cumberland in the early 90's left for a bigger county school in Tennessee and left there for a school in Morristown.

There really is no use talking about firing Whitaker for Frazier because they are not going to get rid of him after one year. Plus I don't think Frazier has a big enough family to replace the jobs that Whitaker would leave behind.
UKisN1 Wrote:Coach Whitaker must win this year. He is accountable for what goes on in all aspects of the program. The success of the middle school program has not carried onto the high school program and that means trouble.

It did up until this year.
  • 1(current)
  • Next