Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dusty on limited duty after bicep tendon surgery
You all get you wish, Ill bee extremely limited as I just had bicep reattachment surgery. Drugs working ok, but definitely in pain. Two nerve blocks with no success.

Big old brace for 8 weeks:insane:

God bless my friends. LWC, please say a prayer for me buddy.
It's from all the Damn typing on BGR...LOL!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
That sucks Dusty.
Dusty, if you don't mind me asking, was it completely detached? Did you do it while doing 800 pounds deads or what? That, pec tears, and hernias have always been phobias of mine.

Get better soon Buddy.
^ thank you for checking in Westy. Just got back from my postop visit. He said it was 80% torn. He was in limbo of what to do. It is Dr. Colisimo, Bengals and Bearcats team doctor. He said he has done many of these, but spent a great deal of time deciding what to do on mine. He would typically do a graft, but was fearful that it would stretch out and be too loose. He was afraid to cut the edge away because it would be too tight. Finally, he did not like the 20% that was attached, and this would not lineup with the 80% repaired.

He decided on cutting it completely free, trimming it all to the proper dimensions, and doing a 100% attachment. Google how they do it. Anyhow, I am in a brace for 8 weeks to allow the bone to heal and seal the muscle into the bone. I have a 3" incision on the inside of the elbow in the crease on the arm. I have a 2" incision on the outside of the elbow on the backside.

I can certainly anticipate gym fear when I get the greenlight. I have been the BP pitcher for both HS and summer programs and literally throw 250 pitches, 4-5 days per week. He said there was degeneration in the muscle, thus it was just a matter of time.
Stardust Wrote:^ thank you for checking in Westy. Just got back from my postop visit. He said it was 80% torn. He was in limbo of what to do. It is Dr. Colisimo, Bengals and Bearcats team doctor. He said he has done many of these, but spent a great deal of time deciding what to do on mine. He would typically do a graft, but was fearful that it would stretch out and be too loose. He was afraid to cut the edge away because it would be too tight. Finally, he did not like the 20% that was attached, and this would not lineup with the 80% repaired.

He decided on cutting it completely free, trimming it all to the proper dimensions, and doing a 100% attachment. Google how they do it. Anyhow, I am in a brace for 8 weeks to allow the bone to heal and seal the muscle into the bone. I have a 3" incision on the inside of the elbow in the crease on the arm. I have a 2" incision on the outside of the elbow on the backside.

I can certainly anticipate gym fear when I get the greenlight. I have been the BP pitcher for both HS and summer programs and literally throw 250 pitches, 4-5 days per week. He said there was degeneration in the muscle, thus it was just a matter of time.

I'm in pain just from reading this. Ouch.
Stardust Wrote:^ thank you for checking in Westy. Just got back from my postop visit. He said it was 80% torn. He was in limbo of what to do. It is Dr. Colisimo, Bengals and Bearcats team doctor. He said he has done many of these, but spent a great deal of time deciding what to do on mine. He would typically do a graft, but was fearful that it would stretch out and be too loose. He was afraid to cut the edge away because it would be too tight. Finally, he did not like the 20% that was attached, and this would not lineup with the 80% repaired.

You remember the old saying regarding pitchers dont you Dusty? It's not a question of "IF" it's a question of "WHEN".

Sorry for your problem. Unfortunately It's all part of that miserable curse of growing old.
How are you feeling Dust?
I told you not to mess with Chuck Norris, Dusty...

In all seriousness, I will be praying for you a speedy recovery. Keep us updated on how you are feeling!
Bob Seger Wrote:You remember the old saying regarding pitchers dont you Dusty? It's not a question of "IF" it's a question of "WHEN".

Sorry for your problem. Unfortunately It's all part of that miserable curse of growing old.

And that is the sad truth of it all Bob!:Sad04:

:Thumbs:
Strikeout King Wrote:How are you feeling Dust?

Not real good SK, I think I will get myself to bed and make myself go to sleep
Good luck big guy!
Get better soon!
How's your recover coming Dusty?
I'm absolutely stir crazy. Not much pain, but I'd trade that to have mobility. I'm stuck in this for 8 weeks until the bone heals and secures the muscle within.

[Image: http://shep17.webs.com/photos/Misc/Alexa...-00020.jpg]
Dang, 8 weeks is a long time.
Four days is a LONG time! I'm already going Bat-S*** crazy...
How are you doing?
^ Struggling big time
Hang in their dusty. You'll get better soon enough Partner
Thanks SK, much appreciated buddy
Your Welcome Dust. Keep us updated
Hurry up and get better. I'm waiting on that 100,000 post. lol