Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ky Football, what will it take to turn it around?
The University has hurt me so many times. It is time to move the program in a winning direction.
Any thoughts?
What they need is a miracle..........
First step would be to fire Rich Brooks.. I just dont think this guy is capable of bringing in big time players nor is he capable of getting through to the ones he does get.. I think he is the worse coach in UK history and we have had our fair share of terrible coaches..
"youknowwhoibe" Wrote:What they need is a miracle..........

Took the words right out of my mouth.
Well, I think they are already on the right track by firing former offensive coordinator Ron Hudson. The offense last season was just unacceptable. He never really tried to move the ball down the field. Plus, the freshmen running backs Tony Dixon and Rafael Little have one year under their belt and I think they will come out a lot more better this coming up season. Also, I personally believe that Andre Woodson was a better quarterback for UK from the start, but now he can have the reigns all to himself. Also, Keenan Burton is returning and he is quite an athlete. I really don't think they need a miracle. I think they will be just fine. I'm not saying that they're going to make it to a BCS game, but I am very confident that they will greatly improve from last year's team.
Their D wasn't too bad last year, and it kept them in a lot of games. But how is the defense goin to be this year?
Maybe the termination of other NCAA football programs.

But really, I think they are taking steps in the right direction. Hopefully in two or three years they'll be were they need to compete.
All of yall have good points but they really need to move outta the hardest confernce in the NCAA and they might have lil more Success.
I dont think moving Joker up is going to help the cause he has been there for 20 years and im sorry but what have we done.
Need to work on a little fundimentals to like TACKLING, fire everyone and start over. At least when Mumme (new New Mexico State Coach) was there it was fun to lose.
Maybe need to get Jamerson back out at least we would have a hometown boy to cheer for. :lol:
They are making small steps but until UK can tackle and open up the offense they will remain a bottom dweller in SEC. UK needs a modern coach that will play the up a down game making it excitting to bring in better talent. No great HS receiver, qb or back wants to come to a school that throws 50 screen passes for 25 yards per game and why would a defensive player want to play at a school that can't score and the D's back is always against the wall.
I agree showtyme. I hope Jones (Belfry) will be given a chance. the QB that is there is a Boyd type Qb run a little throw some screens and wait until 1 second on the play clock to call a play how exciting is that.
I have a real good feeling about this season in football. I def. think we will surpass our win total from last year. I see UK winning 5-6 games, with an upset of Florida at Commonwealth
better coaching and a good recruiting calss
imported_imported_torQQue Wrote:First step would be to fire Rich Brooks.. I just dont think this guy is capable of bringing in big time players nor is he capable of getting through to the ones he does get.. I think he is the worse coach in UK history and we have had our fair share of terrible coaches..

Lol....

Doc Holliday Wrote:I dont think moving Joker up is going to help the cause he has been there for 20 years and im sorry but what have we done.

Lol.

Nice to go back and look at threads from 5 years ago.*-