Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All-SEKC Team Announced
Congrats to all on a great accomplishment.

http://www.harlandaily.com/view/full_sto...eft_column
Kicker of the Year "Dylon Smith".

Hmmm can't remember the last time I saw him place kick.
Bear_Paw Wrote:Kicker of the Year "Dylon Smith".

Hmmm can't remember the last time I saw him place kick.

Kicker/Punter He avg. around 43 yards a punt this year.
I'm guessing that coaches trade off positions to make sure the best players are recognized in some fashion. I might have missed something, but it looked like they carved a QB of the Year in the small division to get a spot for Roark since Offensive Back of the Year was taken. I only say this because I did not see a QB of the Year in the large school division.

Either way, I think the best players were recognized and very deserving.
Dungy Wrote:I'm guessing that coaches trade off positions to make sure the best players are recognized in some fashion. I might have missed something, but it looked like they carved a QB of the Year in the small division to get a spot for Roark since Offensive Back of the Year was taken. I only say this because I did not see a QB of the Year in the large school division.

Either way, I think the best players were recognized and very deserving.

Hmmm?! I didnt catch that.
Class 3A/4A/5A "Offensive back of the year, Ben Madon (Bell County) and Noah Reid (Clay County)." and Class 1A/2A " Quarterback of the year, Chase Roark (Middlesboro)."
Does anyone know if there are archives for the SEKC? What if you want to do a search for past players of the year, say, pre modern era SEKC? Before the internet. I know you can search newspaper archives,but,not so easy in some cases. Especially way back,say,early 80's. Who keeps those records?